“Well-crafted food”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Good herbs and spices in the spaghetti made it an exceptional dish. Meatballs and sausage were hand made and hand seasoned, the sausage with a bit of fennel seed. Intriguing flavors kept it from being ordinary or predictable. Poached pears for dessert, wonderful finish. May have to go again very soon. The chef came out to check on us and chat a little, she knows how to please the taste buds.

1  Thank rthorgaard

Reviewed 9 July 2014

We went early (5:30) were seated and given water and gave our order. There were 2 other customers in the place. It took 30 minutes for our salads, which were acceptable but not special. The bread was the worst I've ever had...cold, a hard cheese layer on stale bread of undetermined vintage. Not even butter helped this mess.The server did not check back with us for additional drink orders or to check up on our satisfaction with our food. When the entrees arrived, we couldn't believe our eyes as his $18 lasagna was about 3" square and I had a $14 lone cannelloni that was about 4" long. The sauce was tasty but this place was WAY overpriced, especially given the crappy service. A family of 5 sat down next to us and after hearing our discussion of the cost and scarcity of our food, opted to leave to seek a more reasonable and palatable dining experience.

We deeply regretted spending our time and money in this dump and actually went to Taco Bell for tacos as my husband was very hungry. DON'T waste your time and money here!!!!

16  Thank Joanne S
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

My family was staying in Newport and our last night we couldn't decide what we wanted.. Happened upon this place! It's almost one of those places you wouldn't know was there if you didn't walk by. Kinda hidden. We ordered take out and couldn't of been more impressed! We got baked ziti, manicotti and kids spaghetti. All perfectly cooked! Salad was crisp and fresh. Ronda, the owner/chef is the real deal! Loved everything!

1  Thank Areviewer12
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We've been to this quaint little restaurant/book store for a few years in a row now. The food itself is actually very good with homemade spaghetti sauce that is wonderful. Unfortunately both times we had to wait 3-4 hours to eat (and that's after we were seated). When the food finally did come it was cold. I understand with the marathon going on it might be a little busy, but we even had reservations. We thought last year was a fluke with the length of time it took- thus our returning the following year. The staff was friendly enough, it's just the wait time was ridiculous, and BOTH years! We received excuses galore from the owner (again both years), but no apology. I rated this average and I think that I'm being generous in doing so. The sauce itself deserves an excellent rating, but with the wait time deserving a terrible rating I compromised... It's unfortunate really.

5  Thank sspartyof2
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Don't let the outside or the neighborhood make you pass up this dining experience. If you don't mind eating in an old bookstore, with plastic table cloths and mismatched furniture, you will get a very good meal. Our server, Chelsey, was delightful and efficient. I had linguini with clams, and everything was cooked perfectly. The salad was fresh and the dressing tasty. My husband had the lasagna and he really enjoyed it. The desserts were homemade and just delicious. It is different, but worth the experience for good food. Being a New Yorker, I enjoy Italian food and appreciated having it explained that this is Sicilian style...not what you would find in Rome. I would certainly go back.