“Love this place!!!”

Ranked #13 of 24 Hotels in Newport
Newport, Oregon
“Love this place!!!”
Reviewed 10 November 2013

With some of the best views in Newport, the Embarcadero Restaurant is my "go to" place! Not only are the views magnificent they offer great dinning at affordable prices....and their Happy Hour menu is one of the best in Newport!! My favorite is the Little Italy Chop Salad and the sliders! Kent the chief is very accommodating and takes great pride in what he puts on the plate! and lastly, but certainly not least...the staff, they were very polite, attentive and engaging. I will continue returning time and time again! Check it out for yourself!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the bridge! Pick one high up the hill, so you can see over the marina!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Wavedancer42
Jeffrey V, General Manager at Embarcadero Resort Hotel, responded to this review, 12 November 2013
Dear Danielle Keyes Emerick,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am thrilled to hear about your positive experience; we are pleased to offer affordable meals and the best view in town. I would like to thank you for your continued patronage and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Reviewed 6 November 2013

We have stayed here a couple of times. The locations is so great, is a walking distance to the good restaurants. What's also nice is that they have their own dock for crabbing, so close to the water and they provide a boiler to boil your crabs.
It has a swimming pool, balcony, a kitchen with all utensils, a good size family room with nice furniture. We are very happy with the room and would like to come back again. Is good for a family vacation with your kids or for just couples.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Hardolin
Jeffrey V, General Manager at Embarcadero Resort Hotel, responded to this review, 6 November 2013
Hardolin,

Thank you for taking the time to review our resort. I am thrilled to hear we have been able to be your destination resort on the Oregon coast. I'm glad you had an opportunity to enjoy our private crab dock and our beautiful bay view. As we are only a short walking distance to the historic bay front our location makes our resort the perfect location for families and couples. Again, thank you for the review and we eagerly await your next visit.
Reviewed 25 October 2013

I checked in and discovered that the room I booked had a considerable set of stairs, and I was carrying a lot of gear. The managers were very accommodating and moved me to a room that was much easier for me to negotiate. Enjoyed my stay!

Room Tip: Suites are very nice. The studios have very steep stairs. The hotel is older, but has been regularly...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Jeffrey V, General Manager at Embarcadero Resort Hotel, responded to this review, 4 November 2013
pdxdressage,

I'm glad to hear our staff were able to accommodate you so quickly. We pride ourselves on our guest services and I am happy to hear that once again our staff delivered. Thank you for the kind review, we look forward to your return!
Sherwood, Oregon
Reviewed 23 October 2013

I have stayed here twice. Once in one of the cheap rooms and another time in one of the suites. If you can afford it, stay in one of the suites. It'll make your trip WAY more enjoyable. It's in a great location, has an espresso bar in the lobby, a restaurant that has decent breakfast, lunch, and dinner, ohh and a bar. Guests can crab off the private docks so that is an added bonus especially during the busy season--because then you aren't competing with other's for dock space. Trust me, depending on the time of year you are there it can ruin your day or make it the best day ever. It's within walking distance to the downtown area, fishing charters, restaurants, etc....and not too far (in a car) from the aquarium.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank O Z
Dear S P,

Thank you for the feedback. I'm so happy you had a chance to relax and do some crabbing on our private crab dock, I hope you didn't miss our crab cleaning and cooking station on your way out! We also have boat rentals for our crabbing enthusiasts. Thank you again for the kind review, we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

My girlfriend and I dined here and the food was amazing. Multiple staff members engaged with us and were incredibly fun, friendly, and accommodating. In fact, on several occasions throughout our evening they really went ABOVE and BEYOND to deliver exceptional guest service.

We were really wowed!!

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
jake_obermiller,

Thank you for the kind review! I am very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and had the chance to try our bay view restaurant. I will pass on your comments to our staff; we eagerly look forward to seeing you again. Thank you.
Oregon
Reviewed 5 October 2013

My husband and I wanted to visit Newport after not being there for almost 3 years. We stayed at Embarcadero several years ago (before Tripadvisor) and enjoyed ourselves. Decided to stay there again, and boy is it lovely! Although, the ocean is nice, we wanted to overlook the beautiful Yaquina Bay. Every room at the Embarcadero overlooks the beautiful bay and the famous, scenic Yaquina Bay bridge. There are different styles of rooms from standard to premium then to speciality suites. The standard are just that, which is really okay. The premiums are better, but, do yourself a favor and stay in the speciality suites (they are more expensive, but this is your vacation). They have pictures of all the speciality suites on their web site. We looked at several, but, decided Captain Rogue's Quarter was the room that captured our eye. The others looked great, too. The special suites are very updated and have excellent touches. We did look at a premium room and it was clean, attractive and nice. Each room has a nice size deck with places to sit while watching the sunrise and sunset. Oh, they have kitchens.

The staff is great! Very helpful and courteous. But, the view and area the Embarcadero sits is amazing. And, it's an easy walk to the Bay Front area, where scenic attractions, great restaurants, coffee houses, markets and the like are located. The ocean is great, but, why stay there when you can stay overlooking beautiful Yaquina Bay? I mean overlook the ocean if you go to Lincoln City, TIllamook, Cannon Beach or such. But, what is distinctive about Newport is the gorgeous bay. You will love it!!!!!!!

Room Tip: One thing, if you stay on the first or second floor (maybe third), you can hear people walking aroun...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jehesbeth
Jeffrey V, General Manager at Embarcadero Resort Hotel, responded to this review, 8 October 2013
Dear Jehesbeth,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property, I am glad to hear you had such a positive experience. As you mentioned, all of our rooms boast a bay view and many have kitchens. We are especially proud of our Specialty Suites and we are thrilled you had the opportunity to enjoy our Rogue Room. again, thank you for the review and we anxiously await your next stay!
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Great place to come stay; amazing views and the rooms (stayed in a condo) were awesome! Had a two bedroom / two bathroom and the bedroom upstairs was very impressive. Spiral staircase with an amazing on suite bathroom that looked like it should had been in an high end hotel. The restaurant was delish and the cocktails were superb. Went swimming in their saltwater swimming pool and were there for hours. Totally will be coming back!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Dear TakeAGuess503,

Thank you for your kind words, we very appreciate the positive review! I am so happy you enjoyed your time with us here at the Embarcadero Resort. I am glad you got the opportunity to enjoy our full-service on-site restaurant and lounge during your stay. We appreciate the review and look forward to your return!