“Family event”

Embarcadero Resort Hotel
Ranked #13 of 24 Hotels in Newport
“Family event”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

This was the perfect place and set up for a large family affordable rates and beautiful view.Full size kitchen ,sofa sleeper for the little one, and they even put cider in the room with a welcome sign for my young daughter on request no charge. The pool was at perfect temp overall and you must try the Irish nachos .We will be back!

Jenny Wood

Room Tip: Ask for a premium and don't forget your AAA
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Jeffrey V, General Manager at Embarcadero Resort Hotel, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Dear corrina t,

Thank you for reviewing our property! We pride ourselves on our service and I am pleased to hear you were treated like a VIP. I agree with you regarding the Irish Nachos, they are incredible!!! Chef Micheal is an amazingly talented man whose cuisine keeps our guests coming back again and again. Thank you for sharing your experience. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

When we stayed at the Embarcadero during a very busy weekend. The room we stayed in was glorious. We plan to remodel our kitchen after the gorgeous kitchen the Embarcadero provided for us! The view was amazing! We could walk out of our room and throw a stone to hit the restaurant! We were very close to a beautiful outdoor grill/ crab cooking station, and a perfect temperature pool. It is clear that the new management is taking the hotel very seriously down to the adorable cats that greet you as you leave your room! I will stay here the rest of my life! The staff was amazing and accommodating! The restaurant was delicious! I am so happy to have found my spot on the Oregon Coast! I would recommend this place to my mother, and have, considering the amount of thought put into every detail! My experience was amazing! Good job Embarcadero!

1 Thank David C
Jeffrey V, General Manager at Embarcadero Resort Hotel, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Dear David C,

I am thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay at our beautiful resort. I believe you stayed n our Presidential Suite and I agree, the kitchen is amazing! The room is designed to accommodate up to 4 adults and the full kitchen has everything you could need to cook for a family. I would love to see photos of your new kitchen the next time you come to the Embarcadero. Thank you for the review, we will see you again soon!
Newport OR
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

Just held an incredible 30th birthday party for my son at the Embarcadero Resort and wanted to extend a grateful "thank you" to Jared Groome, Embarcadero's Director of Sales, who coordinated the festivities, along with his friendly staff. Jared went way above and beyond his duties to make this a memorable night for all the guests and the honoree. The views from the venue and overnight accommodations are spectacular, and although it was gusty and raining, it was a great location from which to watch the storm. The food, catered by the Waterfront Grille, was superb. Thank you, Embarcadero!

2 Thank Newportonian1
Hello Newportonian1,

Thank you so much, we very much appreciate your review. We are very fortunate to have such a committed Director of Sales as Mr. Groome and I am thrilled to hear he took such excellent care of you. I hope you had an opportunity to enjoy our newly remodeled restaurant, Waterfront Grille, during your stay. We have incredible family-friendly entertainment at the restaurant every Friday and Saturday night. We appreciate your business and the kind words, thank you. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

With my Brother visiting, my husband and I wanted to show him the Oregon Coast for the first time. We've heard of Embarcadero from several friends and family who had come and stayed there, and decided that it would be a good to try it out for ourselves. We booked a room online, and the next day, drove down to Newport. As we got there earlier than we expected to go crabbing, we were greeted by a lovely woman at the desk who said that although our room wasn't ready, she would give us a call when it was ready. I had my small dog with me and let her know, and with a $25 extra fee, she let us have a room that was dog-friendly. *Note* If you have a dog with you, they do have specific rooms that accommodate to you + your pet. In the meantime, she gave me two keys so that we could use the dock to go crabbing and use the pool.

To get to the pool + crabbing dock, you will need to have a key - and luckily, we were able to do that. They do have crab rings available to rent in the gift shop, should you need some. We were able to catch some rock crabs, and were able to cook them in the cooking area that is right of the dock. Before we knew it, we were able to check in! The room they gave us (129) was perfect - right on the very corner, it was the Premium Bayfront Suite. The room itself had a long hallway which had the bedroom on the right when we walked in, followed in by a long hallway that led to the bathroom on the right and further down, the kitchen on the right which opened up to one huge space - with an incredible view. Our dog loved it, too, and the patio was perfect.

The bed in the bedroom was great, had a tv inside it, and had plenty of space. The living room had a pull-out bed for my brother and friend to sleep on. The TV was big enough for us, and they even had a DVD player in the room, should we need to watch any DVDs. They also had free WI-FI which came in handy! The kitchen was big - microwave, stove, huge fridge, dishwasher that they had with soap.. basically everything we needed. All in all, we had one amazing time, and we definitely will stay here again!

Room Tip: Let the front desk knw if you have a special occasion! Also give them a heads up if you are bringing...
5 Thank Janice P
Jeffrey V, General Manager at Embarcadero Resort Hotel, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Dear Janice P,
Thank you so much for the kind review! I am thrilled to hear you had such a positive experience at our resort. It is so nice to hear we were able to get you into your room so quickly and that you were able to do some crabbing off of our private crab dock while you waited. We cant wait to see you again! Thank you kindly!
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014

When I visit Newport, I have a specific agenda.
1) I stock up on tuna cans from South Beach Fish Market.
2) I fill up a growler with mead from Rogue.
3) I eat seafood.
4) I eat at La Maison Cafe and Bakery.
5) I go to work at my gig, which is the reason I'm in Newport pretty frequently.

One of the things I do not necessarily go to Newport for is the beach. Beachfront property in Newport is very lovely, but I really prefer to stay in a rental house down the road in Seal Rock (excellent prices) if I'm going to be staying in the area for beachin' activities. As far as Newport goes, I guess I'm a Bay Girl!

I have a $150 accommodations limit, so that rules out some of the fancier places in town. Also, I have stayed in various of the larger beachfront hotels, and I will say that they are good places, but a little damp-seeming and dated. With weird heat regulation. I digress.

The Embarcadero really fits my bill. I love "romantic" places-- spots that have some good character. I usually prefer independently-owned properties over chains-- but gahd, I travel for business, and ya gotta rack up those points. Plus, sometimes all there is in town is a chain (ahem, Best Western Rama Inn La Grande). But this place has something extra-- since each of the units are owned, I think anyway, by different shareholders or whatever, then each owner personalizes the unit in their own cool way. Even though the ones I've stayed in have been unique from each other, they have all been impeccably clean, and very well appointed. You're paying the same amount of money to stay in a place that has a separate bedroom, a pull out bed sometimes, a kitchen, a guaranteed view out the deck onto the bay, privacy, often a Fireplace!, and an Awesome Bar and Restaurant-- yep, you heard me right-- as you would at a faceless, nameless, soulless Holiday Inn Express (no offense, those can be really nice hotels in a pinch). I hear there are even some with jacuzzi tubs.
You are getting so much when you stay at the Embarcadero.
In addition to all that I just listed, there is a crab dock, where you can rent crabbing equipment and catch your weight, potentially, of dungeness crabs, which are, like, the same price as gold. You may not cook crabs in your room, but don't worry, they have a 24-7 crab steaming pot down at the dock, and you can just cook your dang crab there and eat it on your porch or at your seats-8 dining room table! There is a really nice indoor pool and spa. The staff, as should be expected, are really friendly and nice; sometimes weird stuff will happen like the computer will go down, but they are prompt about returning your call, and they keep to their word, regarding your reservation. Oh! There is also a commissary, where you can purchase espresso drinks, as well as anything else you may need, including Two Towns ciders and Rogue ales, singles or sixers; wine; beach equipment; the aforementioned crab gear; and a lot of other great stuff. Candles? I don't know. There are also storied lookout cupolas, with strange Scandinavian fireplaces, which I think it's possible to rent out for meetings or events-- very weird and great.
I would now like to talk about the restaurant/ bar. March 28, 2014-- the night we stayed there-- was the opening night of the Waterfront Grille. The restaurant is basically the same as it was before-- awesome bar with chairs, fireplace, bay view seating-- but now has a brand-new, improved menu. Toby had the sturgeon special, which was ridiculously amazing, and I had the clam pasta, also wonderful. I love the cheap martinis made with Rogue gins. They have lots of really great stuff on the menu, but obviously I can't speak to any more than I ate. I never considered eating at this restaurant before the menu change: the old menu had really dated items-- I'm sure the food was good, but it wasn't up to the style of today. Now it is.

Full disclosure: I have not stayed in every one of the rooms at this hotel. I have only stayed in Premium Suites. I think these might be the best option. The fact that all the condos are personalized has a pitfall: some of the units are not as recently updated as others. They are not updated on a schedule. So it is up to you, the customer, to be proactive and ask for an updated room. They hooked us up with a great room the other day, when our usual room wasn't available.

All in all, you should stay at the Embarcadero-- it is awesome, if you like that sort of thing. Thanks, Embarcadero, for always showing us such a great time!

Room Tip: Captain Rogue's Quarters is great. Go waterfront, otherwise.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank theefamousperson
Jeffrey V, General Manager at Embarcadero Resort Hotel, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Dear thefamousperson,

Thank you for taking the time to write such an incredible and in-depth review of our resort! I am so happy to hear you were able to join us for our grand opening weekend with musician Brett Lucich. We are very proud of our new menu and restaurant design, and we appreciate the positive feedback.

I agree with your comments about the property's many wonderful features. Our many amenities and unique room designs offer a different experience with every stay our private crab dock offers an opportunity to catch crab while enjoying the gorgeous bay view. Your comments are very appreciated and we very much look forward to seeing you again soon! Thanks again for the amazing review!!!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014 via mobile

Service was excellent! Really attentive to my food allergies. The room was clean and the bed was super comfortable! The "one man band" was great and our server Chad was the best. We are vi owners and this location does not disappoint.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Kimberly R
Kimberly R,

Thank you so much for your kind review of our property. I am thrilled to hear you joined us for the grand opening of the Embarcadero Waterfront Grille! We are ecstatic to have our bartender Chad back and I agree with you that our musician's performance was incredible! We are fortunate to have such a great staff and wonderful guests! Thank you!
Tillamook, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2014

I took my wife there for a birthday/Valentine's day present to her and Ihad flowers delivered for a suprise to my wife. When the resort found out I was treating my wife to such a time, they up graded my room with no extra cost and also delivered a complimentary bottle of champagne with the flowers. We felt like royalty. Ok, mabe that's stretching it a bit, but I've seriously never been treated better at any other resort I've stayed in. I highly reccomend staying there.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank jaosi
Jeffrey V, General Manager at Embarcadero Resort Hotel, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
Dear jaosi,
We are so glad to hear you had a great anniversary. thank you for choosing our resort to spend your romantic weekend at. Thank you so much for reviewing our property and we look forward to seeing you again soon!