“Needs an Update”

Embarcadero Resort Hotel
Ranked #13 of 24 Hotels in Newport
Reviewed 16 July 2014

The location of the Embarcadero is great. The view is lovely and you can walk to a number of good restaurants. The units at Embarcadero are individually owned and the owners control the state of the room. Unfortunately the owner of the room we stayed in hasn't changed a thing since 1980. The walls and woodwork were all scuffed and marked, there was a hole in the couch and the bathroom, while clean, was very tired. I think there may be some very nice rooms, but next time I would ask to see the room before committing. Overall this is a property that should be prime, but it just looks tired, inside and out.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Jeffrey V, General Manager at Embarcadero Resort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Dear Sbwilso,

Thank you for taking the time to review our resort. I would like to discuss your stay in further detail so I can get the unit you stayed in updated. Please call me at 541-265-8138 or by email at Jeffrey@embarcadero-resort.com. I look forward to speaking with you. Thanks again for the review.

There are newer reviews for Embarcadero Resort Hotel

Reviewed 15 July 2014

We spent 1 night in the captain's quarters. Great view of marina and bay, clean and comfortable space with a well equipped kitchen (although no spices). The overall grounds/exterior shows wear from the coastal environment. Front desk had 1 employee at peak checkin time - 2 would be better. We rented a boat slip for the night as well, easy access and we could see from our room. We were able to walk to bayfront stores, the rogue brewery for a beer and ended up at the embarcadero lounge for dinner and live music. Great service and food - clam chowder, Caesar salad and fish tacos. We head back in august for our anniversary.

Dear kmellis,

I am so happy to hear you had such a wonderful experience at our resort. As you mentioned; our resort is perfectly situated for easy access to many local attractions. With our on-site marina,the Embarcadero is the perfect place for you and your boat. Thanks for the review.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

We stay here frequently when in Newport; pet-friendly rooms comparable rates; Xlnt dining - breakfast, too!

This time however, the pillow-top mattress also had a pillow-top mattress cover on it making it way too hot, too soft and difficult to turn over. Neither of us slept well :( The view & location is great! :)

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Hello Carol J,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am thrilled to hear you have had such remarkable experiences with us. I will follow up with our Executive housekeeper regarding the double pillow top so future guests won't have the same problem in the future. Thank you so much!

Reviewed 15 July 2014

I only live a few hours away, but love to come ONLY to this place! It has everything! The view is spectacular! The boats in the marina,- the BEAUTIFUL balconies, pool, spas, hottubs, live music, great food, CRABBING!!! Stocked kitchen- fire- flat screens! Never lets me down....

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Hello Penny S,

Thank you for the kind review. We are so happy to hear you have enjoyed our resort as much as we do. Thank you so much, we look forward to seeing you soon!

Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Each year for the last ten years we have spent two months July and August at the Embarcadero in Newport, Or. This year we had our confirmation emails for July and August welcoming us and giving us the dates and cost plus looking forward to seeing us.
My wife called two days before we were to leave on vacation and was told they had no reservations for us we faxed our confirmations. We were told they were incomplete and were canceled but we were not contacted or advised. Management's reaction was we are very sorry and will try and find something for you. The first day on the road a Mr. Butler called stated he was very sorry but they had nothing for us. Worst vacation ever.

• Stayed: July 2014

Kenneth O,

I would like to apologize for the confusion in your reservation. The person who took your reservation and cancelled it without notice is no longer with the company. I am very sorry for this confusion. This is not our typical standard for service and communication.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

We got a deluxe room, and the view was great. We had a fireplace, vaulted ceiling, and hardwood floors. The only reason I didn't give it a perfect score was that our steak at the reasturant was burnt.

3  Thank Eric T
Jeffrey V, General Manager at Embarcadero Resort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Hello Eric T,

Thank you so much for the review. I am thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay so much. I apologize for your steak being over cooked. Give me a call and I'll treat you to a replacement next time you're here. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Recently we stayed at this hotel--our first time. While checking in, there was a mix-up with my second night reserverations (I had even double checked everything before we left for vacation). Well, what could have been a disaster ended up being awesome. The young lady at the desk (sorry I didn't get her name) fixed everything for us. All the staff was just terrific! The rooms were beautiful and clean. The view was also beautiful. We enjoyed the crabbing, pool, restaurant---all of it. We will be back.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Jeffrey V, General Manager at Embarcadero Resort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Hello Cheri P,

I am thrilled to hear you had such an excellent experience. I do apologize about the confusion regarding your second night but I am glad our Front Desk team were able to get it taken care of. I am pleased to hear you took the time to enjoy our on-site restaurant, I hope you were able to make it to the Bret Lucich Show! He is one of our very favorite performers. Thank you for taking the time to review us. We will see you again soon!