“Family crabbing experience”

Ranked #13 of 24 Hotels in Newport
Jacksonville
“Family crabbing experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

Wonderful place to have my kids learn abt crabbing. Out of 18 days in the NW, this was their most favorite memory! They had crab rings,cooker,and eating area right off the dock. Greg the asst.mgr was awesome!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Jeffrey V, General Manager at Embarcadero Resort Hotel, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Hello Maria B,

I am thrilled to hear you and your family had such an amazing experience. Our private crab dock and boat rentals are a perfect way to enjoy the Newport, the dungeness crab capital of the world! Thank you for the review. We'll see you again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
North Bend
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

View was great/building looks great. Check in:Coffee handed to me with an attached filter that was not the right one for my coffee pot. Noise was horrible. Check out: never asked about my stay. Never said thank you for staying or come back. Location is great if staying near the Resort but during tourist season, horrible to get back to the main town at dinner time. If the service was great (lose the tacky handing of coffee at check in) and somehow could control the noise, I could put up with the dated room and would have liked this place.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

Hello Joni M,

Thank you for the review. Our coffee is roasted weekly and supplied to our resort by our local coffee roaster Pirate Coffee. We hand the coffee out during check in to ensure its freshness. Each bag has the date it was roasted printed on the front so you know you are getting exceptional coffee. Thank you for pointing out the issue with the filter size. This feedback is quite helpful. I would like to apologize for your checkout experience. This check out experience is below our standards and again we appreciate the feedback. Please give me a call at 541-265-8138 I would like to learn more about your experience. Thank you.

Travellers are raving about these Newport hotels

Aberdeen
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

I have stayed here since 1985 and remained loyal throughout. Rooms are always clean and neat and have benefited from all the recent upgrades and updates. The property has crab cookers and large barbeque at the top of the private fishing dock which is a huge plus. Perfect size pool with dry sauna, two hot tubs and changing rooms within easy access. The front-window view of Yaquina Bay Bridge, river, NOAA research center, and boat basin is absolutely gorgeous and I appreciate the location within walking distance of the bay-front activities along the boardwalk. Absolutely great for families, couples, and/or single travelers. I have stayed at the other hotels in the area but the Embarcadero with it's reasonable rates and all-inclusive features cannot be topped. Additionally, the staff is friendly, the restaurant has very good food and remarkable service. I used to take my family here when they were young and now they take their families and won't say anywhere else when vacationing in Newport and surrounding area.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo

George J,

Thank you. I am thrilled to hear you have been a loyal guest for so many years. We are proud to have provided the many amenities and quality of service that have made our resort your family's destination on the Oregon Coast. You are very appreciated. Thank you kindly for the review. See you soon!
Montana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

We have wanted to stay at the Embarcadaro for a long time. We finally got there and we were not disappointed. The room was comfortable. The view from the balcony was great and the location on the harbor was perfect.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Hello Brenda G,

Thank you for staying with us. I am happy to hear we lived up to your expectations. We are proud to provide high levels of service and unparalleled amenities. Please come see us again soon and thank you for the review.
Leavenworth, Washington
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

We have stayed here many times over the past 25 years and usually love it. This time, terrible service and poor facility upkeep make us rethink whether we will come back. Front desk service was horrible from check-in through to check-out with no one seeming to know what they were doing. Tried to rent crab rings as usual and the staff switched fluently between ignoring us to not having the necessary papers. We went offsite to rent them (highly recommend Harry's Bait shop - cheaper and better people). One of the two crap pot cookers was not working the entire time we were there. None of the jets in the two hot tubs worked, again for the whole time we were there. Kids from the neighborhood were in the pool with their dogs who proceeded to do their duty both by the pool and in the locker area. Lights were out all over the property, from the dock to walking areas between the two levels of facilities creating potentially dangerous situations at night. I could go on (room cleaning did not occur when requested, etc). If not that the room was in relatively decent shape, and the view was great . . . Every one we talked to seemed to have only worked there for a couple of months or since the new ownership took over the resort - lets just say it shows and whomever the new ownership is, they had better get their act together and run it like it should be run!! If I owned one of the places there I would be very worried for my investment!

1 Thank J B
Jeffrey V, General Manager at Embarcadero Resort Hotel, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
J B,

I am sorry to hear about your stay. Your experience was clearly not up to our usual service standards. I would love to discuss your experience with you personally. Please feel free to contact me at 541-265-8138. Thank you for the review.
Seattle
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

Beginning to end it was a disappointment. Didn't get the room we were expecting. Then the room was very dirty. No bedding for the sofa bed - found some stale sheets in a closet. Next day still no bedding - had to ask. Went to the lounge for drinks - took 40 minutes after ordering to get them all - just 3! All 3 were poorly made. There was no covering for the patio door at all. When I asked for something they brought an ugly shower curtain to cover it which did not even stay up.

1 Thank S S
Dear S S,

I am so sorry to hear about your stay. I have followed up with our housekeeping department regarding the condition of your room and I assure you this is not the level of cleanliness we pride ourselves on. I would like to discuss your experience in more detail at your convenience. Please call me at 541-265-8138. Thank you for the review.
Colorado Springs
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

I loved the space in the rooms at the Embarcadero, but our unit was in need of major repair and upgrades! We couldn't reach a set of blinds, blinds were missing from the deck door. The shower head in the bathroom was for a person under 5' tall and the bathroom was in need of major upgrades;especially the toilet. The amount of water wasted in the older toilets is disturbing. The pull out beds are in terrible shape and mattresses need to be replaced. The pool is awesome, but the hot tubs didn't work.

Hello Linda H,

Thank you for the review. I would like to touch base with you so I can make sure future guests dont have these same issues. Our units are individually owned and I would love to get some details so I can pass this information on to the unit owner. We do appreciate your feedback and I assure you your next experience will be incredible. See you again soon!