“Loved it and will definitely be back!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hallmark Resort

Hallmark Resort
Ranked #2 of 24 Hotels in Newport
Portland, Oregon
“Loved it and will definitely be back!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2011

My husband and I stopped in Newport for an evening as part of our 1st Anniversary coast trip. Since Hallmark was top rated on TA, we decided to book a night here. When my husband called, he mentioned we were celebrating our anniversary.

When we arrived, check-in went smoothly and we headed to our room. About 10 min later, there was a knock on the door. It was the hotel staff delivering a bottle of champagne to congratulate us on our anniversary!! We also noticed later there was a bottle with a note inside. It was another congratulatory note signed by the manager. What an amazing touch to make us feel special during our day!!

The room was very nice. The bed was really comfortable. I slept like a baby, and I don't typically sleep well away from home. The view of the ocean was SPECTACULAR!! There is beach access right from the hotel.

The only thing I wish the hotel had: screens on their doors. Other reviewers mentioned this as well. We were on the top floor, so weren't too worried about security, but I just feel better having some sort of screen.

This was our favorite hotel during our entire coast weekend. We will definitely be back and really want to check out their cannon beach location too! Highly recommend this. The amazing attention to detail to make us feel special on our anniversary really went above and beyond what we experienced at other hotels!

Room Tip: Go for the top floor!
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lsoph
hallmarknewport, General Manager at Hallmark Resort, responded to this review, 11 August 2011
lposh – First of all Happy Anniversary. We are honored that we could be a part of it. I also want to thank you for the extensive review. I will be sure to pass all of your comments on to our staff as they will be thrilled to hear them. Thank you again for your review and stay with us.

Ric Rabourn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (534)
Waco, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2011

We pulled into the Hallmark without a reservation, as we were driving down the coast on the way to a Ducks game. The staff was very welcoming, and the made sure we were taken care of. they took time to tell us about Newport, and where we might want to go that evening. The room itself was clean and well appointed, and the patio view of the pacific was perfect.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
hallmarknewport, General Manager at Hallmark Resort, responded to this review, 9 August 2011
treyjewels – I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will be sure to pass your appreciation on to the front desk and housekeeping departments as well. They will be very happy to have been recognized for their efforts. Thank you for taking the time to share your comments.

Roseburg, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2011

Overall we were pleased with our stay at the Hallmark Resort. We rented a room with a partial view and we were told at check-in that we would be able to see the lighthouse from our room. We arrived in the room and found that we could see the ocean, but the portion of the beach with the lighthouse was blocked by the neighboring building. That was a small disappointment in our stay that was quickly overshadowed by all that there is to do in Newport. We really enjoyed this coastal town.

Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TallTravelers_11
TallTravellers_11 – Please accept my apology for the misinformation you were given at check-in. I have personally talked with our desk staff and reminded them that the partial view rooms do not have a view of the lighthouse. I am relieved to hear that you were still able to enjoy your visit with us and had a good experience overall. We hope to see you again the next time you are in Newport.

Sacramento, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2011

We stayed here 1 night on a trip up the Oregon coast. The room was large and like every room in the hotel, had a great view of the ocean. Try to get a room on the top floor. Our room was on the lower level and was a bit noisy. Had dinner at the on-site restaurant and the food was good.

Room Tip: Stay on the top floor, it is more quiet.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
hallmarknewport, General Manager at Hallmark Resort, responded to this review, 3 August 2011
Sacramento_CAdave – I appreciate your taking the time to write a review of your stay. It’s great to hear that it was enjoyable and that you were able to take in the exceptional view of the ocean. I do apologize for the noise during your stay. The summer is quite busy and you are correct, a higher floor typically provides a bit more of a quiet experience. I was also glad to hear that you enjoyed dining at Georgie’s. We hope to see you again the next time your travel to the Oregon Coast.

Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2011

Our room (and it looks like all of them) faced the ocean, great for watching the sun set. The room was large with 2 tvs, dvd player and a kitchenette. The kitchenette was great, but we had to ask for dishwasher soap and we didn't see a tea towel during our stay. The room doesn't have a/c, which is fine for the climate, but the drapes were attached so you couldn't get breeze from the window without the entire set of drapes open. (with kids we didn't want to leave the balcony door open). Overall a great place and would recommend - except NOT the on-site restaurant.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
hallmarknewport, General Manager at Hallmark Resort, responded to this review, 2 August 2011
The_Cowtowners – I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. You are correct in that all of our rooms do boast an ocean view. As we get ready to do some additional renovations this fall/winter we will certainly take your comments about the drapes into consideration when looking at designs. Thank you again for your comments.

Ric Rabourn

PS – I addressed your restaurant concerns on the restaurant review page.
Bend, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2011

I have seen my fair share of motel rooms in my life and this room at the Hallmark resort on the beach in Newport, Oregon was definitely one of the better places to stay. My room was one of the older (not remodeled) rooms but it was exceptionally clean and comfortable. Had I made reservations more then a day earlier I would have been able to get one of the newer remodeled rooms but I can't say if it could have been any nicer then my room. Two flat screen tv's, jetted two person tub, balcony and deck overlooking the beautiful Oregon beach. Don't forget to sample some of the best beach food at Georgie's next door. I have eaten there many times before and it has always been absolutely perfect. This was my first time staying at the Hallmark resort but it won't be my last.

Room Tip: Fills quickly, make reservations early.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2011

This is an excellent value. The hotel is beach front with easy access to a very nice beach. Many shops close by including French bakery for breakfast goodies, and the Rogue River brewery close by lunch and dinner. The limited edition room we had was very spacious and very well laid out.

Room Tip: The limited edition rooms are very worth it.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank 030612nn
There/here – First let me thank you for sharing your comments on Trip Advisor, they are very much appreciated. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay in one of the Limited Edition rooms and our central location. We hope to see you again on your next visit to Newport.

Ric Rabourn
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newport
Elizabeth Street Inn
The Coho Oceanfront Lodge
The Coho Oceanfront Lodge
#4 of 36 in Lincoln City
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,588 reviews

Been to Hallmark Resort? Share your experiences!