“Best choice with your pet”
Review of Hallmark Resort

Hallmark Resort
Ranked #2 of 24 Hotels in Newport
Aberdeen, Washington
“Best choice with your pet”
Reviewed 13 May 2012

The Hallmark Resort actually likes and caters to your dog. A basket of toy, treat, sheets and towel are provided for fido's well being. The rooms all have teriffic views of the ocean. It is located among several large motels on the coast in Newport. The rooms are clean and large. Ours had gas fireplace, kitchenette, and sitting area with 2 queen beds. Bath with double vanity set-up and tub/shower. The front desk is very accommodating and anxious to help make your stay the best it can be.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on "Georgie's" side. That's the adjoining restaurant.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
hallmarknewport, General Manager at Hallmark Resort, responded to this review, 23 May 2012
jimsue – Thank you for writing a review on Trip Advisor. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and our pet friendly environment. I will be sure to pass your positive comments on to our front desk staff. Thanks again and he hope you will return the next time you are in Newport.

Ric Rabourn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (552)
Seattle, USA
Reviewed 11 May 2012

We stayed here for three nights in late March - very wet, very windy and big seas, but we expected that. The place was nice in a typical coastal resort way. My only complaint: we booked an "Admiral" room since they said on the website that there were only two and they were the largest room and on the top floor (5th). Turns out they had changed two "Captain" rooms into "Admiral" rooms and we were given one on the 4th floor. The room was very spacious (empty space - sparcely furnished) and nice views (spolit a bit by several concrete support pillars). The room was directly off a large recreational space used by kids to play and adults to have cell phone conversations. It was also on the main corridor to one wing of the resort so lots of to-ing anf fro-ing. On the last evening someone moved in above us and it was very noisy with people walking/running about the room all evening. The small kitchen was nice with enough dishes/pots/pans etc for four and a medium fridge and small microwave. Perfect for making coffee and storeing drinks etc.

Bottom line: if noise doesn't bother you (even though you are paying for the most expensive room) then it is fine. If you prefer a little more peace then insist you get the "Admiral" room on the 5th floor. The price is the same.
The staff were friendly, however they did forget to make up our room one day. We did not use the pool. It look small but the kids in it were having fun. We did not eat in the resturant, prefering to seek out more interesting places along the coast.

Room Tip: If you are paying for the best room make sure you get the one on the 5th floor.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Deryck60
hallmarknewport, General Manager at Hallmark Resort, responded to this review, 14 May 2012
Deryck60 – Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I apologize that your room was not in the location that you expected. I will be checking the verbiage on the website and making sure that it is corrected ASAP. I would like to make this up to you if you wouldn’t mind sending me an email at ric@hallmarkinns.com so that I can contact you. Thank you again for the review.

Oregon
Reviewed 9 May 2012

While traveling 101, from Astoria to Crescent City, we decided to stay in Newport, and take our 3 year old to the aquarium. My husband and I grew up on the Oregon coast, so these beaches we had spent lots of time at. The room was great, our daughter got many hours of enjoyment from the jaccuzi tub, using it as her own personal pool, lol. The view was great, and with the cover we were able tonsit outside and watch it rain. The price was great, staff friendly and accomidations peefect. Great for romance, or for a family stay.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
littlesass007 – Thank you for sharing your experience at the Hallmark on Trip Advisor. We appreciate you taking the time to write a review. I am glad that your daughter enjoyed her private pool and that you and your husband were able to enjoy the view. We hope to see you again soon.

Orlando, Florida, USA
Reviewed 27 April 2012

I am the organizer of a large road rally and decided to book our group at this resort during a 7 day road trip. It was one of the best stays we experienced. The rooms were beautiful with the built in fireplace and upgraded linens. The beds were very comfortable, and the view off of the balcony was just amazing! It seems as though everyone in our group of 38 rooms agreed. We also had their group catering put together one of the best meals we ate. The dinner and breakfast spread was so incredible. They also had a firepit with smores for dessert set up for us and we hung out on the beach around the bonfire that evening. Wonderful staff, wonderful rooms, amazing food, and overall first class experience. I would recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to visit the Oregon Coast. Many of our people mentioned coming back to the area and staying here because the experience was so positive.

Room Tip: My room was in one of the upgraded suites (not the standard room) and it was well worth it. I'm...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
hallmarknewport, General Manager at Hallmark Resort, responded to this review, 30 April 2012
NMF481 – First of all thank you for brining your group to the Hallmark Resort in Newport. We are always thrilled to host events and I can tell you that we always greatly enjoy the rally groups as it gives us the chance to check out some very cool cars. I am thrilled to hear that your group enjoyed the rooms and catering and that you were able to enjoy a bonfire and some s’mores. We certainly hope that you will bring your group back to see us again soon.

Harrisburg
Reviewed 24 April 2012

I am a busy new mom (to an 11 month old) with a travel heavy job. My night at the Hallmark was the most relaxing I have had in years! The bed was so comfortable I never wanted to leave, the view was picturesque, and the staff was nothing short of the image of customer service. I ordered room service as I could continue to do computer work and it arrived promptly and was delicious. The room was clean and beautifully updated and modern. I couldn't help but check out with a large smile when they asked me how my stay was. I have stayed at more than 10 different Newport hotels (depending on what rates and what my company books) and this is by far the best on the coast!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Renee B
hallmarknewport, General Manager at Hallmark Resort, responded to this review, 26 April 2012
Renee B, Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It’s great to hear that we could provide you with a relaxing stay even in the midst of your busy life. We appreciate your kind words and hope that you will return to relax with us again soon.

oregon
Reviewed 24 April 2012

We have never had a bad stay at the Hallmark in Newport, Oregon. Now that we have added a four legged fur covered happiness thought we could not stay there again. To our surprise he could and did. Great time in a very nice room with gifts for him, how cool is that? With easy access to the beach and forever friendly, helpful staff why stay anywhere else? Having a great meal at Georgie's Beachside Grill there is no reason not to stay.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Jln779, I am glad to hear that your inaugural visit with your new furry companion was a good one. I will be sure to share your comments with the rest of our team. Thank you for your repeat visits and we hope to see you again in the very near future.

Leighton Buzzard, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 April 2012

My wife and I spent 2 nights in this wonderful hotel. The rooms are beautiful and the views of the Pacific out of this world.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank Tony N
Tony N, We greatly appreciate your fantastic review. I am thrilled that you and your wife enjoyed your stay with us. We hope that you will return to visit again soon.