“Great location”
Review of Hallmark Resort

Hallmark Resort
Ranked #2 of 24 Hotels in Newport
Reviewed 29 October 2013

We only had one night booked through Groupon at the Best Western at Agate Beach and their front desk recommended the Hallmark Resort. We had a room with patio overlooking the ocean on the ground floor and 30 feet to stairs down to the beach. We spent the early evening on a near deserted beach - perfect. We left the window open to sleep to the sound of the surf. Super friendly at the front desk - we have no reservations at recommending the Hallmark and would like to visit again.

Room Tip: We were on a lower floor with direct access to a patio and the beach
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
hallmarknewport, General Manager at Hallmark Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2013

Picker48,

Thank you for the great review and recommendation, they are both very much appreciated. We will be looking forward to seeing you again on your next stay in Newport.

There are newer reviews for Hallmark Resort

Reviewed 25 October 2013

Just spent a night at the Hallmark in Newport. Unfortunately the weather was awful. Drove in through dense fog and drizzle. Literally we could not see the ocean from our balcony on the 4th floor.

The setting for the hotel is great overlooking a broad beach about 100 feet up. Perfect Oregon coast setting, which is not a California beach. More rugged but the beach is long and wide. Great view from the rooms and the restaurant. The town is not the greatest, however. Feels kind of old and passed over. Nice if you just want peaceful days on the coast, but not much to do.

The hotel and the rooms both need some updating. They keep it very clean but the appointments need some work. The room was nice, we had the fireplace room, but it's kind of small for $179 off season. Bathroom is tiny and very old style.

Only had breakfast in the restaurant. Came across a neat bar/pizza joint/restaurant called the Savory that was a terrific hang-out, and the food was not just the usual bar and delicious. The restaurant at the hotel was terrific though. My wife is a vegan and they made several accommodations, including having almond milk for cereal. My more traditional eggs and bacon was way above standard, both in quality and quantity.

The best thing about Hallmark was the people. Everyone, from desk staff, to restaurant, to the casual meeting with maintenance staff, they all were smiling, helpful, and very friendly. That made it worth it. We will go back, just maybe bargain for abetter rate.

Room Tip: All the rooms face the ocean so any floor is good. Second floor has the suites. Top floor with firep...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DrWillie
hallmarknewport, General Manager at Hallmark Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

Dr. Willie,

Thank you for the extensive review. I am sorry to hear that our renovations didn’t suit your style preferences and that the weather didn’t cooperate. It is great to hear that Georgie’s restaurant was a highlight. I am also happy to hear that the staff performed well and you found them to be helpful and friendly. We will be looking forward to your next visit. If you let the reservationist know the room you had on this visit and that you didn’t prefer it he or she will make sure we get you into a room type that better meets your needs.

Reviewed 23 October 2013

My husband and I (and dogs) visit the Oregon coast frequently. We live in the Willamette Valley, so the close promimity and change of view beckons us. I cannot say one negative thing about the Hallmark in Newport. We've stayed at alot of motels/hotels on the coast, and this one is top notch. We've even stayed at the competitor to the north of the Hallmark and they've got nothing on this place. Clean, comfortable, friendly staff. Dog friendly. I would not even notice that the dog friendly rooms had pets in them at all. There is no reason to even leave the premises, unless you need to do some gift shopping. Everything is there. Their restaurant Georgies has great food for a great price. All the taffy you could want to eat, all the free ice you need, a place to workout, a great pool and jacuzzi. I could go on and on. Next time I visit, we'll not plan to go anywhere for dinner, or bring food in order to save money, because Georgies is really good. If you want seafood, they have it. You name it! I was so impressed with this visit, I'll be planning my next very soon. Thankyou to the staff there, including the folks that do housekeeping and all the other misc. tasks...you guys are great and we hope they pay you well! Looking forward to checking out the Hallmark at Cannon Beach some day.

Room Tip: If you have dogs, the bottom level is best (in my opinion). You can just go out your back patio do...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Norene D,

Thank you for your extensive review and frequent visits. It is wonderful to hear that you speak so highly of the Hallmark. I will be sure to share your review with all staff as they will be thrilled to see their efforts recognized. Thank you again for the review and we will be looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 23 October 2013

My bride and I have been going to the Hallmark, Newport every year for the past nine years for our wedding anniversary. Our experience has always been first-rate in every respect.

All the staff are friendly and helpful. The rooms are always spotless down to the smallest detail and the level of amenities are second-to-none! The room styling is fresh and contemporary and the room lay-out is very well done. Their room rates are very reasonable for the level of world-class comfort you're receiving in return.

The best part of our experience each year are the ocean views; the water is so close and so stunningly beautiful, you can almost reach out and touch it from your balcony. We would highly recommend the Hallmark, Newport to anyone looking to stay on the Oregon Coast!

Room Tip: Spend a little extra and request the Limited Edition King Spa which has a jacuzzi in the room and yo...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple

Sean A,

Thank you for your review and your annual anniversary trips to the Hallmark. I am very happy to hear that those visits have been “first-rate”. It is an honor to have earned your repeat visits for the past 9 years as well as your recommendation. Thank you again for the review and we will look forward to seeing you again next year.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

Friendly and helpful front desk staff. Great view of the Oregon Coast and beach. Helpful with directions and suggestions for restaurants.
Room was well maintained and priced right for the area.
We'll be back.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Patrick R,

Thank you for the great review. I am happy to hear that our staff was accommodating and that you enjoyed your stay with us. We will be looking forward to your next stay.

Sincerely

General Manger

Reviewed 14 October 2013

This review is about our experience at the Hallmark resort in Newport as group meeting facility. I was one of the organizers of a 3 day reunion of a group of over 70 people in 40+ rooms. My colleague and I visited over a dozen facilities on the Oregon Coast [including the Hallmark's sister facility in Cannon Beach] before making our selection based on the beautiful location, the spacious rooms, a surprisingly excellent meal we had in the hotel restaurant, a promised renovation of the facility, a reasonable price proposal, and the very responsive and business-like group sales person. We were not disappointed. The renovation resulted in a very spruced up look and feel of the entire facility; and the guest rooms are now lovely and exceptionally well appointed. The catered meals and the wait staff were superb. [The chef was very accommodating on the planning front...and he really delivered!] The entire staff seemed friendly and anxious to make our stay as pleasant as possible. I didn't hear a single complaint from anyone in our group. I can highly recommend this facility for a business meeting or group event. We were all delighted. My wife and I hope to come back on our own.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
hallmarknewport, General Manager at Hallmark Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2013

Skip45,

Thank you for reviewing your groups stay with us. It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed the staff, renovations and catered meals. I will be sure to pass along your comments to our sales and banquet staff. Thank you again for the review and we hope your travels bring you to Newport again soon.

Reviewed 10 October 2013

My traveling companion was my 50pd dog. Pet friendly room 165 had a king size bed with jacuzzi. Great room, great views. Cons, I found ants and the walls were thin. Room service food was warm, had to put into micro.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
hallmarknewport, General Manager at Hallmark Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2013

Kellie G,

I am sorry to hear that you about the issues with your room and room service. I will be sure to share your review with our maintenance and restaurant managers to be sure these issues are immediately addressed. Thank you for the review and I hope that you will give us the chance to better serve you the next time you are in Newport.