“This motel resort "GETS IT!!"” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Hallmark Resort
Ranked #2 of 24 Hotels in Newport
Lincoln, Nebraska
“This motel resort "GETS IT!!"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

Wow!!! A fabulous location on a large wide breach! But that is just the start. We arrived a little later but were just awestruck with the beauty of the proximity to the beach and the view as we watched the sunset from our balcony. We then started to look over the room and accommodations.

The motel is large and is old enough to have been upgraded at least once. We have never found such a thorough and complete upgrade including a triple panel patio door with a small window to get the ocean sound if you don't want to have the entire door open. The covered balcony has clean glass under the railings for great visibility and to shield you from the wind. While the bath area is an older plan, everything has been replaced. Granite higher level vanity sink top, taller comfort level toilets, tiled floor and base, upscale shampoos and lotions. We had a comfortable queen bed with quality bedding. Two smaller scale upholstered wrap around chairs were positioned to look out at the beach. All walls were updated with quality wall coverings. Everything was clean, clean, clean.

Then the surprise. When we booked, the hotel had offered a s'mores special. We had utilized it as it offered a better rate and had forgotten about it. There in our room was a small burlap sack filled with wood, fire starter, and two sticks for roasting the marshmallows in the beach pail next to the wood. The pail also contained Hershey's chocolate bars, graham crackers, and a lighter for a fire on the beach. We looked out again and sure enough, we noticed several fires up and down the beach.
This hotel team is obviously as talented at marketing as they are in operations.

The Hallmark Resort owners also own Georgie's restaurant next door. After a quick check on Trip Advisor, we knew that was were we would enjoy breakfast after a walk on the beach. Georgie's is as well operated as the hotel is, featuring a great view, staff, and breakfast selections.

The final little touch was a window washing station near the check out area where you can remove the ocean mist from you car windows.

All of this for a very affordable price. Our only regret was just booking for one night. Newport certainly offers a lot of great sights and things to do.

This is probably the best located AND operated motel resort we have found in our travels. Everyday travelers deserve a place like this. Motel operations 101 could and should be taught here!

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank jcw40
RicRabourn, General Manager at Hallmark Resort, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
jcw40,

Thank you so much for the extensive review! I am sure that the readers on TripAdvisor will find it extremely helpful (as indicated by the number of helpful votes you have already received!).

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the S’mores package. It definitely proved to be our most popular package ever. So much so that we now offer the full “kit” for purchase in the gift shop. The best part is the fire-in-a-bag part of the kit is purchased from a local non-profit.

Thank you again for the great review. We hope to see you again the next time you make it to the Oregon Coast.

Ric Rabourn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (522)
Myrtle Creek, Oregon
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

to start off with the carpet in the room was torn up and for the price the room was in very poor condition.
My biggest complaint was the employees. I was there with a group of Veterans that were getting together after 40 years and there was not one person that thanked any of them for there servers to our county. That to me was the biggest reason I will never stay there again and will most likely let a lot of people know about it. I do not know how the vets felt but I was very upset about it, these men served our country and some of them had there friends killed right in front of them, so I feel a thank you would have been a nice thing.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank P M
RicRabourn, General Manager at Hallmark Resort, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
P M,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. I am sorry to hear that the carpet in your room was snagged. I will be sure that maintenance gets into that room right away to fix that.

In regards to you comment about “not one person that thanked any of them…”, that is simply not true. I personally talked with and thanked a couple of people in the group in passing and I know that many of our staff members did the same. The organizer of your group seemed very pleased with our handling of the reunion as well. I am however sorry that no one specifically thanked you for your service. Since your review is anonymous and I can’t do it in person, please allow me to thank you both personally and on behalf of Hallmark for your years of service to our country. Again, please accept my apology for not thanking you directly while you were here.

Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

I recently stayed here and loved it. My room was very comfy with great amenities, but the best part was the view. I had a balcony with a full ocean view. It was great to just sit on the balcony and watch the water. The beach is also just literally steps away...no long walks or crossing roads to get to it. Although Newport is a bustling town, you don't notice it when you are at this resort. It was very peaceful and quiet. The staff was very friendly and always helpful. I also highly recommend their restaurant. I ordered room service from them and it was a delicious meal. This is also a great location on the coast because there are so many things to do close-by (Whale-watching, aquarium, scenic drives, etc). They are also pet-friendly, and I saw many guests out on the beach with their dogs who seemed to be enjoying it just as much as the humans. My only regret is that I was only here for two days; I hope to return and stay longer!

Room Tip: Be sure to request a high floor with full ocean view blacony
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
LHWIndiana,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. It is great to hear that you had such a great time while visiting Newport. Please give us a call when you are ready to make that extended trip, we will be looking forward to your return.

Edmond, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

We had a event at the Hallmark in Newport, Oregon - and we had a few setbacks with the people we rented equipment from and that alone could have ruined my nieces party and the staff here were so accommodating and helpful that we can do nothing but show our gratitude and post for them THIS IS THE PLACE TO THROW YOUR EVENT/FUNCTION..... And Becky she is the most Awesome genuine and so helpful kinda person - if it's important to you it's felt as important to her. We want her to know how much we appreciated her and if you go here ask for her.. Can't remember last name but Becky I know for sure!!!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Melissa S,

Thank you for the fantastic review of the resort and of Beki. She was very excited to see your review and I know she was happy to help “save the day” when the rental company dropped the ball. Thank you again for your review and we hope to see you again the next time you are in Newport.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

My husband, son and I stayed here last weekend and were very happy with our experience. Everyone at the front desk was very friendly and helpful and even greeted my son with a beach bucket filled with beach toys (we didn't bring ours since we traveled from the east coast so this was great). Our room, like almost all of the rooms it seems, directly faced the ocean. It was wonderful to just sit out there and watch the waves. The hotel also had a crib (pack and play) that we could use which was very helpful. I would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Breakfast is not included but there is an affordable restaurant on site with very large (too large...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Carrieland,

Thank you for the great review. I am happy to hear that your family enjoyed the view, the restaurant and the beach toys. Again my thanks for the review and we hope to see you again the next time your travel coast-to-coast.

Victoria, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

Good hotel. All rooms have a nice view. Always a good stay. Pool is good. Food is good at Georgie's. Salt water taffy in the lobby! Sometimes there's a wedding going on and the place can be quite busy but its not too in-your-face. Good stay.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
RicRabourn, General Manager at Hallmark Resort, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Mike T,

Thank you for reviewing your stay with us. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay and your visits to Georgie’s. We hope that we will see you again on your next trip to Newport.

Tualatin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

We normally stay in a "Limited Edition" top end room, but this being in season and looking to save money (like more than 50% less) we opted for the "Partial View Queen" room, deciding to take our chances.

Turns out it was great. We lost: panoramic view of ocean, king-size bed, fireplace (in June), kitchenette (which we never use) and spa. What we didn't lose -- room is same quality furnishings -- a great shower head, roomy sink, comfy bed, strong wifi, good TV (with access to connect my computer), large desk with good chair. Its got a patio area and we could see the ocean, and by stepping out see the lighthouse in the distance. Even the same scented soaps. And as a bonus -- neighboring room only on one side (above) so the room was very quiet. Close walk to parking (yet can't hear cars). Unfortunate long walk to Georgies, though.

So if you don't need that great view and can get by with a smaller room, ask for the Partial View and save. (I probably shouldn't say this because it probably won't be available next time we want it!)

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
almyt,

Thank you for the extensive review of your “partial view” room. I’m sure the other readers on TripAdvisor will greatly appreciate the information. Thank you for your frequent stays and reviews. We will be looking forward to your next visit.

Ric Rabourn
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newport
Elizabeth Street Inn
Looking Glass Inn
Looking Glass Inn
#1 of 36 in Lincoln City
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,238 reviews

Been to Hallmark Resort? Share your experiences!