“Love this restaurant :)”
Review of Bridgeview Kum Yon

Bridgeview Kum Yon
Ranked #53 of 115 Restaurants in Newport
Reviewed 3 July 2012

I live in a town with lousy chinese restaurants, and coming from California (several years ago) I was used to a wide variety and quality. In my town it is frequently fried, and the other dishes are only so so - in california never heard of Mar Far Chicken LOL. Anyway, we have visited Newport yearly and stop here, love the hot and sour soup, even bought some to take home. Really like the variety in the special, has two tempura shrimp and two pot stickers along with the special. Casual, family atmosphere and probably not upscale chinese but everyday chinese that is so much better than restaurants where I live, and just different than what is offered. Depending on what you are used to, it may be just an average Chinese restaurant but we enjoy it:)

Reviewed 17 June 2012

Have been eating here for 13 years. Their barbecued pork is the best. We usally get mongolian beef and Curry shrimp with extra shrimp and take it home. For some reason it seems to taste better at home.

Reviewed 29 May 2012

The food here is good, and the service is great. The decor is a little dated. I love their bento box, but some of the other things I have had aren't my favorite.

Reviewed 23 April 2012

We had not been back to Newport for 12 years. Went back to our favorite restaurant and it was still very good. It was like a step back in time. Restaurant looked the same and they still have some of the best fresh food as when we loved it. Their house salad dressing you want to spoon up and drink , it's that good.

Reviewed 13 December 2009

we go to this restaurant at least once a week. The lunch menu is great value my personal favorite is lemon chicken. You get plenty on your plate it is served hot and the staff are very attentive. They have the best hot and sour soup also. This is my absolute favorite restaurant