“Best Fish in the Coos Bay area”

Captain's Choice Family Fish House
Ranked #3 of 55 Restaurants in North Bend
Cuisines: Seafood
North Bend, Oregon
“Best Fish in the Coos Bay area”
Reviewed 12 February 2014

This is a great, informal family restraunt about 4 blocks from HWY 101 in downtown North Bend. Great service ,friendly people and great food. We have never left here hungry. The chowder is better then anything on the coast and I have tried most from Seattle to San Francisco. Homemade with a cream base -this is worth the visit by itself .Top notch !

Visited February 2014

Florence, Oregon
“Not for sea food lovers”
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Mediocre quality. We were brought in by a local radio that stressed the bargain aspect and that might be the greatest draw. Could be a step above fast food or good stop for family with little children. Clean but sterile chain coffee shop atmosphere. Actually has an interesting but not great view of Coos Bay in the distance.

• Visited May 2013
Houston, Texas
“Fantastic !”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

This is the place to go for really good seafood. I brought a friend for his birthday and he ordered the bowl of clam chowder. He loved it so much that I gave him gift certificates for his birthday so he could enjoy many more through out the year. My sister loves the crab melt sandwiches and I believe their fish tacos are the best I have ever had. The servers are always friendly. I highly recommend this place.

• Visited August 2013
Reedsport, Oregon, United States
“Are We Invisible?”
Reviewed 27 September 2013

We showed up about 20 minutes until 8PM. (Patrons seat themselves at Captain's Choice.) A server brought menus and we ordered water, which was delivered, then we waited. A man working there said hello, then proceeded to put table settings on empty tables. He may not have been serving, we don't know. We waited until 7:58 PM and I asked my husband if we should just go.
We drove home to Reedsport and had a meal at Ocean Garden Chinese/American Restaurant.
I am not sure what happened tonight.

• Visited September 2013
Coos Bay, Oregon
“Yummy!”
Reviewed 7 September 2013

If you want great seafood...go here! The atmosphere is average but the food is great. The service is great too!

Visited June 2013