“Pleasant Surprise”

and 1 more site!
The Mill Casino Hotel
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in North Bend
Reviewed 20 August 2011

We came upon the casino/hotel by accident but were so happy we did. We stopped to play at the casino for a while and were very impressed at first site. It was clean and had a nice little bar, restaurant and some nice perks. We decided to stay for the night and the hotel was clean and the staff was very helpful and friendly. We also signed up for the players club card and ended up getting our rooms "perked". Pretty nice! We spent some money there but we also won some money so it didn't hurt the pocket book to badly. We will go back again for sure!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 8 August 2011

We stopped in reedsport but the cost if a hotel was going to be the same as the casino so we came to north bend to the Mill. We were greeted with wonderful friendly clerks and they gave us $30 off the regular rate just for signing up for the millionaires club card. The pool was open until midnight and the jacuzzi outside was wonderful! They had a cafe open 24 hours which had a great latte and sweets available. Really worth it! Beautiful decor too. We'll be back!

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed 12 July 2011

I recently got married at this location and was very disappointed in a lot of things but mainly the lack of professionalism. While my wedding party and myself got ready we went for a bite to eat. The food in the restaurant was not that great and it took forever to get our food. This made it impossible to stay on schedule especially because we could not order room service and had to eat in the restaurant. The room was great and the ceromony was beautiful (we decorated) but the security officers where harrasing several of our guests all night long. At one point they yelled at my 8 year old cousin accusing him of having beer in his cup full of apple juice. WOW!! I would never go back nor will many of my guests. The wait staff was pleasant and the food was ok. All of the staff that I spoke with out side of security including the local police department agreed that they where unprofessional and rude. At one point they asked my guests to leave and had security stand in the room until everything was taken down and loaded in our cars.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Rebecca2427
mrs.traylor, Public Relations Manager at The Mill Casino Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2011

Rebecca we are very sorry to hear that you had even a trace of a bad experience on your wedding day. While we are happy to hear that the room and ceremony met or exceeded your standards (and we agree your ceremony was just beautiful), we are reviewing the role of our security guards. They have a difficult job, but we apologize for any rudeness you and your guest felt.

Reviewed 2 July 2011

Return visit to this great Casino Hotel for a bit of luxury. Even if you don't gamble, enrol for a players card to get discounted rooms. The rooms are luxurious specially if you go for a bay view. Facilities are great with restaurants overlooking the bay. I highly recommend this establishment

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank ManicUSAVisitor
Reviewed 21 June 2011

Hotel rooms were nice, clean, comfortable. Food very good. Friendly folks working there. Definitely better than I expected. The downsides were as I read in other reviews...smoky casino, doors were very loud in the hallways when closing. The mini bar was empty so I could use it as a fridge (preferable for me anyway). The layout of bathroom counter in an "L" shape made it seem very roomy.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank redshoegirl
Reviewed 27 March 2011

I was very disappointed in the way we were treated at the Mill Casino. My parents, my daughter and I planned to have dinner while driving through the area as well as gamble (while one of us stayed with my daughter to play in the arcade). Since it was pouring rain, my mom dropped my dad, myself and my daughter off at the front door. We were waiting for her at the door (inside but not in the casino) where we were rudely greeted by a tall female security guard. She asked what she could do for us. My dad responded that we were waiting for his wife. She said this was a bar and what could she help us with. We again stated that we were waiting and then planning on dinner. She told us that dinner was on the other side and we'd need to go outside w/ a minor child. When I asked where the arcade area was, she smirked and said it was on the opposite side of the area and again, we'd need to go outside. VERY rude, VERY obnoxious and I have NEVER felt this way about a wannabe cop and a casino before. We left and spent a very enjoyable day at 7 Feathers in Canyonville.

Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank FamilyTime33
Reviewed 10 February 2011

After searching through the reviews for Coos Bay and North Bend, OR area hotels, I was a little worried about finding a hotel that wasn't old, musty and smoked-out. I had driven by The Mill Casino Hotel in North Bend on my way into Coos Bay and was going to go back to gamble once I found a place to stay in town. Little did I know, I just passed the best spot in town!

After pulling over and reading reviews, checking the online booking sites, etc, I realized that The Mill Casino might just be my "best bet"! I called and spoke to Kathy in Reservations. She was very friendly and got me a great room, on the water, at a reasonable price for a business traveler. The front desk staff was quick (important to me) and very friendly as well.

When I got to my room, it was outstanding! It's designed after a lodge, complete with the elk, canoe, and fish bedspreads to log furniture and rustice lamps. Everything is in new condition and the room smelled the way a high-end room should smell. By the way, my room was on the lowest price tier of their rooms. The bathroom was immaculate and the toiletries provided were top drawer - even the coffee maker was spotless!

The workout room was state-of-the-art with stair stepper, treadmill, bike and weight machine. The equipment was new and very clean as well. I didn't eat on property during my stay, but I did gamble in the casino (I don't want to talk about it!) Talk about an all-in-one property. These folks have it figured out!

If you are looking for a very quiet, affordable, newer, exceedingly clean place to stay in Coos Bay area, I could not recommend this place higher or more enthusiastically. I stay in hotels 125-135 nights per year (for over 25 years now) and this is one of the best I've ever stayed in. I hope my business prospect in Coos Bay works out, as I am already looking forward to my second stay at this fantastic location.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
Edgewater Inn
Edgewater Inn
#3 of 7 in Coos Bay
Best Western Inn at Face Rock

Been to The Mill Casino Hotel? Share your experiences!