“Wonderful Service - beginning to end”

The Mill Casino Hotel
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in North Bend
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Took my retired parents to see the coast of Oregon. The Mill Casino was our first lay over. We stayed in the tower (4th floor) in a handicap accessible room (roll in shower) with an adjoining room. I had phoned ahead and spoke with staff to insure the rooms functionality for my father's needs and that their room would offer some kind of view. The manager signed off and guaranteed our rooms for us. We could not have been more pleased when we saw the rooms and location. My folks had a wonderful view of Coo's Bay and the roll in shower had a simple flange on the floor that kept the water from running out all over the bathroom. I can tell you 90% of other hotels do not have this feature and we are always concerned about my father slipping post shower. The staff and manager were wonderful to us. We were so relaxed the next morning we took our time and stayed until check out relaxing. It is not easy traveling with a disabled parent but The Mill Casino exceeded our expectations and we all thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 17 November 2013

My wife and I used the Mill as a weekend getaway. The four hour drive was worth it, considering activities offered by the southern oregon coast. On this particular trip, we went to the coos bay art museum. We also enjoy the interactive and boisterous nature of the craps table. After checking into our room and the art show, we found our way to the craps table. This evening, the dice were our friends. We were chided by the pit boss for our boisterous behavior. Throughout the evening we each had 4 or 5 beers. Others at the table were as boisterous as us, since the dice were still our friends. The vindictive, and controlling behavior of one employee ruined our evening. We left at 1 am, and drove home. We won't be back. We'll find other cribbage tournaments. We'll find other chilli cook offs. We'll find other blues music festivals. Driving home, we passed 3 other casinos, each with hotels, activities, and craps tables. We will be supporting these other three, but will never use any of the facilities the Mill.

Room Tip: Choose another place.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Gail J
Eileen T, Guest Relations Manager at The Mill Casino Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2013

Oh no! We do not want to lose you as a customer. The fact that you have been here multiple times and enjoyed those visits means a lot to us.

Our Table Games Operations Manager – Ken (Chip) Causey would like to get in touch with you. We want our customers to have a great time, each and every time they come to stay with us. We know you have other Casino options and we want you to choose The Mill Casino. If you would E-mail Chip at kcausey@themillcasino.com or call him at 541-404-0295 he would be more than happy to speak with you.

Reviewed 12 November 2013

We stayed here for 6 nights for a hunting trip. The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. The hotel rooms were nice and up to date. The bed was comfortable and the shower had good pressure. The maid service did a great job cleaning and resupplying daily with new coffee and shampoo. The hotel has several restaurants. We ate at the sports bar one night and had a good meal. We did not use the casino so I cannot speak on that. I did walk through and it looked like all of the modern slot machines you see in Vegas. I would stay here again when in Coos Bay

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 November 2013 via mobile

Great place to stay . Stayed in the bay facing on the third floor . Nice room with great pillows and bedding . Shower head too low . Otherwise great stay . Customer service was excellent .Very quiet where I was at but my colleagues had noisy rooms . Was here for business . If your staying in town this is a great choice. Casino very smoky and not my thing .

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 October 2013

As far as casino hotels go - this is average. The room I had 363 had stains on the left arm of the easy chair, hadn't been cleaned in some time, Dusting on flat surfaces was adequate; however on the rungs of chair, top of cabinets, horizontal surfaces on the lower part of the desk in particular was growing dust bunnies.

As a hold of their club card, I enjoy visiting but wish there was more attention to cleaning details.

Sorry I watch Hotel Impossible so much.

Room Tip: Since casino hotels are not designed to keep you in a room cuz that keeps you out of the casino I su...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LDH97471
Eileen T, Public Relations Manager at The Mill Casino Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2013

While we were not able to find stains on the chair in room 363, we have brought this review to the attention of housekeeping. We appreciate any opportunity we have to be able to improve our hotel experience for everyone.

Reviewed 26 October 2013

Timber architecture with many Native American design elements makes it perfect for this Oregon coast location. Not on the ocean but sitting right on the placid bay where you can walk along a nice wide concrete embankment. It's certainly the nicest place to stay in the area. The rooms are northwest rustic, log headboards, native blankets with crisp clean sheets. Slightly dated but the excellent service makes up for that. Very friendly helpful staff everywhere. I'm not a gambler so I can't speak to the casino but the food at the Plank restaurant was very good as was service. I'll be back.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 17 October 2013

My husband and I stayed at THE MILL on October 10th of this year and had a fantastic time! We only had one night to stay on my husband's birthday celebration week of travel in Oregon. First off we were met by Dallas (a hotel employee) that could not have been more polite and considerate. He upgraded our room to a beautiful top floor room with a cathedral ceiling and a view of the water. Then he had a bottle of champagne delivered to our room for my husband! How wonderful. The room was large, clean and very nice. The TV was large and modern. The casino itself was not crowded, and did not have that horrible smoke smell. After a little gambling in the night and the following morning we actually ended up leaving with a little more that we came with!!!! The dinner we had was a pound of steamed crab, potatoes, corn, sausage and a hot round loaf of sourdough bread...(enough for two of us) .all for $19.99!!!! Also the hotel itself was very pretty. Nicely adorned with authentic artwork. All in all we had a lovely stay and would not hesitate to return!

Room Tip: Try to stay on the top floor for the beautiful high ceilings!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Edgewater Inn
Edgewater Inn
#3 of 7 in Coos Bay
Best Western Inn at Face Rock

Been to The Mill Casino Hotel? Share your experiences!