“We love this place!”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in North Bend
Oakland, Oregon
“We love this place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

We have spent a couple of weekends here lately and are very pleased with our stay. The housekeeping department is excellent (our room was clean, the workers have great personalities and were always helpful when we asked questions). The buffet was excellent and our breakfast was delicious. The "Slot Gods" were very good to us. We have a casino host (Randy) that is awesome! I can't say anything bad about The Mill at all. We will be back very soon.

Room Tip: The tower suites are to die for.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Lisa M
Suzann_Anaya, Director of Hotel Operations at The Mill Casino Hotel, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Dear Lisa,

We love visits from you and Jim! Whenever we see your names on our arrivals list, we are all happy. You’ve been favorite guests of ours for many years. Your kindness to everyone at the front desk and housekeeping is much appreciated.

I hope we will see you again very soon!

Director of Hotel Operations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (342)
Eureka
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

The one thing my family & I would like to see some changes would to be able to get to the main restaurants without going out in the elements to get to them. Possibly get an escort through the casino &/or erect a covered walkway from the hotel to the restaurants outside. We travel a lot with grandkids & it would be so much more convenient for your customers if this could be done. Thanks

Dear Japkl41,

The title of your review contains some amazing compliments, so first let me say Thank You for giving your feedback about our food, rooms and staff. I’m delighted that you enjoyed all of it.

Creating a more family friendly walkway between the hotel and restaurants has been a topic of discussion. We are obligated to keep children under the age of 21 off of the casino floor because we serve alcohol on the gaming floor. This can cause an inconvenience to our guests, especially during inclement weather. I appreciate your concern, and I’ll make sure that your comments are seen and heard.

Most Sincerely,

Salem, Oregon, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

Mill Casino rooms were very nice, clean and comfortable with views of the water. The hotel is right on the water and you can walk along a beautiful dock on Coos Bay right from the lobby. Nice pool for kids (my 4 year old couldn't get enough of it!) and a GREAT breakfast buffet too (just certain days though for the buffet). Staff was very helpful and friendly and the property is centrally located so you can easily get to all the fun things to do in the area from the hotel. I can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: I didn't go to the spa but rated the pool as EXCELLENT as my 4 year old just loved it and couldn...
Dear Momto3plus1,

I’m glad that you and your family enjoyed your visit to Coos Bay and to our property! The pool is a great place to unwind and a lot of fun to splash in for the little ones. Please stay with us again when your family is in need of a little rest and relaxation.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

Penny machines were so tight, didn't get to play much. Other than that we had a great time and enjoyed ourselves. It was a nice overnight get-a-way. We really enjoyed eating great food in the corner lounge. The bar tenders were cheerful and we got great service.

Dear Tomandpaulas,

Thanks for letting us know how much you enjoyed our lounges and hotel. I’m delighted to know that you will be returning. Maybe you’ll have some better luck on those penny machines during your next visit! I hope you come again very soon!

Sacramento
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

Great pool and spas. Plankhouse offers good food and friendly servers. Helen at the players club is very knowledgable and helpful. The bellhop are great - Sean at the hotel desk is just super what a positive addition to your staff. One thing though - the coffee - not good and those paper cups make the morning coffee experience very sad. There is never enough coffee for two people.

Dear Fraeulein,

Thank you for writing this review of our property. I agree both Helen and Sean are top-notch! I’m glad you enjoyed their warm and friendly services and our pool and hot tubs too.

I am sorry you do not like our coffee. We chose an organic, medium blend coffee made in the Pacific NW, to please the widest variety of tastes; unfortunately, it doesn’t sound like it was an enjoyable brew for you. A few years ago we changed to a bio-degradable paper cup in response to our guest’s requests to have a portable option. Anytime you visit us, let the front desk know that you prefer a ceramic mug, and we will make sure to put a couple of mugs in your room…no one should have a sad coffee experience!

I hope you’ll be our guest again in the near future, and don’t forget, ask for a ceramic mug!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

I was staying at the Mill during a work conference and truly appreciated that the hotel was totally separated from the casino. I don't drink or gamble, just don't really enjoy either activity, and I didn't have to go through a smokey, alcohol infused, casino floor to get to my room, outside, etc. That was wonderful! The staff was also very helpful, they had great attitudes and were always there to give me a hand with luggage and the like. All in all, a great place to stay, loved the big bed!!

Dear Co-operations,

I’m glad you were able to try us out during your conference. Since you are not a gambler, you may not have discovered us otherwise! This hotel is ideal for gamers, but it is also ideal for travelers who do not wish to see a casino during their visit. I’m glad that we can accommodate both requests.

Now that you’ve come for business, come back for pleasure and see what a good time you can have when you come to Coos Bay for vacation.

Warm regards,

Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

The staff was wonderful. Service oriented, polite, engaging and knowledgeable. The room was very clean and well appointed. The bed was quite comfortable. We will be returning to the area again and will stay at The Mill Casino Hotel

Room Tip: We stayed in the "tower" and had a nice view from the 6th floor. It was quiet.

Smillermac,

Thank you for commenting on your recent visit to our property. I’m thrilled that our service exceeded your expectations. Whenever you return to the Coos Bay area for a visit, I hope you’ll choose to stay with us.

Also consider these accommodations in or near North Bend
#3 of 7 in Coos Bay
Plainview Motel & RV Park
Super 8 Coos Bay/North Bend
Best Western Inn at Face Rock

Been to The Mill Casino Hotel? Share your experiences!