“Good value, good staff, worth a repeat visit.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bluewolf Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Oakridge
Bluewolf Motel
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Oakridge
reno
“Good value, good staff, worth a repeat visit.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2012

I usually stay at the Cascade next door but it was filled. The manager at the Bluewolf was great and made sure we had everything we needed. Very clean room of an older vintage that has been renovated. Nice to support the local business. The owner was mowing the lawn and seemed to take pride in his place. This was a motorcycle trip so it was nice to park at your front door. Nice place outside to grill and enjoy the area. Cafe across the street has good eats. Never got to try out WiFi so can't comment on that. No phones in the room and my cell was turned off, but the manager was still cheerful when they had to take and relay an emergency call from my home in the early am. We like staying at mom and pop motels. Just like we like to eat at places that are not chain restaurants. Great local information. Outstanding value, clean and neat, what more could one ask for? Will visit there again.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Ramona, California, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2012

For our 3 week trip, I booked the cheaper hotels/motels for the nights we were just passing through and staying one night. My main criteria was that the room be clean and a good night's sleep. We were going to be one night in Oakridge and the Bluewolf had good ratings on Tripadvisor, so I reserved a room. When we arrived at 4 pm, the woman at the front desk said, "I just gave your room to someone else". (Check in was 3 and she had given away our room at 4. Why ??). I was looking around the very dirty office area and thinking that if the room we ended up with was as dirty as this that we would have to find another place for the night. By the way, the woman was barefoot as she showed us to our prospective room. I go barefoot myself quite often but considered it unprofessional in this instance. Our room turned out to be very clean (except for a few dusty corners and baseboards). The room looked as though furnished with thrift store rejected furniture which is ok with us as long as the place is clean and the bed is comfortable. Well...the bed was comfortable, however the pillows were not. They were like sleeping on flat pancakes (that will teach me to bring my own pillow). The walls were paper thin and we could hear the conversation in the next room, so since my husband and I both snore I'm sure they could hear us too and they probably didn't get a good night's sleep because of it. The plastic mini blinds were old and warped and in the bathroom there were big spaces between the slats so it didn't feel very private. In the bed area the front window had glass block on either side, with the mini blinds on the center window. No drapes. So at night the light (outdoor lighting?) came through the glass block. And if you wanted to sleep in, the morning light came through brightly. (I am one of those people who need complete darkness in order to sleep well although my husband is not as particular). The bathroom door stuck, so every time you opened or closed it, it made a great deal of noise. I did not sleep well and my husband had a fair night's sleep. The shower stall was very small and the shower head way too low for an average size man. My advice to the managers at the Bluewolf: Get new pillows that have more loft, put new window coverings up that offer privacy and that cover the glass block, take a wood plane to the sticking bathroom door and somehow raise the height of the showerhead. I don't think they can do anything about the thin walls. Plus, they really need to declutter and give their office a good cleaning. The Bluewolf was very inexpensive and therefore you get what you pay for. But I think that if they follow my fairly inexpensive suggestions they could have a nicer place with more restful sleep for weary travelers.

Room Tip: Our room was fairly close to the highway. Day traffic: there was a fair amount of noise from big tru...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Susan L
, General Manager at Bluewolf Motel, responded to this review, 4 July 2012
In response to: "You Get What You Pay For"

Here at the Bluewolf we value your input and try to implement changes as quickly as we receive any suggestions, this is to insure our guests have a pleasant stay at an affordable price. Having just returned from my honeymoon the day before your arrival...I will admit our front office was in a bit of disarray. This combined with being in the midst of renovating the room right next door (we have since done renovations to each room) we should have hung a "Pardon Our Dust" sign to let you know we were making big changes here at the Bluewolf. We have been is the process of putting new furniture in each room and your room (#3) was one of the last we have been able to get to. These changes take time and in order to keep the cost down for our guests, we have been making changes daily to meet our own clean and comfortable standerds. As far as your room being given to someone else, each of our single rooms are similar in style, so when a guest makes a reservation we assign them a room on our reservation sheet with the option to place them in another room of equal or greater value at the same price.
I am so glad you found your room to be very clean and the bed comfortable. We pride ourselves in making sure that each room is clean and comfortable. I know that pillows are a personal preference that vary with each guest. We make sure that each guest is told that if they need anything please let us know. That is why we keep extra pillows on hand for those that need a little more head support to insure they have a pleasant nights sleep.
We were also aware of the incoming light problem and just last week fitted each room with stylish "Blackout" drapes to makes sure that each guest has the option to sleep in total darkness or with a bit of ambient light. Now our showers have been refitted to a comfortable height with the last two rooms being finished within the next month or so, but like pillows, each guest has different needs so we are trying to accommodate everyone to the best of our ability. Our motel has been here for the last 62 years and since being under new ownership for the last few years, many changes have been made. Just this last year we have added a full covered outdoor kitchen area with a BBQ, refrigerator, tiled countertops, a sink with hot and cold running water, bar area, stereo system, several electrical outlets for computer access to our high end WiFi set up (a one mile line of sight wireless connection) and enough seating for several families to enjoy an afternoon or evening of private dining.
Here at the Bluewolf we are continually making changes while keeping the cost to you (our valued guests) down. We want to hear from each and every one of our guests and we thank you for you input. We hope when you come back through you stay once again and let us show you we listen to your suggestions. Also, don't forget to ask for as many extra pillows as needed to make your stay as comfortable as possible.

Candis (Bluewolf Manager)
Palatine, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2010

Was in oakridge to visit family. Had my sister go over and actually test the bed in the room we would be in. Manager is wonderful. The hotel has been rehabbed with new beds, paint,tiling. Clean, good beds and well managed. Quiet despite being by the main road. Basic and excellent value. Has outside patio and grill to use. I was glad there was an alternative to the other corporate motel nearby. True, there is no hairdryer or shampoos, so bring your own. I now have good accomodation to stay at when visiting for lengthier time. Could easily stay here for days as Oakride is gateway to Williamette National Forest and River. Across the street is great diner,Manning's, with all american cooking and friendly staff, excellent food and price. Nearby in town is microbrewery Brewer's Union Local 180. Great cheese soup and beers.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
seattle
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2010

What a treasure! The rooms are truly clean and well maintained. There is lots of hot water, good cotton sheets and towels, wifi, cheerful surroundings, a good quality bed, and a very gracious host. What more could you ask for from a small motel on an old highway? I am also so happy we can do business with a local owner rather than some big corporation! It's a treat.

Pat and Mike from Seattle

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank watershadow
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2010

We stayed here while passing from the coast to Highway 97. The value for the room was great. The room was unbelievably quiet despite being right off the highway . There were a couple of dogs barking in the next room and the manager was very apologetic to us and immediately got hold of the dogs' owners who had gone for dinner. Certainly no fault of the motel owner. The WiFi worked perfectly which is always an concern for me. I was a bit surprised that there was no shampoo or a blow dryer,however, for the price we paid, I really didn't care. If you really need these ammenities, think about bringing them yourself. I would have no hesitation about staying here again.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2010

Pleasant and helpful owner. Convenient location.
Good value.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled solo
West Linn, OR
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2010

I have to say that I loved the Blue Wolf Motel. I think I have stayed at every motel in Oakridge, and this is now by far my favorite. I do like the Best Western as well if I want the pool... but there's something about Blue Wolf.

One thing great about Blue Wolf is the larger rooms. I love the retro feel (glass block original to the 1940 building) - as well as newly updated bathrooms with beautiful slate showers. I disagree with the previous review about Cascade being better... I don't think I'd ever stayed in a room as small as the one I had at Cascade, and the walls were paper thin. I couldn't sleep because of the tv in the next room - and there wasn't much room to just get up and walk around (literally!) When I first walked into the Blue Wolf, I expected the same, but instead was pleasantly suprised.

Candace was very welcoming and helpful to us, the rooms were big, updated and clean, the location looks out to the beautiful mountains. For us, there's no reason to go anywhere else and be disappointed.

Great Job Blue Wolf... we appreciate all you've done to make your motel what it is.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oakridge
BEST WESTERN Oakridge Inn
Shelter Cove Resort & Marina
Shelter Cove Resort & Marina
#1 of 3 in Crescent Lake

Been to Bluewolf Motel? Share your experiences!