“great value, clean, good beds,nice manager”
Review of Bluewolf Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Oakridge
Bluewolf Motel
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Oakridge
Reviewed 25 September 2010

Was in oakridge to visit family. Had my sister go over and actually test the bed in the room we would be in. Manager is wonderful. The hotel has been rehabbed with new beds, paint,tiling. Clean, good beds and well managed. Quiet despite being by the main road. Basic and excellent value. Has outside patio and grill to use. I was glad there was an alternative to the other corporate motel nearby. True, there is no hairdryer or shampoos, so bring your own. I now have good accomodation to stay at when visiting for lengthier time. Could easily stay here for days as Oakride is gateway to Williamette National Forest and River. Across the street is great diner,Manning's, with all american cooking and friendly staff, excellent food and price. Nearby in town is microbrewery Brewer's Union Local 180. Great cheese soup and beers.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 31 August 2010

What a treasure! The rooms are truly clean and well maintained. There is lots of hot water, good cotton sheets and towels, wifi, cheerful surroundings, a good quality bed, and a very gracious host. What more could you ask for from a small motel on an old highway? I am also so happy we can do business with a local owner rather than some big corporation! It's a treat.

Pat and Mike from Seattle

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank watershadow
Reviewed 18 August 2010

We stayed here while passing from the coast to Highway 97. The value for the room was great. The room was unbelievably quiet despite being right off the highway . There were a couple of dogs barking in the next room and the manager was very apologetic to us and immediately got hold of the dogs' owners who had gone for dinner. Certainly no fault of the motel owner. The WiFi worked perfectly which is always an concern for me. I was a bit surprised that there was no shampoo or a blow dryer,however, for the price we paid, I really didn't care. If you really need these ammenities, think about bringing them yourself. I would have no hesitation about staying here again.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 July 2010

Pleasant and helpful owner. Convenient location.
Good value.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 January 2010

I have to say that I loved the Blue Wolf Motel. I think I have stayed at every motel in Oakridge, and this is now by far my favorite. I do like the Best Western as well if I want the pool... but there's something about Blue Wolf.

One thing great about Blue Wolf is the larger rooms. I love the retro feel (glass block original to the 1940 building) - as well as newly updated bathrooms with beautiful slate showers. I disagree with the previous review about Cascade being better... I don't think I'd ever stayed in a room as small as the one I had at Cascade, and the walls were paper thin. I couldn't sleep because of the tv in the next room - and there wasn't much room to just get up and walk around (literally!) When I first walked into the Blue Wolf, I expected the same, but instead was pleasantly suprised.

Candace was very welcoming and helpful to us, the rooms were big, updated and clean, the location looks out to the beautiful mountains. For us, there's no reason to go anywhere else and be disappointed.

Great Job Blue Wolf... we appreciate all you've done to make your motel what it is.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 December 2009

We visited Blue Wolf Motel back in June, but I didn't take time to write a review - too busy, I guess.
We stayed there because it was the least expensive in the area, and found it to be clean, comfortable and relatively quiet. The Manager, Candace, was welcoming, helpful, and she made an effort to provide anything we needed. She suggested good places to eat and showed us good places to vist and go hiking, even taking the time to pull out her maps to indicate the locations and best routes to go there. We enjoyed sitting out on the grassy area and we even had a cook-out one evening, using the BBQ they provided. The surrounding natural areas were beautiful, so close to the Willamette river. I'd recommend Blue Wolf motel to anyone.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 November 2009

My experience didn't match these rave reviews. Maybe it is because I requested a pet-friendly room. Kandy was friendly and warm. However, my room was less inviting; it reeked of Lysol and the furnishings were very worn & torn. There was even a bullet hole in the glass. I have stayed at Oakrdige Motel, and the Best Western; so I stayed next door at the Cascade on my next visit to Oakridge and for a few dollars LESS it was immaculately clean, had Wi Fi, and nice furnishings. My advice -- go to Cascade. TO me it's the best bet in town.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank NewportMania

Been to Bluewolf Motel? Share your experiences!