“Great stay.”

Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Ontario
Spring Valley, California
“Great stay.”
Reviewed 8 May 2012

Recently spent two nights here. The room was very comfortable, and the staff, especially Joshua were very helpful.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
hiexpress212, Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this review, 9 May 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to review us! We are so happy you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Dorris
Reviewed 2 May 2012

This was our 3rd trip to Ontario; our 1st staying at the Clarion Inn. We'd been searching for just the right accomodations when Jamie from the Country Kitchen Restaurant referred us to Janine at the Clarion. Melissa from housekeeping kindly showed us one of their king rooms. I spoke later with GM Jason, who extended us every possible courtesy and found us the very best rates their facility could offer. Upon arrival, all was in order. Every staff member was exceptionally friendly and helpful. Our room was immaculate and kept that way consistently during our 3-night stay by April in housekeeping. It was far above our expectations. This will be our only place to stay on upcoming visits. Thank you Jason for all you did for us and your staff, as well. Be seeing you again soon and most looking forward to it....Vic and Sandy Kitts

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
hiexpress212, Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this review, 8 May 2012
Thank you so much- it was our pleasure to have you as our guest and we look forward to seeing you again!
Payette, Idaho
Reviewed 15 November 2011

As always, I travel often and i like to drop the name "trip advisior" just to see if the staff really gives a crap about their guests, Well this hotel does! They completly went out of they're way to make sure i had everything i needed and even helped me in getting documintations signed and faxed on a house i was buying! Very clean and helpful!!!!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank nashvillejonny
hiexpress212, Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this review, 29 March 2012
We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay! We hope to see you again soon! We sure hope to see you again and hope that you have gotten settled into your new home!
Lincoln City, Oregon
Reviewed 12 November 2011

We stayed at this Clarion for two nights. I was in the area to do one day's work in Parma, idaho, about 18 miles away. When we got up on the day I was to work, our car had a busted water pump, so there was no way I could drive to Parma. I asked Bob, the clerk at the motel registration desk, to call a cab for me. Bob hesitated. He said the local cabs were unreliable and that a ride to Parma would be extremely expensive. So he volunteered to take me over there himself. Which he did do. That's probably the best service I ever got from any hotel or motel staff member in over 25 years of virtually constant travel. And the hotel itself is extremely nice, too. It' appears to be very new, is clean and comfortable. It is dog friendly and charges one small pet fee, even if you have two pets and no matter how long you are going to stay. The restaurant isn't anything to write home about, but there's nothing really wrong with it and at least the motel does have a restaurant.

Room Tip: I don't think it makes much difference where you are in this motel. There is no noisy bar. The...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank djess55555
Castle Rock, Colorado
Reviewed 26 October 2011

Nice entrance, helpful staff, rooms are small, wall paper torn, patched and full of holes. Showers have lots of old caulking, remodel yet to be done. New looking carpet, beds were comfortable, parking close to room. Not a 3 star as advertised. Lots of 18 wheelers parked in area behind hotel that run all night. Very noisy if a light sleeper. lParking noise reminds you of a Motel 6. When pulling in registration area, almost side swiped and run over by an employee raceing into front of hotel.

Room Tip: Check out room location in relationship to truck parking area in back of hotel. You can feel the vi...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Coquille, Oregon
Reviewed 16 October 2011

I traveled clear across country, stopping in Boston and DC, with lots of motel stays along the way. This was my last stop before making it back home to Oregon. I totally loved this place. They were very pet and people friendly. The room felt clean and comfy. I'd rate this one as the best of all the places I stayed during 3+ weeks on the road.

Room Tip: I reserved a pet friendly room early afternoon. I was given one where I could just step outside the...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
Ann Arbor, MI
Reviewed 6 October 2011

Of the many motels my wife and I stayed at during our two weeks on the road out west, this Clarion Inn stands out. The desk clerk cheerfully accepted our discount coupon--that in itself was a welcome change. There was a freshness about the room, the linens and all, that was a welcome change as well. There was an ethernet connection in the room that hooked right into my laptop, giving me great, instant internet access. A plug-in internet connection that works and works well? Wonderful.

The hotel grounds map given to us had a map of the city on the flip side, a nice touch, particularly since we needed to find a laundromat. The clerk gave us accurate directions of where to find one. This hotel didn't have some of the amenities we got at other hotels, a free continental breakfast for one, but after a week of biscuits and gravy and often stale pastries, we were ready for a real breakfast. That worked out well too since I really enjoyed my German sausage and cheese omelet at the Ox-Bow restaurant in Bliss, Idaho. But that's another story.

I see other travelers have not rated this hotel as highly. If they had stayed in some of the lesser quality inns we did this trip, I think they would agree that the Clarion is superior. We liked the town too.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple