“Fabulous authentic mexican food”
Review of Tacos Mi Ranchito

Tacos Mi Ranchito
Ranked #6 of 61 Restaurants in Ontario
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 31 May 2014

I went to Tacos Mi Ranchito on the recommendation of a few Hispanic locals in Ontario. Boy am I glad they steered me to this place! As soon as I walked in the aroma's reminded me of Mexico. I ordered a chicken burrito and it was fabulous!! It was piled high with chicken, rice, beans, quacamole, sour cream, lettuce, fabulous salsa, chile verde....and it was huge. I thought "I'll take half home"....but ended up eating the whole thing. It was not greasy and the taste was amazing. I am sitting here wanting another right now! Can't wait to try the fish tacos! They have a dining area that is pretty rudimentary, so if you want "ambiance", you wont get it here. But if you want fantastic food - this is your best choice for miles around!!

2  Thank Debra N

Reviewed 30 May 2014

This is surely one of the best Mexican restaurants in Ontario, and there are many of them. I have eaten here many times over the last few years, and the food is always fresh and reasonably priced. They prepare your open faced tacos, burritos, tortas or salads the way you want as you go past a short counter with protective glass. TMR offers beef, pork, chicken, shrimp and fish meat options and toppings include cheese, lettuce, salsa and other condiments. The lunch lines are often long, but that's because the food is so good plus it's a good value. The clientele is Latino as well as non-Latinos. It used to be a very tiny place, but business was so good, about 3 years ago they expanded their dining room by more than 1000 square feet. The brothers that own the restaurant are very particular about keeping the place neat, clean and tidy, and that is a plus in any food establishment.

2  Thank beachfanjan
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I've eaten at mostly every Mexican place in town, including a few of the taco buses. This is probably the best of them all. Decently priced, and good food. I would suggest the burritos probably. The only problem is the line can sometimes take a little while to get through, but not too big of a deal.

1  Thank Fauxden
Reviewed 9 February 2014

I visited this restaurant the first time about three weeks ago, although I have lived in the area all of my life. When I went in and saw that you ordered at the counter, I admit I was a bit nervous. While I checked out the menu, all of the staff patiently waited while I tried to decide. I finally ordered a pork chimichanga and a shrimp taco and watched while they made it. I was not disappointed, the food was simply amazing. I had to take half of my chimichanga home it was so large.

My boyfriend came to see me after a trip and I immediately took him back. I have to admit I ordered the same thing. Same delicious result. My boyfriend, who grew up in several different Spanish countries because of his father's job, loved it as well.

Last week I took my brother. He ordered tongue tacos and he loved it.

Each time I ate there, I noticed several Hispanics eating there. If the locals eat the food, you know it has to be good. The food was not greasy, like the food "down the street" is. The staff was quiet but friendly, each time.I went.

The only tips I have are that the red salsa is a bit hot, but the Verde is warm. The pico de gallo is fresh and a bit warm. Just try small amounts to decide which one appeals to your taste.

I am meeting with friends at another Mexican restaurant this week, but I sure wish we were going back here instead. :)

2  Thank Castleexplorer83661
Reviewed 1 February 2014 via mobile

This casual Mexican restaurant nested along the wide main street of Ontario, OR is worth stopping in for a fast and fresh Mexican food. The chicken (white meat) enchiladas verde was smothered in queso and topped with guacamole and had generous sides of refried beans and very fresh salsa. The chicken bowl was similarly fresh if you want something lighter. The atmosphere is simple with 2 TVs set in a large dining room, and another one in the area where you order from the counter. Service is thoughtful and quick and the bathroom was clean.

1  Thank activechica