“Good Place to spend the night” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Motel 6 Ontario OR

Motel 6 Ontario OR
Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Ontario
Shelby, North Carolina
“Good Place to spend the night”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2013

This was the last stop on a cross country trip to Salem Oregon. We were tired when we stopped and was surprised by the quality of this Motel 6. Motel 6's are like the lottery, you make you reservation and take your chances. This one will be marked as an OK stop my atlas. There were resturants and gas station nearby. Staff was friendly enough and room was quiet enough. Left the next morning well rested.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Mike M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Poulsbo, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2013

We stayed at several Motel 6's during a recent trip to New Mexico. This one was the best of the bunch. I've been a Motel 6 fan, for road trips, for many years. They usually offer great value for your money, when all you really need is a clean room, with a bed and hot shower, while on the road. If you need better pillows or towels, it's easy enough to bring your own and for my budget, something worth doing to save 30.00 to 100.00 over the fancier Motels.

The Ontario, CA, Motel 6 is one of the older styles, which I prefer, with your own motel door. These are so much easier to load and unload into, than the newer Motel 6's that are more like a hotel. I also like the idea that I can take a chair and sit outside these kinds of rooms for awhile in the evening...something you can't do in the hotel styled ones. This particular property, is large and although older, is very well maintained and very clean. It also has a sizeable pool. The lady who checked us in, on the night of July 9th, was very friendly and super quick and efficient.

It made me very happy to have this great experience at a Motel 6, after a few bad ones we had on this trip.

Albany, Oregon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2013

My family stayed here recently, we had three in one room and four in the other. Rooms and the property seemed adequately clean. Had some difficulty getting the front desk to honor the internet price I had reserved, but they eventually did. This is not a classy place, but it seems reasonable for the price you pay.

Eugene
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2013

I was traveling with a group from our Car Club. The shower in our room had black mold. The carpets needed to be cleaned. The towels are small for a bath towel and thin. The room was small, and the pillows are not good. The place is worn out and needs a BIG remodel. The swimming pool is NOT heated. The courtyard is just OK. I will say that the people who checked us in were very nice. When I went to check out in the morning and told the girl at the front desk about the "mold" in the shower. Her answer to be being "Oh OK." I would NOT ever stay here again and the rest of the group agreed.

Room Tip: Look or something else
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Ontario hotels

Cincinnati, Ohio
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2013

I'll be generous and rate this a 2 out of 5. But barely. The place is tired, worn-out, hand prints all around the doors, not clean, slowly falling apart. One of the beds was right up against the wall unit a/c. The "courtyard" is pathetic--grass worn down to dirt. We were had the added pleasure of being right next to the maids' office and got a wake up call out of that early in the AM.

If you are desperate, stay here. It's hard to imagine how there could be 2 lower-rated hotels in Ontario. Avoid this one. Motel 6 is living in the past and needs to get serious and up their game--even for $40/night rooms.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Ontario OR, responded to this review, 22 July 2013
Dear Photolandscape - We sincerely apologize for the cleanliness and maintenance issues you encountered, as well as the disturbances you experienced, during your recent stay. These conditions are not consistent with our standards for quality at Motel 6. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us; please consider contacting our guest relations department to report your experience so we may serve you better in the future: 1-800-557-3435.
Tacoma, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2013

It was an o.k. stay for one night but I wouldn't want to spend alot of time there, the rooms are average Motel 6 quality and there were a few restaurants within walking distance which is always a plus.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Kennewick, Washington, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2013

I have been staying at motel 6 in Ontario, Oregon when we go to visit family and I cant stay with them when I have my dogs with me.
The employees are always nice and friendly. The managers were really nice and friendly. our room was clean and it was easy nice place to walk the dogs.
I will be back and always stay as long as the motel don't go down hill and is unclean.
thanks for the great stay.

Room Tip: don't get a room near the stairs or u could get woke up at 3am after the bars close. especially...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family