“Expanded breakfast buffet”
Review of DJ's Family Restaurant - CLOSED

DJ's Family Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Description: UNDER NEW OWNERSHIP!! Dj's Family Restaurant in Ontario, Oregon is the perfect place to stop for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. We offer a casual, family-style atmosphere with American menu options including Biscuits and Gravy and a great kids menus. This restaurant is locally owned and operated by TQ Properties and has a great community feel. Room service is offered as a convenience to our guests at the Rodeway Inn. Walk-ins are welcome, perfect for groups, great for families, take-out available and ask about our catering options.
Reviewed 25 September 2013 via mobile

The breakfast buffet is awesome. Hash browns are from red potatoes, food is great, a fair selection of foods to choose from. I'd rather eat here than Arby's next door at the pilot.

Reviewed 30 August 2013

Labor day weekend driving threw and not familiar with the area I stopped here to grab a bite it was 5:30 or so. Rebecca was my waitress she is great ! Very helpfull with menu, and very up beat! She made me feel like I was a regular. I was watching her as she was helping other tables and she again and again treated everyone like friend or family ,,,,keep up the great work and hope to come back when I am driving home.....loving the vibe!!

Reviewed 26 July 2013

I stopped in Ontario for fuel and decided to get a bite to eat. Becky is far from wait staff material she can't keep order straight I didn't get my soup until my main meal was coming out. She was overwhelmed but only had 3 tables. She also was sweating down her face while leaning over customers to place plates. Their was another waitress in the diner also, she was much friendlier to her customers and really seemed on top of things. She was a young pretty girl her name started with a "T" not sure of the rest. I observed Becky remove tips from this other waitress tables and never saw her give any of it to the waitress.
I really was embarrassed for my server at her behavior and poor service she provided.

1  Thank I84-Trucker
Reviewed 1 July 2013

One of the disadvantages of living in a rural area is the lack of interesting places to dine out. For the past 20 years, Ontario Oregon has--with a few short-lived exceptions--been a relatively boring town in which to dine if you were not in the mood for Mexican food. (There are at least three excellent Mexican restaurants in town.)

This past Saturday we were returning from operating a booth at the Weiser Farmers Market in sweltering heat, way too hot and tired to go home and cook. We decided to stop at one of our favorite restaurants to hit the salad bar. On our way, my wife spotted a relatively crude sign announcing an Indian food buffet at DJs--a restaurant that we had tried before, then classified as a truck stop type place to thereafter be driven by on our way to get something to eat. The idea of an Indian food buffet was totally in-congruent with our image of DJs. We drove about five more blocks before making the decision to turn around and try it in the spirit of adventure.

It was nearly 3:00 PM on a very, very hot day. The only other person besides us in the dining area was a very welcoming, cheerful waitress. We spotted the buffet, but were advised that the buffet hours were 11:00 AM to 2 PM, and that it had already closed. Seeing our disappointment, she offered to let us sample all that was there cooling. Seeing that there was more than enough remaining for two excessive meals, we talked her into allowing us to re-open the buffet--assuring her that the cooling temperatures were perfect for us on such a hot day.

Although most Indian restaurants would have had a wider variety than what remained, we found all of our favorites still there. The food couldn't have been better--seasoned perfectly, and not too spicy for a hot summer day. It was so good that we did what we always do at good Indian food buffets--eat way too much. It was good that our work day was coming to a close.

Several other people came in while we were dining. They eyed us suspiciously as we made return trips to that delightful buffet, but no-one else said whatever magic words we had found to open it for themselves.

The waitress shared with us that they plan to add other types of food, including Italian, Although it will be nice to have that choice, if that Indian food buffet is open, that will always be my choice.

Speaking of that, if you visit the "new and improved" DJs Restaurant, please ask them to keep the buffet open until at least 3:00 PM. There will be many days that we will not be able to make it until after 2:00 PM.

Reviewed 28 June 2013

We stopped at DJ's for dinner on a Sunday, based on reviews on various websites... it looked like we would be getting good, basic food. We should have known something was amiss when the restaurant was virtually empty at 6:30 PM. The server was clueless, but polite, offering that she had been there since 7AM, she had a difficult time keeping details of our order straight (although we were her only customers). Our group of four ordered two of the Fish and Chips, and a couple of other items. The other items/sides were mediocre at best, but the Fish and Chips were awful. We reported this to the server, who initially came back after a discussion with a manager (who never showed up to apologize for bad food) offering to discount the uneaten fish meals by $3 each. After we expressed our displeasure with this the fish was eventually removed from our check. A very unpleasant experience in a very poorly managed eatery.

1  Thank Wendell B