“The waitress made this stop worthwhile!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #36 of 59 Restaurants in Ontario
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Fort McMurray, Canada
“The waitress made this stop worthwhile!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

The food is what you would expect from Denny’s. I wasn’t gourmet but wasn’t bad either. The waitress though was quirky and fun. She made it worth the stop and I can see here doing we’ll.
I had a steak and it was everything I expected.

• Visited July 2014

Forest Grove, Oregon
“Great breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

Great food at a very cheap price, waitress was new on the job and did excellent! There was one offering for only $3, pancakes.

Visited July 2014
Yuma, Arizona
“On Our Way Home”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

7-15-14
Got in late after a long drive from Tensed, ID. Checked in to our Motel (Americas Best Value Inn) and did not want to look around for a place to eat. Dennys was right next door, short walk. Found the place to be very clean and the people were friendly. The food was also good. If you showed your motel room key you got 10% off.

Cap & Virginia

• Visited July 2014
Central Utah
“Typical Denny’s, except for our excellent server, Teresa”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

On our way home from the Oregon coast, and after spending the night at a nearby motel, my wife and I stopped in for breakfast at this Denny’s on Monday, June 16, 2014.
The entrances to the building are on the north and west, right next to the northwest corner, so don’t be fooled by the parking to the south. The parking area north of the building would be the place you’ll want to park.
We were there at about 8 a.m., so the restaurant, at least the section where we sat, was busy with people fueling up for the day ahead.
The layout is different from other Denny’s restaurants we have visited, but the menu is the same, as we expected. The Denny’s choices were a major part of the reason we ate at Denny’s instead of having the free breakfast offered by our motel.
My wife had the Build Your Own slam and I had the All American slam. Those were as good as we’ve had at any Denny’s restaurant, so we were satisfied with our choices.
The one thing that really set this experience apart from other Denny’s restaurants, though, was our server, Teresa. After we were ushered to our table, I watched the activity on the floor. During our time there, Teresa adroitly managed eight tables or so of customers ranging from couples up to five or six individuals of various ages. She seemed to do all that without missing a step. Her handling of all those customers, moving back and forth from one table to the next, back and forth to the kitchen to place and pick up orders, and bussing tables after they were vacated to prepare for the next customers was so smooth that it almost appeared to be rehearsed. But, as we all know, each instant in a server’s routine is anything but routine, except that most customers’ requests might be similar.
During the entire time we were there, one other waitress entered the section and took care of one booth, once. She might have been otherwise working another section, and just taking the edge off of Teresa’s load, but I don’t know.
For a few months, I had two Trip Advisor badges to give to persons who showed excellence in service. I still had both of the badges when we started our vacation in June. I knew that I didn’t have to give those badges to anybody on our trip and I could have continued to carry them until I found somebody who deserved them. I had already given one badge to a fellow at Gracie’s Sea Hag restaurant in Depoe Bay while we were there a few days earlier in our trip. Upon seeing how Teresa handled her customers, though, I knew that I must give the other badge to her. She was efficient, but seemed to put her heart into every action on the floor with concern for each customer. I think she epitomized her role as waitress. When Teresa came to ask if we needed anything more while my wife and I were finishing our breakfast, I took a moment to tell her that we appreciated how she was doing. I handed her the Trip Advisor badge and explained the reason I was giving it to her.
I usually just leave a tip on the table at such places or write it on the check as I check out with a credit card, but, as we were leaving, I interrupted Teresa bussing another table to hand her the tip and tell her again how much we enjoyed her service.
When you eat at this Denny’s (notice that I didn’t say if), say Hi to Teresa, and then enjoy typical, decent Denny’s fare along with great service if you are lucky enough to sit in her section.

• Visited June 2014
longview
“Can't believe I'm saying this.. But I loved this Denny's”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

This Denny's was clean. The staff was very friendly. The food was good. The prices were cheap. They had a clean, nice bar! They also had slot machines! The bartender was very friendly. Overall it was a great Denny's.

• Visited May 2014