“Not for me”

Clackamas River House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Oregon City
Clackamas River House
Ranked #1 of 3 Oregon City B&B and Inns
Walnut Creek, California
“Not for me”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

The room is very clean however the bed was hard to the point of being painful. The hosts were not welcoming. They showed me my room, no other space such as the garden. The room air conditioner doesn't work well- on constantly and loud! It was hot! The house is on a busy street. I left after one night. The hosts offered me a different room. It just was not the right fit.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Lellen925

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
tiburon
Reviewed 8 January 2014

Mid winter, so not much action on the River. Across the street from a few restaurants.
Easy hi way access.
Down side !! The heater is also the air conditioner, just like the kind you hang out a window. Runs all day and night in winter. Temps were in the 30-40 at night.
Staff are very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: go for the king suite. 50% bigger and a place to sit beside on the edge of the bed.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank edwardTiburon
Cozumel, Quintana Roo, Mexico
Reviewed 24 June 2013

This property is absolutely adorable. The owners Marc & Beverly have converted this home into a wonderful B & B. I chose the Oregon room since it had a private bath with Jacuzzi tub and shower which was over the top clean and looked sparking new. The room is tastefully furnished with antiques, bed super comfortable and although I'm not a breakfast person I really enjoyed the homemade muffins, fresh fruit and yogurt parfait along with lots of choices for hot tea. I'm sorry I have to leave and move on but hopefully on my way back through I can stop and stay another night or two....oh and hopefully you can enjoy the wonderful restful back yard...the grounds are beautiful...

Room Tip: the Oregon room has a private bath (first floor) which I chose but the Log Cabin room is adorable w...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Corinne A
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 June 2013

During our trip across the USA we had picked 4 B&Bs to stay so that we could met the locals. Clackamas is a beautiful property, and the room was spotless, with a spacious en-suite bathroom...and yet we did not feel at ease there - Bev and Mark were welcoming, but we felt a little like intruders into their house - our room did not have a TV, or coffee/tea making facilities, yet (unlike the other B&Bs we visited) we were not asked to make use of the kitchen or the lounge (which had a TV). Breakfast was very nice, but again, we were not offered a second cup of coffee. I don't think we would go back again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Thornton, Colorado
Reviewed 15 August 2012

We took a nice road trip recently and were looking for places to stay in/around the Portland, OR area. We had not booked anything in advance because we weren't sure what day we would get there. Luckily we called Marc & Beverly 30 minutes before arriving and they had a room available. I always feel bad doing last minute calls to B&B's because it's their house but we were graciously accepted.
The front yard overlooks the river and the room we were in (Oregon room) was spacious, clean and cozy. Beverly makes delicious breakfasts (homemade zucchini muffins were a hit even with my husband) and the backyard is so beautiful, you feel like you're at a spa.
Marc also recommended the restaurant up the street for their Smoked Salmon Chowder and it was delicious!
We would stay again.

Comfort Suites Clackamas
Comfort Suites Clackamas
#5 of 8 in Clackamas
Monarch Hotel and Conference Center

Been to Clackamas River House? Share your experiences!