“Disappointing”
Review of eNRG Kayaking

eNRG Kayaking
Ranked #1 of 4 Tours in Oregon City
More attraction details
Owner description: eNRG kayaking is the premiere kayak rental and instruction facility in the Northwest. We have an incredible river front store on the Willamette and offer flatwater rentals, guided tours, as well as whitewater kayaking lessons and whitewater rafting trips at nearby rivers.
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Bought the 'Willamette Falls' trip for 2 from amazon local and I'm glad I didn't pay full price ($120), because you don't actually get to the falls. You get about 1/4 mile away then have to turn back, though not through any fault of eNRG. Apparently, there's a grandfathered in law that prevents ANY boats, including kayaks, from approaching the falls any closer (one of eNRG's guides said they're trying to change the law, called 'boat deadlines,' so kayakers are allowed). That was a big let down, and I think should be stated clearly in eNRG's info, as I was looking forward to getting up close to the falls and feeling the power and spray. Without going to the falls the tour was disappointing. It's just a short paddle up the river then back. The guides did share interesting history of the area, but there was no wildlife (unlike our last kayaking on Cape Mears that was full of wildlife) to speak of except for the two-legged variety. Also, the kayaks were very pedestrian (though good for beginners) and the hard, plastic seat and back made my back sore. Recommend bringing a cushion if you have a bony butt like I do.

1  Thank taragem72

Reviewed 9 August 2014

This was our first experience with this company. We had such a wonderful time kayaking with our informative guide Sherry. She did an outstanding job educating us on kayaking and some history as well. We did the Willamette Falls Tour. It was an easy run and Sherry is really patient with all levels of kayakers. She also let us know that they have special discount nights for the ladies and for families which we will definitely be taking advantage of.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

Four of us enjoyed a kayak tour led by Cheri on August 8th. She was helpful, informative, and reassuring. We'd definitely recommend this activity! Four senior Salemites

Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

Today my 12 year old son and I went on our first ever kayaking trip. It was the 90 minute willamette falls tour we got the Groupon and it was amazing. We had Danny and Archie as our guides and they did a great job making us feel welcome and safe. I was nervous about getting in and out of the kayak as I'm a larger person. But they talked me through it and I didn't "take an impromptu swim" the Willamette is beautiful and this will definitely not be our last time in a kayak or with eNRG. Thank you guys!!!

1  Thank monicalovesmark
Reviewed 20 September 2013

This tour is a great way to see the Willamette Falls in Oregon City from a perspective that can only be seen from the water! eNRG Kayaking provides a great experience for every level of guest skill. The kayaks provided are easy to use and the gear and instruction are tops.
Osprey sightings and Sea Lion activity only added to the experience.
I'd recommend this tour to anyone with a sense of adventure. All skill levels and age groups will enjoy themselves.

1  Thank Kip99k2