“Woody's Redland Cafe”

Redland Cafe
Ranked #34 of 115 Restaurants in Oregon City
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed 9 June 2014

If you like little "greasy spoons" out in the middle of nowhere this is the place. The staff are friendly and everything is pretty laid back. The food is tasty and they have weekly specials depending on the day of the week. They have both a restaurant area and a bar area. Portions are a decent size and the price is right.

If you find yourself in the area this is a good place to stop and eat. Breakfast, lunch, dinner... its all good. Some menu items are better than others but you really won't go wrong in ordering.

They also do "to go" orders but strangely they charge you 25 cents for the to go container. They've done this for YEARS and its never made much sense to me. A waitress serving me at the table costs far more so why charge extra for a to go container? Ahh, life in the country... where sometimes things just don't make much sense. ;-)

Speaking of to go orders... be sure to double check your order. Like any other business of its type they sometimes get "slammed" during some hours and get the order wrong or miss something. It happens rarely but it does happen. Any time it has happened to me they have ALWAYS fixed the problem and sometimes even thrown in a slice of pie free as a "good will" gesture.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

A client took us to lunch here and recommended the burgers. He was spot on. I had the mushroom burger and it was quite tasty, Just the right amount of messiness. My boss had the basic burger and was also impressed. I didn't get the fries, but our client got them and said they were good.

It is a bit out of the way, but if you happen to be nearby I'd say that it is worth a stop. The service was prompt and friendly. It's just a country diner, so don't expect much in the way atmosphere. The prices seem quite reasonable for what you got.

Reviewed 28 December 2013 via mobile

I have eaten here several times since I moved to the area. The food is pretty good - especially breakfast. The cleanliness of the place is questionable, but the staff is always so friendly. The last time we went, we ate breakfast in the bar, so we could catch the Seahawks game. The cleanliness (or lack there of) in the bar was blatantly clear. The counter was gross, the bartender used a nasty rag to give the counter a quick wipe down while we sat there. As we waited for our food, she ate a variety of snacks from under the counter, including cupcakes, getting frosting all over her face and fingers. She licked each of her fingers clean before grabbing our plates and handing them to us. I was so gagged out. I love homey, local joints, but top notch hygiene is a must! 5 stars for service, 4 for the food, but their staff have got to some training in proper hygiene at a food establishment (1 star for not keeping it clean!) I haven't been able to stomach a return trip yet, but I probably will at some point.

1  Thank CRYSTALWMTB
Reviewed 1 August 2013

At first, the breakfasts might seem a little on the "high side," but they are definitely worth it. A few of us had the two-egg breakfasts, and we added a pancake for an extra $1. At most restaurants, an extra pancake is not very large. At the Redland Cafe, they are huge - and taste wonderful! They will also make whatever you want - very flexible with the combinations. Our aunt and uncle introduced us to this place, and we understand why they eat there a few times per week.

Reviewed 15 July 2013 via mobile

The burgers we had here were amazing and the prices were reasonable. Some of the portions are very large as evidenced by some food we saw people getting...so consider yourself warned. We will be back for the burgers and will try other stuff as well.

1  Thank Daniel D