“The wanderes”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Oregon City
Hagerstown, United States
“The wanderes”
Reviewed 13 August 2013

We are continuing our trek around the US and the rests at Best Western are really helping the trip go well. This is one beautiful country we live in. Go see it and rely on Best Western! We will be staying at more Best Westerns as we go.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Cody H, General Manager at Best Western Plus Rivershore Hotel, responded to this review, 14 August 2013
Dear Lawarence C,

Thank you for allowing us to be a part of your amazing journey and thank you for your review as well. I am so pleased that you enjoyed everything about your stay with us; and also, that you’ve found consistent comfort within the Best Western brand. I will be sure to pass along your wonderful comments to the staff. I hope that your future adventures bring you back to the Oregon City area as we’d be thrilled to have another opportunity to serve you. I wish you safe and happy travels and look forward to seeing you again soon!

Thanks again,

Cody

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
  • Arabic first
Bakersfield, United States
Reviewed 12 August 2013

I would not stay at this hotel again. I didn't sleep because the bed was unbearably hard and there was a musty odor in the room which required us to leave to window open as often as possible. We stayed two nights and slept very little.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Ruben C,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your most recent visit to the Rivershore and thank you for staying with us. I’m very happy that you were pleased with the location of our hotel and with the quality service that you received. Though all of our guestrooms are furnished with premium quality beds, I can certainly understand how preferences vary and I’m extremely sorry that you found our beds to be so uncomfortable. You should expect to have a restful nights’ sleep when staying at a hotel; and I’m sorry that we let you down in that regard. I’m also sorry that you experienced an unpleasant odor in your room. That is unacceptable on our part and I will correct that immediately. Furthermore, I am grateful to you for bringing these issues to my attention and I hope that you’d be willing to give us another chance in the future. Please consider us the next time you travel to the Oregon City area; we’d be delighted to have another opportunity to serve you and see if we can build upon your impression of us.

Respectfully,

hendersonville, NC
Reviewed 9 August 2013 via mobile

We stopped there early afternoon, spur-of- moment & stayed in a riverview room. (We were looking for a place close to the airport without being right in Portland.The location was perfect because it was outside of town but only took us 15 min. to get to airport). The staff was very efficient and helpful in getting a room ready and guiding us to local attractions. The hotel is older, but the room was very nice and modern. We enjoyed being on the river and strolled the park and watched boaters during the evening. We appreciated the breakfast coupon and the food was freshly prepared. My only complaint was that the room had a slight musty odor and AC was a little loud (typical of most "in-room" units).

Stayed August 2013
Cody H, General Manager at Best Western Plus Rivershore Hotel, responded to this review, 12 August 2013
Dear mtnguy,

Thank you for being our guest and thank you for taking the time to provide us with some feedback regarding your stay. I’m very pleased that you enjoyed the location, the staff helpfulness and the room. We take these comments quite seriously and use them as a barometer to ensure that we are doing everything that we can to make each guest feel warm and welcome. So again, thank you for your review. I am sorry that you experienced an unpleasant odor and that the AC was a little loud. I’ll have both of those items corrected immediately. I hope that you’ll consider visiting us in the future if your travels lead you back to the Oregon City area. It would be our pleasure to serve you again!

Grove City, Ohio
Reviewed 4 August 2013

It smelled, it was dirty, hotel staff was distracted, the meal was hardly a meal when it is served in a bar/ lounge that poor accommodations. Would never stay here again. As a BW Priority Member, I have stayed at dozens of BW. This deserves my money back.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Cody H, General Manager at Best Western Plus Rivershore Hotel, responded to this review, 9 August 2013
Dear Steve W,

I’m very sorry that your stay was so unpleasant. We strive to do our best to make every guest comfortable and happy and I’m sorry that we failed you. I will certainly address each of these issues interdepartmentally and make every effort to correct them immediately. The deficiencies that you experienced here at The Rivershore are not the norm for us; and I hope that you will consider giving us another opportunity to service your travel needs in the future. If you choose to do so, please don’t hesitate to contact me directly as I’d be delighted to serve you. I’m confident that if we were allowed another chance, you’d experience a much different and improved outcome.

Respectfully,

Irvine, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 July 2013

Room was clean, bit dated but functional.
Like other reviews, the riverside location was good and had a stroll along after dinner.
Had outdoor pool and small indoor Jacuzzi. Towels were supplied at pool.
Hotel had Clothes washing/drying facilities, which were useful as we were on a road trip. Requires tokens from front desk for use of machines.
Restaurant attached to hotel was independent from it and was alright, not the best not the worst. Good selection of local wines and beers. Was busy for Breakfast, as hotel issue you with a voucher towards Breakfast.
Had a shopping area across road with a couple of restaurant

Room Tip: ask for a river view
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank AyrshireMark
Cody H, General Manager at Best Western Plus Rivershore Hotel, responded to this review, 31 July 2013
Dear AyrshireMark,

Thank you for staying with us and for your feedback. I’m very happy that you had a pleasant stay while being our guest. Thank you also for your compliments about the location, the river and the guest laundry facilities. I’m sorry that your restaurant experience wasn’t better but, I’m glad that you enjoyed the wide beer and wine selection. I hope that you will return to The Rivershore the next time you find yourself in the Oregon City area; we’d be delighted to have another opportunity to serve you!

Thanks again,

Snohomish, United States
Reviewed 29 July 2013

It was a nice place to stay with the river right across the street! It was nice to have an outdoor walk available. The linens were nice and new. The air conditioner worked well. I don't like comforters and there was an architectural issue with the door to the room opening and blocking the entrance to the room. The cubby hole where the luggage rack is supposed to fit was too small. We had a nice stay though.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family

Dear Sue F,

Thank you for your review and for being our guest. I’m pleased that you enjoyed your stay but, I wish we would have exceeded your expectations and I’m sorry that we were not able to make you more comfortable. Thank you also for complimenting us on our location, the nice linens and the air conditioner. I do hope that you will give us another chance to accommodate your travel needs in the future and we look forward to serving you upon your return!

Reviewed 26 July 2013 via mobile

Stayed while visiting relatives. Super location, nice room, very spacious, friendly staff. Building older and dated but was nice. Do not eat in their resturant if possible, very nice wait staff but poor food., not sure who runs the resturant but it is not a plus for the hotel. Would have been a five but the resturant was a deduction

Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Cody H, General Manager at Best Western Plus Rivershore Hotel, responded to this review, 29 July 2013
Dear jdanner46,

Thank you for staying with us and thank you also, for your pleasant comments about the location, the nice rooms and the friendly staff. I will certainly pass it along and they will be thrilled to know that you mentioned them. Unfortunately, we were not able to meet your expectations in the restaurant and for that, I am very sorry. I intend to address this issue immediately and I hope that this experience will not deter you from allowing us another opportunity to serve you in the future. We’d be delighted to you have you as our guest again and I hope to see you soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Oregon City
Lakeshore Inn
Lakeshore Inn
#2 of 7 in Lake Oswego
Courtyard Portland Southeast/Clackamas

Been to Best Western Plus Rivershore Hotel? Share your experiences!