“Very nice accomidations, reasonable price, convienient amenitys”

Best Western Plus Rivershore Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Oregon City
Reviewed 21 August 2013

We stumbled upon this place while taking a road trip on our Harley Davidson. We usually don't stay in these types of hotels (we prefer type where you park right near your room) but with rain and darkness upon us we succumbed and stayed out of desperation. We were quite surprised at the reasonable price and all of the "bonus" nice things included-very nice soaps/shampoos/lotions/coupon for breakfast...(real breakfast) not little "lobby" snack. This place has a really nice restaurant/lounge attached to Hotel. PLUS ...exercise room, swimming pool, hot tub , room service from the excellent restaurant... PLUS if you just don't want "fancy" there's a McDonalds and a Shari's within walking distance! Balcony with view of the river, and easy on/off freeway access. Beds comfortable, rooms clean, we enjoyed our stay so much we stayed again on our return trip home!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Cody H, General Manager at Best Western Plus Rivershore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2013

Dear Billie Jo M,

Thank you so much for the wonderful feedback and for choosing to stay with us ……. twice! It is such a pleasure to hear so many amazing compliments in so many different areas of the hotel; especially in regard to the value, upgraded amenities and quality & comfort of the sleeping rooms. I am so glad that your visit was such a pleasant one; and I am really excited to share all of your comments with the staff members! We absolutely cannot wait for your return and another chance to take care of you!

Reviewed 19 August 2013

The hotel staff was great...from the moment I arrived until I departed the staff was helpful with room selection, luggage assistance and dining recommendations. It was a Wonderful place to stay and I will return on my next trip to Portland.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

Dear Elizabeth K,

Thank you very much for your kind review and for being our guest; I am delighted that your stay was so enjoyable. The staff, here at the Rivershore, is highly committed to ensuring that each guest is comfortable and satisfied; and they will be ecstatic to know that you recognized and appreciated them for their efforts. We do indeed look forward to your speedy return and another opportunity to serve you!

Reviewed 13 August 2013

We are continuing our trek around the US and the rests at Best Western are really helping the trip go well. This is one beautiful country we live in. Go see it and rely on Best Western! We will be staying at more Best Westerns as we go.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Cody H, General Manager at Best Western Plus Rivershore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2013

Dear Lawarence C,

Thank you for allowing us to be a part of your amazing journey and thank you for your review as well. I am so pleased that you enjoyed everything about your stay with us; and also, that you’ve found consistent comfort within the Best Western brand. I will be sure to pass along your wonderful comments to the staff. I hope that your future adventures bring you back to the Oregon City area as we’d be thrilled to have another opportunity to serve you. I wish you safe and happy travels and look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 12 August 2013

I would not stay at this hotel again. I didn't sleep because the bed was unbearably hard and there was a musty odor in the room which required us to leave to window open as often as possible. We stayed two nights and slept very little.

Dear Ruben C,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your most recent visit to the Rivershore and thank you for staying with us. I’m very happy that you were pleased with the location of our hotel and with the quality service that you received. Though all of our guestrooms are furnished with premium quality beds, I can certainly understand how preferences vary and I’m extremely sorry that you found our beds to be so uncomfortable. You should expect to have a restful nights’ sleep when staying at a hotel; and I’m sorry that we let you down in that regard. I’m also sorry that you experienced an unpleasant odor in your room. That is unacceptable on our part and I will correct that immediately. Furthermore, I am grateful to you for bringing these issues to my attention and I hope that you’d be willing to give us another chance in the future. Please consider us the next time you travel to the Oregon City area; we’d be delighted to have another opportunity to serve you and see if we can build upon your impression of us.

Respectfully,

Reviewed 9 August 2013

We stopped there early afternoon, spur-of- moment & stayed in a riverview room. (We were looking for a place close to the airport without being right in Portland.The location was perfect because it was outside of town but only took us 15 min. to get to airport). The staff was very efficient and helpful in getting a room ready and guiding us to local attractions. The hotel is older, but the room was very nice and modern. We enjoyed being on the river and strolled the park and watched boaters during the evening. We appreciated the breakfast coupon and the food was freshly prepared. My only complaint was that the room had a slight musty odor and AC was a little loud (typical of most "in-room" units).

Stayed: August 2013
Cody H, General Manager at Best Western Plus Rivershore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2013

Dear mtnguy,

Thank you for being our guest and thank you for taking the time to provide us with some feedback regarding your stay. I’m very pleased that you enjoyed the location, the staff helpfulness and the room. We take these comments quite seriously and use them as a barometer to ensure that we are doing everything that we can to make each guest feel warm and welcome. So again, thank you for your review. I am sorry that you experienced an unpleasant odor and that the AC was a little loud. I’ll have both of those items corrected immediately. I hope that you’ll consider visiting us in the future if your travels lead you back to the Oregon City area. It would be our pleasure to serve you again!

Best regards,

Reviewed 4 August 2013

It smelled, it was dirty, hotel staff was distracted, the meal was hardly a meal when it is served in a bar/ lounge that poor accommodations. Would never stay here again. As a BW Priority Member, I have stayed at dozens of BW. This deserves my money back.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Cody H, General Manager at Best Western Plus Rivershore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2013

Dear Steve W,

I’m very sorry that your stay was so unpleasant. We strive to do our best to make every guest comfortable and happy and I’m sorry that we failed you. I will certainly address each of these issues interdepartmentally and make every effort to correct them immediately. The deficiencies that you experienced here at The Rivershore are not the norm for us; and I hope that you will consider giving us another opportunity to service your travel needs in the future. If you choose to do so, please don’t hesitate to contact me directly as I’d be delighted to serve you. I’m confident that if we were allowed another chance, you’d experience a much different and improved outcome.

Respectfully,

Reviewed 30 July 2013

Room was clean, bit dated but functional.
Like other reviews, the riverside location was good and had a stroll along after dinner.
Had outdoor pool and small indoor Jacuzzi. Towels were supplied at pool.
Hotel had Clothes washing/drying facilities, which were useful as we were on a road trip. Requires tokens from front desk for use of machines.
Restaurant attached to hotel was independent from it and was alright, not the best not the worst. Good selection of local wines and beers. Was busy for Breakfast, as hotel issue you with a voucher towards Breakfast.
Had a shopping area across road with a couple of restaurant

Room Tip: ask for a river view
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank AyrshireMark
Cody H, General Manager at Best Western Plus Rivershore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2013

Dear AyrshireMark,

Thank you for staying with us and for your feedback. I’m very happy that you had a pleasant stay while being our guest. Thank you also for your compliments about the location, the river and the guest laundry facilities. I’m sorry that your restaurant experience wasn’t better but, I’m glad that you enjoyed the wide beer and wine selection. I hope that you will return to The Rivershore the next time you find yourself in the Oregon City area; we’d be delighted to have another opportunity to serve you!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Oregon City
Lakeshore Inn
Lakeshore Inn
#2 of 7 in Lake Oswego
Courtyard Portland Southeast/Clackamas

Been to Best Western Plus Rivershore Hotel? Share your experiences!