“Call before booking”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Oregon City
A TripAdvisor Member
“Call before booking”
Reviewed 21 December 2013

The hotel has been recently updated and the rooms are very nice. However, when we arrived the hot tub was out of order, very disappointing after a long trip with two grandsons who had been promised a dip for behaving...

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Cody H, General Manager at Best Western Plus Rivershore Hotel, responded to this review, 31 December 2013
Dear Recent Guest,

Thank you for staying with us, and thank you also for your pleasant comments about the updates and the nice rooms. I am sorry however, that the hot tub was out of order upon your arrival. We are currently in the process of upgrading our hot tub and the front desk should have informed you of this when you made your reservation. Again, I’m very sorry for the inconvenience; I know how frustrating that can be. I do hope that you’ll try us again when our spa updates are completed. Please allow us another opportunity to serve you again in the future; I’m certain that you’ll not be disappointed.

Cody

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
  • Arabic first
Newport OR
Reviewed 20 December 2013

We have stayed here many times before but this time it was especially uncomfortable both in the halls, elevators and the Restaurant! My breakfast was cold before I could finish it. Asked the waitress if the heat could be turned on and she was unable to do so due lack of knowledge.

We found windows open in the halls which seemed strange considering the cold weather outside. All in all....an uncomfortable experience.

Hotel staff we have met have all been pleasant. Rooms neat and clean with great view of the Willamette River.

Room Tip: Room located closer to the front desk area are less effected by the freeway noise crossing the bridg...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank oldsaltqsk
Dear oldsaltqsk,

Thank you for being a return guest and thank you also for your nice comments about the staff friendliness, the clean rooms and the great views. However, I am sorry that your breakfast was cold and that the hallways were also cold and uncomfortable. Those windows in the hallways are able to be opened and closed by anyone at anytime. I have witnessed this myself; hallway windows open in the middle of winter. I usually close them when I find them that way. Unfortunately, people seem to open them up here and there throughout the day. Nevertheless, I completely understand and agree with you that this needs attention. I will be in touch with our corporate headquarters to inquire about solutions. I hope that this experience does not deter you from staying with us again and I further hope that you'll give us another opportunity to service your travel needs in the future.

Respectfully,

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 19 December 2013

I stayed here twice. I sent in a review as a best western rewards member. No change to the service. The staff is more interested in telling you the "rules" and having you initial your responsibilities than helping you find disabled parking or the restaurant, etc. I told them as much and the answer was "all hotels are different". Yes they are, some have bad service and some don't. This is all bad service. Stay elsewhere.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Dear Recent Guest,

I’m so very sorry for your negative experience. I will not waste your time by making excuses; we clearly did not adhere to the standards that we are typically known for and strive to achieve. I only hope that you’ll allow me an opportunity to correct this issue. I’m confident that we can get better and hopefully you will give us one more chance. If I can be helpful in any way, please feel free to contact me directly at 503-655-7141.

Respectfully,

Chehalis, United States
Reviewed 14 December 2013

View in the morning was nice. But the employee at check-in was not having a great night. I could tell she was frazzled and had to do everything herself. I waited 15 min to check-in because she has someone on the phone. I was the only person in the office. No real appreciation for me waiting patiently. Would have been nice to get an upgrade or something. Restaurant offered $4.00 off breakfast. That could have been better since I was paying $95.00 for the night.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo

1 Thank Teri L
Cody H, General Manager at Best Western Plus Rivershore Hotel, responded to this review, 16 December 2013
Dear Teri L,

I’m so sorry about the check-in process, that you had to wait so long and that you felt less than appreciated. I can assure you that I will do everything possible to eliminate that type of arrival experience going forward. I am very pleased that you enjoyed the view from your balcony, the cleanliness and the sleep quality of your guestroom; and I hope that you’ll allow us another opportunity to service your travel needs in the future. I believe that this episode is not the norm for us and if you were to give us another chance I’m confident that your experience would be much more pleasant. Thank you so much for being our guest and I look forward to you visiting us again soon.

Walla Walla, United States
Reviewed 13 December 2013

The housekeeping staff, restaurant staff and lounge staff were pleasant and friendly. The Clerks at the front desk were not happy people , gave their "pre recorded" speech to get you out of the lobby. The hall ways were COLD!!- Rooms were clean, heat worked & comfortable.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Amy W,

Thank you so much for staying with us. Thank you also for your kind comments in regard to the housekeeping, restaurant and lounge staff; I’ll certainly pass it along to them. I’m happy that your room was clean, warm and comfortable; but I’m very sorry that the hallways were cold and that the front desk staff was less than hospitable. That is extremely disappointing to me and I will absolutely take the necessary course of action to correct it. Thank you for bringing these deficiencies to my attention and I sincerely hope that these issues do not deter you from allowing us another opportunity to serve you in the future. We’d be grateful for the chance to show you what we are really capable of and I hope to see you again soon.

Kootenays, BC, Canada
Reviewed 11 December 2013

LOVE the fact that they take pets! And if that was all I said, for a pet owner it should be enough. I was only mildly happy with the room. It's clearly an older property, with a few issues including the noisiest heating system ever. There's no heat in the hallways at all, so the short walk to the restaurant at the end of our hall (2nd floor) was torturous! (It was sub-zero when we arrived for our 2-night stay.)

The staff are lovely. Friendly, helpful, good sense of humour across the board. We had planned on a 3-night stay for an equipment auction that hubby was attending, but when the equipment proved less than worth the additional day, we left. The hotel could have chosen to charge us, but let us off the hook. Much appreciated, believe me!

We had 2 dinners in the restaurant & they were fine - nothing to write home about. The breakfast coupons provided are a little misleading. They say (and I quote), "Choose from the items indicated or take $4 off the regular menu". This implies that if you choose from the few items indicated on the coupon, they're free. But they're not - you actually just get a $4 discount. Which is fine, but it does leave one questioning the wording!

Overall, I was satisfied with the hotel - primarily because I'm a Best Western fan & we generally travel with our Westie. The rooms DO need a little updating, but if you're looking for a hotel room that's clean, a hotel that has a restaurant handy, and is very pet-friendly (cookie jar in the lobby!), this is the one for you.

Room Tip: If you have your pet with you, request a room closer to the ground floor. Easier to take your furba...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Dear KellyBS123,

Thank you for being our guest and thank you also for commenting on our pet friendly approach. I’m very pleased that the staff was so accommodating and that you found the rooms to be clean & comfortable. However, I’m sorry that the heater was noisy and that the breakfast coupon was a little confusing. Just to clarify; on the back of the coupon there is a list of breakfast items that are absolutely free. If those items do not sound good to you, then you can use the coupon to take $4.00 off of any other breakfast item. Regardless, this is something that I will focus on and correct. Also, I will have the noisy heater fixed as well. Again, thank you for allowing us to serve you and I hope that you’ll give us another opportunity in the future!

La Grande, Oregon, United States
Reviewed 13 November 2013

Unlike most hotels, these folks accept pets and the beds are good. I have visited here about 3 times and every time has been good. We ate at the restaurant once and I don't recall anything particular about it. I do remember that the beds were very comfortable.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Cody H, General Manager at Best Western Plus Rivershore Hotel, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
Dear Kyle,

Thank you so much for the review and your compliments regarding the bed comfort, the great rooms and our relaxed pet policy. Thank you also for continuing to be our guest; we are very grateful! We delight ourselves in providing the best accommodations and service possible to our guests while maintaining excellent value and consistency. I am very pleased that you have chosen The Rivershore as your “home away from home” while visiting the Oregon City area; and I do hope that you’ll allow us another opportunity to serve you again soon.

Thanks again!

Comfort Suites Clackamas
Comfort Suites Clackamas
#5 of 7 in Clackamas
Courtyard Portland Southeast/Clackamas

Been to Best Western Plus Rivershore Hotel? Share your experiences!