Best Western Plus Rivershore Hotel
EconoLodge
US$110
US$102
ComfortSuites
Clackamas Inn & Suites(Clackamas)(Great Value!)
US$118
US$139
Hotels.com
US$135
Priceline
All reviewswillamette riverattached restaurantfree appetizersmall balconyhotel restaurantportland areashopping center across the streetnice view of the riverrooms are cleanbest westernswould stay here againwater pressurenice roomnice place to stayconvenient locationbusiness tripwe've stayed
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 21 December 2013

The hotel has been recently updated and the rooms are very nice. However, when we arrived the hot tub was out of order, very disappointing after a long trip with two grandsons who had been promised a dip for behaving...

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Cody H, General Manager at Best Western Plus Rivershore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2013

Dear Recent Guest,

Thank you for staying with us, and thank you also for your pleasant comments about the updates and the nice rooms. I am sorry however, that the hot tub was out of order upon your arrival. We are currently in the process of upgrading our hot tub and the front desk should have informed you of this when you made your reservation. Again, I’m very sorry for the inconvenience; I know how frustrating that can be. I do hope that you’ll try us again when our spa updates are completed. Please allow us another opportunity to serve you again in the future; I’m certain that you’ll not be disappointed.

Reviewed 20 December 2013

We have stayed here many times before but this time it was especially uncomfortable both in the halls, elevators and the Restaurant! My breakfast was cold before I could finish it. Asked the waitress if the heat could be turned on and she was unable to do so due lack of knowledge.

We found windows open in the halls which seemed strange considering the cold weather outside. All in all....an uncomfortable experience.

Hotel staff we have met have all been pleasant. Rooms neat and clean with great view of the Willamette River.

Room Tip: Room located closer to the front desk area are less effected by the freeway noise crossing the bridge over the river.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank oldsaltqsk

Dear oldsaltqsk,

Thank you for being a return guest and thank you also for your nice comments about the staff friendliness, the clean rooms and the great views. However, I am sorry that your breakfast was cold and that the hallways were also cold and uncomfortable. Those windows in the hallways are able to be opened and closed by anyone at anytime. I have witnessed this myself; hallway windows open in the middle of winter. I usually close them when I find them that way. Unfortunately, people seem to open them up here and there throughout the day. Nevertheless, I completely understand and agree with you that this needs attention. I will be in touch with our corporate headquarters to inquire about solutions. I hope that this experience does not deter you from staying with us again and I further hope that you'll give us another opportunity to service your travel needs in the future.

Respectfully,

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 19 December 2013

I stayed here twice. I sent in a review as a best western rewards member. No change to the service. The staff is more interested in telling you the "rules" and having you initial your responsibilities than helping you find disabled parking or the restaurant, etc. I told them as much and the answer was "all hotels are different". Yes they are, some have bad service and some don't. This is all bad service. Stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Dear Recent Guest,

I’m so very sorry for your negative experience. I will not waste your time by making excuses; we clearly did not adhere to the standards that we are typically known for and strive to achieve. I only hope that you’ll allow me an opportunity to correct this issue. I’m confident that we can get better and hopefully you will give us one more chance. If I can be helpful in any way, please feel free to contact me directly at 503-655-7141.

Respectfully,

Reviewed 14 December 2013

View in the morning was nice. But the employee at check-in was not having a great night. I could tell she was frazzled and had to do everything herself. I waited 15 min to check-in because she has someone on the phone. I was the only person in the office. No real appreciation for me waiting patiently. Would have been nice to get an upgrade or something. Restaurant offered $4.00 off breakfast. That could have been better since I was paying $95.00 for the night.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Teri L
Cody H, General Manager at Best Western Plus Rivershore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2013

Dear Teri L,

I’m so sorry about the check-in process, that you had to wait so long and that you felt less than appreciated. I can assure you that I will do everything possible to eliminate that type of arrival experience going forward. I am very pleased that you enjoyed the view from your balcony, the cleanliness and the sleep quality of your guestroom; and I hope that you’ll allow us another opportunity to service your travel needs in the future. I believe that this episode is not the norm for us and if you were to give us another chance I’m confident that your experience would be much more pleasant. Thank you so much for being our guest and I look forward to you visiting us again soon.

Reviewed 13 December 2013

The housekeeping staff, restaurant staff and lounge staff were pleasant and friendly. The Clerks at the front desk were not happy people , gave their "pre recorded" speech to get you out of the lobby. The hall ways were COLD!!- Rooms were clean, heat worked & comfortable.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Amy W,

Thank you so much for staying with us. Thank you also for your kind comments in regard to the housekeeping, restaurant and lounge staff; I’ll certainly pass it along to them. I’m happy that your room was clean, warm and comfortable; but I’m very sorry that the hallways were cold and that the front desk staff was less than hospitable. That is extremely disappointing to me and I will absolutely take the necessary course of action to correct it. Thank you for bringing these deficiencies to my attention and I sincerely hope that these issues do not deter you from allowing us another opportunity to serve you in the future. We’d be grateful for the chance to show you what we are really capable of and I hope to see you again soon.