“Good Suburban Location”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Oregon City
Calgary
“Good Suburban Location”
Reviewed 19 August 2008

Good southern Portland suburban location for exploring the wineries.

All rooms have balconies overlooking the Willamette River. Rooms have been recently renovated with new decor and furnishings. There is an on-site coin laundry and outdoor pool. Pets are allowed and there is a wakling area along the river for them. Restaurant good at dinner but breakfast only so-so ($4.00 breakfast coupons are available from the front desk).

And easy freeway access for a quick departure.

• Stayed July 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
  • Arabic first
Oregon Coast
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 2,680 helpful votes
Reviewed 5 June 2008

This is not a new motel, and from the outside it looks, well, a bit grim. However, inside it has been completely refurbished and the room we had (3rd floor king) was very nice. The bathroom had all new faucets and was finished with marble in the tub and sink area. There was a microwave, fridge, coffee maker, hair dryer, and iron/ironing board . . . and even nice terry robes! All the rooms had modern card locks on them.

Our room was very clean. They do allow pets for a $5 per day extra charge.

The motel is across a quiet, dead-end street from the Willamette River, and the view is lovely. Each room has a sliding glass door, and balcony with two chairs. There is some noise from the nearby freeway, and you can see it, but the noise is not overwhelming.

The price does not include breakfast, but we received vouchers for $4 off each of our breakfasts at the adjacent restaurant, however, we didn't use them.

Check in was not overly friendly but efficient and cordial.

We'll definitely stay here again, as the river view makes this motel unique.

• Liked — The close river view from the balcony.
  • Disliked — No breakfast included with price of room.
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled on business
3 Thank half-Brit
San Francisco
Reviewed 20 May 2008

Not worth the price, even with free wify. Property not maintained: Drains don't drain; door bolt doesn't work; screen doesn't slide; toilet loose on the floor; non-smoking room reeked with smoke; bathroom not clean; kick marks on the door; dingy elevators. Only redeeming value is its view of the river. We would not stay here again.

• Liked — view of the river
  • Disliked — property dingy and not well kept
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled on business
2 Thank United50K
Oregon
Reviewed 19 April 2008

The location of this hotel and the amenities it includes in its modest rooms make it worth the stay. Right on the river, extremely close to a dock, boat launch, riverside paths that lead to an adjacent park, etc. The restaurant was also nice. I had breakfast there both mornings and was pleased with the food and wait staff. Although I did not use it, I peaked into the workout room and was impressed with the condition of their equipment. You could tell it had been updated somewhat recently. The interior of the guest rooms were also well kept. I was in town for business and the wireless internet, mini-fridge, microwave, coffee maker, iron, and hair dryer all came in handy.

I could hear when my upstairs and next door neighbors flushed toilets and ran the water. I was in one side of a divided room, and when guests checked into that room on the second night I could hear a lot of murmurs and movement from them, thin walls. I would have liked less noise, but it wasn't too bad.

My only big complaint is with the hotel staff. They were not friendly and didn't appear to be enjoying their jobs at all. When I checked in I asked about the adjacent park, wondering if it was safe to go running there at night. I was working long hours while in town (sometimes from my hotel room) and wanted to get out for some fresh air and exercise. The two women at the front desk gave me blank stares and acted like they didn't understand why someone would inquire about that. Just not friendly or resourceful. They also only gave me one breakfast voucher, even though I had checked in for two nights. No big deal. When I realized the error and called to ask if I could get another one their odd demeanor surfaced again. Instead of saying, "Sure, no problem. Sorry for the oversight." They made me feel greedy about asking for it, even though I was entitled to one voucher for each night I stayed there.

The big kicker for me was that they said someone reported smelling smoke outside of my room and that they were going to charge me a $150 fine! I was shocked! It was a ridiculous accusation. Luckily they did not end up charging me the unsubstantiated fine, however the way they handled the whole situation was not very professional. I went down the front desk to get some more creamer for my in-room coffee (working from my room at night) and to pick up my breakfast voucher for the next morning when they spurred this on me in the lobby, in front of other guests. If they had reason to believe someone was smoking in my room why didn't they call or come up to the room/hallway to smell for themselves?? They also never apologized to me for the accusation.

The hotel really is in a great spot, its a good value, and the rooms are very well-kept. (It doesn't look super nice from the outside, but it is much nicer inside). However, the staff simply made my stay uncomfortable. They are in serious need of some customer service training!

• Stayed April 2008, travelled on business
3 Thank OregonRiverRunner
Vancouver BC
Reviewed 10 January 2008

I found myself having to drive to Oregon on very short notice for the funeral of my favourite aunt.

Normally I would stay in one of the hotels near the PDX airport, but having neglected to make a reservation (it was very short notice), we found that there was not a single room to be found on airport row.

In desparation, we phoned the Rivershore, since Oregon City was near our final destination. At 1am, the clerk at the other end of the phone was pleasant without being annoyingly chipper, and assured us that there were several rooms available.

When we arrived, check in was incredibly fast, the clerk was very patient with us (we were very tired and frazzled and giddy) and got us up to our rooms quickly.

The rooms were clean, comfortable and quiet - the Bath & Body Works amenities were of superb quality, and the restaurant offered quick service and a tasty breakfast.

I will happily stay there again on my next visit to family in the area!

• Stayed September 2007, travelled with family
2 Thank Nikkal
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
Reviewed 22 June 2007

I was concerned upon arriving at this property. It looks somewhat dated on the exterior and the layout is just plain weird i.e. the only part of the facility located on the ground floor is the office (you would have to see it to understand). It is nicely situated on the bank of the Willamette River providing nice views and, despite being nearly adjacent to the interstate, we found it very quiet.

My misgivings upon arrival were erased as my stay continued. This is obviously an older property that management has done an extensive interior renovation to in the last several years. Bathrooms especially showed signs with granite shower stalls and countertops. The real find, however, was the attached restaurant, which I am not sure the hotel owns but which, nonetheless, proved excellent for both
a dinner and breakfast (don't forget the $4 discount coupon provided by the hotel).

I would not recommend going out of your way to stay in Oregon City, which is totally forgetable, but if your plans take you this way and you're looking for a place, I don't think you will be disappointed by
this property given the price.

• Liked — Restaurant
  • Disliked — Only stop if you are on your way to a more exciting location!
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled with family
2 Thank bunkylunk
Gig Harbor, Washington
Reviewed 10 June 2007

This was my second stay at the Rivershore. On my frequent trips to Oregon, I usually stay in Woodburn (south of Oregon City) but my usual accommodation was sold out. I'd always wanted to try the Rivershore...I'm glad I did.

Check-in was smooth; they had no trouble finding my reservation. There was some remodeling going on in the lobby, but it should be complete very soon. The lobby is the only thing on the first floor...the rest is covered parking. Very nice!

After summoning a slow elevator, the room was quite inviting. Housekeeping had done a great job, but evidently sometime after they left, some large bird (Canadian Goose?) had anointed one of the deck chairs after a short visit. I guess when nature called, the chair on my balcony answered.

Staying at the Rivershore also gets you a discount on Breakfast the next morning. Their restaurant has excellent food (simple and delicious) and the same wonderful view of the Willamette River afforded by every room.

• Liked — Wonderful view in a marvelous location. Very, very clean and in good condition.
  • Disliked — The elevator was a bit slow.
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled solo
Lakeshore Inn
Lakeshore Inn
#3 of 7 in Lake Oswego
Hilton Garden Inn Portland/Lake Oswego

Been to Best Western Plus Rivershore Hotel? Share your experiences!