“Nice view, well appointed rooms”

Best Western Plus Rivershore Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Oregon City
Olympia, Washington
“Nice view, well appointed rooms”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

We stayed on a Thursday night. Didn't want to drive to another restaurant for the light dinner desired, so dined at the attached bar & grill. Linda had a hot crab/shrimp sandwich & I had the ahi sesame coated tuna salad with wasabi & pickled ginger. Both were taste delights. Breakfast is $4 off each from your order. The rooms face west, so summer heat will increase the room temperature. The heater/cooler insert is noisy; hence, the supplied ear plugs if you need heating or air conditioning. We were on the 4th floor, so left the slider open closing the screen. The outside noise was far less audible. Next morning took a nice walk on the path along the river across the street.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Cody H, General Manager at Best Western Plus Rivershore Hotel, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Dear Ginny M,

Thank you for being our guest and thank you for the nice comments about the restaurant. I’m sorry that your air conditioner was noisy. We have since upgraded all of our air conditioning units, so hopefully, that won’t be a problem in the future and the ear plugs can be used for their intended purpose; as an extra amenity for those guests that are very light sleepers. I do hope that you’ll be traveling through our area again soon and that you’ll allow us another opportunity to serve you!

Cody

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
  • Arabic first
Rainier, Oregon
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Me and my husband travel 2 hours for work daily (4 hours total), so a couple of times a month we stay at this place to catch a break from the traffic! We love it here, the beds are so comfortable and they're so pet friendly, we bring out two dogs to work with us so it's nice to have a place that loves my dogs as much as I do! They have nice big tvs and a balcony and the water pressure is to die for, great showers! The restaurant is good, but I'd say just take the extra 10 minutes to walk to pick up your food from the restaurant instead of having it brought to your room, its terribly expensive to have them bring it. Not a big deal though! We aren't lazy! We tried one other hotel nearby and won't do that again! Overall, I love this hotel!

Room Tip: We stay in the deluxe king side bed with a balcony and river view.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Kaylie B
Dear Kaylie B,

Thank you so much for continuing to allow us to serve you, your husband and your friendly dogs! Thanks also for all of the great comments about the comfortable beds, the big T.V.’s and the great showers! Please don’t hesitate to stop by and see us again, as soon as you can!

Pullman, United States
Reviewed 31 May 2014

The beds were comfortable, but that was all. People smoked on the balconies and it filtered in through the air system. The bathtub did not drain. The walls are paper thin, so you can hear everything. They do offer you ear plugs!

1 Thank Collette D
Cody H, General Manager at Best Western Plus Rivershore Hotel, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Dear Collette D,

Thank you for visiting us and thanks for the review. I’m glad that you found the beds to be comfortable but, I’m sorry that you experienced some unpleasant issues as well. I’m really sorry that other guests were smoking on the balcony. We do charge a cleaning fee for people that do smoke on their balconies; and we ask all arriving guests to sign that they understand and agree to that policy upon check in, which should dissuade most people from doing so, but clearly not everyone adheres to that policy. I’m also sorry that the bathtub didn’t drain well and I’ll be sure to have maintenance correct that issue promptly. In regard to the noise, I’m sorry for that as well. I hope these issues do not discourage you from giving us another chance; I’d sure like an opportunity to try to earn your trust back. Please let me know personally if there is anything that I can do, to make a potential future stay, more comfortable for you.

Monticello, Florida
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We did not realize when we booked our stay at the BW Rivershore what a relaxing place it would be. All of the rooms face the river and have balconies where you can sit and enjoy the view. We explored several areas around the Portland vicinity and were glad to get back home in the afternoon to sit and watch the action below along the river. The staff took good care of our room the three days that we were there.

Dear Carol M,

It was a pleasure serving you and thank you for the wonderful comments; especially for referring to us as, “home”. That’s quite an honor. Thanks also for the review that you posted on Best Western. I shared that with Amanda and she was very touched. So again, thank you. We are very proud of our hotel and we’d be thrilled to have you return. Please come back and see us again the next time you’re in our area; I’d love an opportunity to thank you in person!

Regards,

Bend, Oregon
Reviewed 23 May 2014

First, the positives - the room was comfortable and well appointed. I enjoyed the river view, and the sound of the sea lions at night (who knew, this far inland!).

Now, the not so good. They couldn't find my reservation to begin with, took about 15 minutes and then they said it was one night, not the three that I booked. The sliding glass door was open on my arrival, and I had to force it to get it to lock. I never re-opened the door as I was afraid I couldn't get it to lock again. The pool and hot tub were closed (one of the pieces of information I would have appreciated at booking). There was also a giant readerboard across from the hotel advertising nighttime road construction on May 20 & 21, beginning at 3 am (the other piece of information that would have been nice to have before booking). Finally, my room service meal from the hotel restaurant. I ordered the shrimp skewers with garlic mashed potatoes and grilled vegetables. Now, I know that room service costs extra, but take a look at the picture and tell me if you think that looks like a $24 meal.

I might stay at this hotel again, but only after asking lots of questions and I would pass on the restaurant.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear Cindy K,

Thank you for staying with us and for complimenting us on the room comfort and the view. However, I’m very sorry that you experienced so many other negatives. I will certainly look into the confusion at the front desk and I’ll have maintenance repair the sliding glass door. These issues are unacceptable and will be corrected. I’m sorry also that the spa is under construction and currently closed; we hope to have it completed this summer. Our swimming pool is open but, it is only open seasonally. I understand that you stayed with us on the 20th – 21st and our pool opens for the summer every year, on Memorial weekend. Again, I’m sorry that this was not explained to you more clearly and we may have to post it somewhere else besides the web site. Also, I know that the city is doing some road construction right now in front of the hotel and it is frustrating. However, I was just as surprised as you were that they were going to be working overnight on those days. They have been very open with us about their timetable and schedules; and that was never mentioned to us either. I have spoken with them about this and have been assured that they will communicate better in the future; which we can relay to our guests; and again, I apologize. In regard to your restaurant experience, all that I can say is that; I’m sorry. I will share your feedback with the restaurant and we will absolutely take the necessary course of action to improve. That too, is unacceptable. I do hope that you’ll give us another opportunity to earn your trust back and visit us again. I’m certain that your experience would improve greatly. If you choose to allow us to serve you in the future, please feel free to contact me directly.

Fallbrook, California
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Hotel is pet friendly and is an excellent value for the money. Centrally located near Portland, easy access to interstate 205, restaurants and shopping is near. The restaurant is a good place to eat if you desire not to leave the hotel.

Dear Topkick642,

Thank you for visiting and allowing us to serve you and your pet! I’m very glad that your experience was a pleasant one and I’m looking forward to sharing your wonderful comments with the rest of the staff as well. I certainly hope that your travels lead you back to our area; we’d be excited for another chance to serve you.

Thanks again!

Eugene
Reviewed 19 May 2014

We stay at the Rivershore Hotel in Oregon City each time we are in Oregon City to visit relatives. Great room, great view, great service. We like the location near the Willamette River. Our breakfast is included. Everything is clean and functioning.

Dear Mary W,

Thank you for continuing to be our guest, we do appreciate the opportunities that we’ve had to serve you! Thank you also for the great compliments about the room, the view and the service. We do indeed love our hotel and we hope & believe that our guests are able to see that through our efforts and care. I hope you’ll be back again soon as we look forward to your next visit and another chance to take care of you.

Thanks again!

Lakeshore Inn
Lakeshore Inn
#3 of 7 in Lake Oswego
Hilton Garden Inn Portland/Lake Oswego

Been to Best Western Plus Rivershore Hotel? Share your experiences!