“Careless staff and many mechanical noises”

Best Western Plus Rivershore Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Oregon City
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Stayed here Aug 2, '14, reserved and paid for a river view room but received a view of vents and air conditioners on a roof. I mentioned that to the hotel desk, and she insisted there were no more rooms left to move us (we checked in at 2 pm). We came here to enjoy our stay and not to argue over what the reservation stated, and since we came for one day we did not elevate the issue.
And to top it all off, the air conditioner made its louder than usual humming noise, so at night we wanted to turn it off and sleep with the balcony window open, but there was an a/c unit (from a different room) that exhausted into the balcony, so we re-opted to close the balcony door and endure the a/c humm in our room. So in short we paid for a fresh watermelon but got a stale lemon.

Room Tip: Stay away from room 404 and all rooms above or below it.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank G O
Cody H, General Manager at Best Western Plus Rivershore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Dear G O,

Thank you for visiting us and for your feedback as well. I’m extremely sorry to hear that your stay was less than enjoyable and I hope that you’ll give us another chance to earn back your trust, in the future. I truly believe that the issues, that you experienced, are quite rare and hopefully, the exception and not the rule. I will make no excuses, nor pass any blame. I will however promise that, if you afford us another opportunity to serve you, I’ll do my very best to ensure that your stay is a pleasant one.

There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus Rivershore Hotel

Reviewed 1 August 2014

We chose the BW Rivershore for its location as a midpoint on our road trip and it's dog friendly amenities. The bonus was the beautiful scenery as we overlooked the Willamette River with a park and trails right in our front yard. 5 minutes from the hotel is the Mary S. Young off leash park with river access - the perfect spot to wear out and cool off a dog. First impressions were not great as the hotel looks tired and the front desk staff person was unhappily going through the motions at the end of her shift. The manager, Cory, took over to ensure that our room met our needs and personally inspect our room with us - wow! The room was nice and the beds were clean and comfortable. We ate at the attached restaurant - Monday night 3 course steak dinner....perfectly prepared and delicious. Brownies and ice cream - OMG. Margarita is great and packs a punch
A couple of quirks - elevator smelled of exhaust - renovation noise at 6:45 - seriously? Very, very loud air conditioner ...airport hanger loud - ear plugs are a must.....and they supply them.
One huge pet peeve is the pet policy at this and other hotels that charge a cleaning fee. If you are going to take $ for extra cleaning - then do the extras - shampoo the carpets weekly. Rooms should not smell of pet urine.... Ever.
Otherwise...great experience...we will come back and are looking forward to the upgrades.

Room Tip: 2nd floor is dog friendly. Mid floor seems best - nicest view and quietest. All rooms face river.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Dawn V,

Thank you so much for being our guest and for the pleasant comments in regard to the location/scenery, the quality service and your restaurant experience! I am sorry however, about the renovation noise and the loud air conditioner. Both are unacceptable and have already been addressed and corrected. We do indeed use the pet fee for extra cleaning and shampooing of “pet room” carpets; and I’m sorry that you still encountered an unpleasant odor in your room after all. That too is unacceptable and I’ll see to it that there is more care and effort put in to the carpet cleaning process and procedure. I’m very pleased that these deficiencies have not dissuaded you from visiting us in the future and we look forward to serving you again soon!

Thanks again,

Reviewed 30 July 2014

Stayed here for 4 nights as part of a family vacation. The bed was one of the best I'd ever slept in in a hotel. Had a view of the river and heard no street noise from the room as some had suggested. Nice large TV and there were plenty of outlets to plug all of our electronics in. The toiletries they provide were nice as well. Breakfast was fine, but no beverages were included. We didn't want to have to pay $2.75 for coffee, tea, or orange juice because it really adds up! There is complimentary coffee and tea in the lobby and a McDonalds across the street if you want something else. Very convenient location, especially to the interstate.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear spring525,

Thank you for staying with us and for the great compliments about the comfortable beds, river views, large TV’s and the upgraded amenities. I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay! I’m sorry about the breakfast beverages though. That is something that we’ve been working on recently and, we hope to have a solution very soon. I certainly hope that you’ll have another opportunity to visit us, we’d be delighted to serve you again!

Regards,

Reviewed 27 July 2014

This is a nice hotel with a beautiful view of the Willamette river. The rooms are clean and I slept well with no noise waking me up. The adjacent restaurant has a good breakfast with good service. There is a small shopping center across the street and a Starbucks if you really need one. The hotel location is right off the I-205 freeway which is very convenient.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Cody H, General Manager at Best Western Plus Rivershore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Dear Pamela P,

Thank you so much for allowing us to serve you and for all of the great compliments! We do take pride in our hotel, the accommodations that we offer and our commitment to outstanding guest service. It is very gratifying when our guests recognize that and reward us with such wonderful feedback! Thank you again and we hope to see you soon!

Best regards,

Reviewed 27 July 2014

While the free breakfast items were OK, the coffee was $2.75 per person. What, you have to pay for the coffee? And don't be 5 minutes late for breakfast... the "free" breakfast items are not available at 10:05, even though they serve breakfast till 11:00 am. We will stay at the Hampton Inn next trip.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear FavorsR,

Thank you for staying with us and for reviewing our property. Though we do have complimentary coffee, tea and hot chocolate in the lobby, I can understand the frustration of that not being an option in the restaurant; and I’m sorry for that. I’ll take a meeting with the restaurant management team and see if we can come up with a solution. Also, I’m sorry for the menu items not being made available to you when you arrived. That is something that I’ll address with the restaurant as well. I do hope that you’ll give us another opportunity to serve you, I believe that we can have these issues rectified promptly.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

If you're seeking hospitality upon check-in, then look elsewhere. You won't find it here.

The front-desk 'clerk' appears to have been staffed by those who were rejected from fast-food service. Their only answer to every request is "No."

The room was clean, and furnishings were adequate. The bed was tiny, but comfortable. Be prepared for a long walk before you arrive at your room. Once there, you'll hopefully find a nice view of the river. Finally, there was a cushy recliner in the room.

If you require an internet connection, look elsewhere. It was spotty, at best.

Finally, on our last morning there, I was showering and noticed the golf-ball sized visitor watching me. I've never seen such a huge spider in the US. When mentioned to the front-desk sitter, she stated: "Yea, that happens."

W...O...W...Would never return.

On an ethical note: our first morning there, we noticed one of the housekeepers literally running from one building to another. So we mentioned to the front-desk they have a very energetic staff. The front-desk woman, without deviating from her demonstrated form, stated "You would run through your shift also, if your son was in the hospital."
Really? She has to finish her shift, BEFORE she's allowed to go be with her son, while he's IN THE HOSPITAL?!?!?!?!?!!!!! :-O

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the elevator, and on the fourth floor-- farthest away from the spiders.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank megyn h

Dear megyn h,

I am extremely sorry that your experience here at the Rivershore was less than pleasant. What you’ve described sounds very dissimilar to the majority of guest reviews that I have seen. Therefore, it appears as though there could possibly be some misunderstandings and/or confusion in regard to your stay with us. Nevertheless, I’m certain that we have areas that we can improve upon and I thank you for your feedback. I’ll absolutely investigate the issues that you have mentioned and see to it that they are corrected immediately. Again, thank you for your feedback and also for being our guest.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

Don't eat at the restaurant - greasy, low quality food. Don't eat at the restaurant - greasy, low quality food. Don't eat at the restaurant - greasy, low quality food. Don't eat at the restaurant - greasy, low quality food. Don't eat at the restaurant - greasy, low quality food. Don't eat at the restaurant - greasy, low quality food. Don't eat at the restaurant - greasy, low quality food.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Cody H, General Manager at Best Western Plus Rivershore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Dear Paul M,

Thank you for choosing the Rivershore Hotel for your lodging accommodations. I’m glad that your hotel experience was pleasant but, I’m very sorry that your dining experience was not. I will be sure to send your message to the restaurant and assist in improving that department in any way that I can. Again, I apologize and I hope that this experience does not dissuade you from giving us another opportunity in the future, to service your travel needs.

Best regards,

Lakeshore Inn
Lakeshore Inn
#2 of 7 in Lake Oswego
Best Western Wilsonville Inn & Suites

Been to Best Western Plus Rivershore Hotel? Share your experiences!