“Don't stay here”

Best Western Plus Rivershore Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Oregon City
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Food was lousy, not buffet style. Rooms were cramped/smelled. Balcony overlooked the river, however river was across a highway, and the freeway was overhead, noisy. Staff were rude, service was terrible, internet service was lousy, hot tub was broken. NEVER AGAIN!

3  Thank Tonya M
Cody H, General Manager at Best Western Plus Rivershore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2014

Dear Tonya M,

Thank you for staying with us and for your feedback. I’ll be sure to look into and address the issues that you have described. I’m very sorry that we were not able to exceed your expectations and I wish you pleasant travels in the future.

Best regards,

There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus Rivershore Hotel

Reviewed 14 August 2014

Got there late and check-in was very high security. Like you see at the bank going through the drive through. I didn't expect that in Oregon. I suppose things to happen. Not the cleanest place either but what topped it was a bloody tampon in the way back corner under the sink from previous guests all crusty.
We got there late and didn't leave until Noon so got charged for the next day too. What a scam.

Room Tip: Average, but cheap if that what you are looking for.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank jjlkal

Dear jjlkal,

I’m very sorry that your experience was such a negative one and thank you for bringing it to my attention. We do in fact have a night window for very late arrivals. Though safety and security issues are not a problem here at our hotel, we do understand that “bad things” can happen anywhere. So, we do our best to foster and support a very safe and secure environment. We are not trying to protect our staff from our guests; we are trying to protect our staff and our guests from any unforeseen issues. Additionally, this review is the first time that I had been made aware of the cleanliness issues that you have described. And, I do apologize for that. I only wish that you would have let me, or another member of management know about it; so we could have had an opportunity to correct it prior to your departure. Also, I know that we often accommodate “late departure” guests and do not charge additional fees for that service. Again, simply sharing your concerns with management may have been beneficial to both of us in that regard. In conclusion, I’m sorry that we were not able to exceed your expectations and I wish you pleasant travels in the future.

Respectfully,

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Very clean,. Friendly staff. On the river with nice view . Across from a park and walking path. Comfortable, quiet. Great location on the outskirts of Portland. Easy drive to get into the city. I would definitely stay here again.

Dear Robert L,

Thank you so much for all of the wonderful compliments; I will certainly share your review with our staff. I am very happy that you had such a great experience and I hope to have the pleasure of serving you again soon!

Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

The place was old, but Ok as far as clean, etc. Average. But the parking problem is ridiculous. Hotel and over flow full by bar next door. Staff told me it's like this on the weekend. So fix it!! Decide if you want bar patrons or hotel patrons. Had to park across street in unlit area. That's the big bummer cause hotel was fine. Not great, but fine.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Dear Kelley B,

Thank you for allowing us to serve you; I’m pleased that we were able to accommodate your lodging needs. I am sorry however, that the parking was an issue. I, and corporate hotel representatives have petitioned the city to allow us to expand our parking area. Unfortunately, we have not been successful as of yet. I do plan on continuing to work toward that goal and hope to make progress soon. Hopefully, you’ll give us another chance to serve you again in the future and the improvements will be completed.

Best regards,

Reviewed 11 August 2014

We were originally hesitant to stay here because they accept guests with pets. However, all pets and their owners we encountered were quiet and well-behaved. Hotel is conveniently located off I-205, and has one of the better restaurants in the area. This was our second stay in two years at this property, so we were more than satisfied. All rooms face the river and have small balconies. This is pleasant in the morning, and maybe in months other than July-August, when afternoon sun makes balcony very warm. We will probably stay here again next year when a workshop brings us to this area.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Richard H,

Thank you for being our guests once again, we do enjoy serving you! I’m glad that your stay was pleasant and I’m grateful for the nice comments. I certainly hope that you’ll allow us to serve you again next year, when your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

I stayed here two nights for a business trip as my usual haunt was booked. The location is easy to find off the 205 and right next to the beautiful Willamette River. Check-in was uneventful, the staff pleasant and informative. I received a room on the fourth floor at the far end of the building. The elevator at the far end smells like grease akin to standing in a mechanic's garage.

The room has an interesting entrance, the door is angled, so when one opens the door it opens into the bathroom area, step in and pull your belongings in and shuffle to the side to close the door. It was just a funky design I have never encountered before. The room was nice, clean and the bed comfortable. I had a great view of the river.

I ate at the restaurant for dinner twice and breakfast my last morning. The first dining experience was good, the food good and service was excellent. The second evening I ordered a salad and a glass of wine. The salad as my main course came out before my wine. Service was slow and the server apologetic for her slow service. I waited what seemed like a long time before I received my bill. Breakfast the next morning was the same slow service and a server rolling their eyes when I asked to exchange my lipstick smudged coffee mug.

Overall the hotel is nice and the view of the river can't be beat. I'm not giving rave reviews of the restaurant. If you like to walk or jog, there is a path along the river that is a refreshing experience, get outside and enjoy nature. Given the need to be in the area again and my usual is booked, I would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Dear ChipsTravels,

Thank you for staying with us, I’m glad to hear that your stay was an enjoyable one. Thank you also for the nice comments in regard to the pleasant hotel staff, nice rooms and clean & comfortable bed. I’ll have our maintenance staff investigate the odor in the elevator and correct it promptly. I’ll also share your experience with the restaurant and I can assure you that, there’ll not be any future service issues. I do hope that you’ll give us another opportunity in the future, we’d be delighted to see you again.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Stayed here Aug 2, '14, reserved and paid for a river view room but received a view of vents and air conditioners on a roof. I mentioned that to the hotel desk, and she insisted there were no more rooms left to move us (we checked in at 2 pm). We came here to enjoy our stay and not to argue over what the reservation stated, and since we came for one day we did not elevate the issue.
And to top it all off, the air conditioner made its louder than usual humming noise, so at night we wanted to turn it off and sleep with the balcony window open, but there was an a/c unit (from a different room) that exhausted into the balcony, so we re-opted to close the balcony door and endure the a/c humm in our room. So in short we paid for a fresh watermelon but got a stale lemon.

Room Tip: Stay away from room 404 and all rooms above or below it.
2  Thank G O
Cody H, General Manager at Best Western Plus Rivershore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Dear G O,

Thank you for visiting us and for your feedback as well. I’m extremely sorry to hear that your stay was less than enjoyable and I hope that you’ll give us another chance to earn back your trust, in the future. I truly believe that the issues, that you experienced, are quite rare and hopefully, the exception and not the rule. I will make no excuses, nor pass any blame. I will however promise that, if you afford us another opportunity to serve you, I’ll do my very best to ensure that your stay is a pleasant one.

Respectfully,

Lakeshore Inn
Lakeshore Inn
#2 of 7 in Lake Oswego
Best Western Wilsonville Inn & Suites

Been to Best Western Plus Rivershore Hotel? Share your experiences!