“Beautiful location, but all Chalets are not the same”
Review of Alpine Chalet

Alpine Chalet
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Otter Rock
Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

Beautiful & gorgeous views from this property perched on the bluffs overlooking the Pacific. There are 11 units on the property with all different ownerships & levels of updates & accomodations. We stayed in Chalet #5 which was less than desired with 80's uncomfortable supersoft velvet couch, rockers, beds & bad lighting for reading & grainy old cable TV. That said, we just had to walk outside to catch the well mantained trail down the hillside to the beach below. This is why we came to this spot. We ran our dogs, explored the beaches & stayed outside & happy. Loved the Devil's Punchbowl & chowder at Mo's West.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank bullis60

Reviewed 27 October 2013

My husband and I took our grandchildren for a weekend trip to the beach

and we stayed in Alpine Chalet #6. Everybody enjoyed it. The unit was clean,and cozy. Management made us feel very welcome. The weather was clear on the day we spent on the private beach. We took lots of memorable pictures on the beach and in the private picnic area. My granddaughter made a comment while looking at the beautiful view of the sunset " This is like heaven". The kids talked about coming back again. We had a great time and will plan on going back again!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Joyce L
Reviewed 30 May 2013

My wife and I stayed here In the fall it was great. We enjoyed the walks on the beach, the guest homes were great. The people who took care of the Chalet were great keep everything clean and neat. I would go back at a moments notice.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ralph H
Reviewed 27 May 2013

I took my family for a quick getaway weekend and stayed at the Alpine Chalet #6. It was fantastic! Not only was there a fun loft for my kids to sleep but there was a little private park area and a great beach. There were no crowds, it was quiet and a perfect place for my children to run around. I definitely recommend the #6 Alpine Chalet if you want to visit the coast!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 May 2013

Nobody bothered us the entire time. #6 was clean and SUPER CUTE! The loft ROCKS! LOVE the little private fire pits, charcoal grills and park just for Alpine Chalets. The weather was beautiful and nobody was on the beach---because it's a private beach! : ) We felt like we had the place to ourselves. I love this place and will come back every year!

Room Tip: Choose #6!
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank chirpy33
Reviewed 24 May 2013

A friend and I recently stayed in unit 6 and the stay was incredible. The unit was clean and comfortable. The grounds were beautiful. Enjoyed a nice cook out in the picnic area over looking the ocean. They have a great private beach area that has easy access. Sunsets were beautiful. Can't wait to go back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank kfowler4
Reviewed 18 February 2013

My wife and I have stayed numerous times at the Alpine Chalets in the past. This visit was over Presidents Day weekend. We always had a good time there because of the location and convenience to attractions and proximity to the beach. We usually stayed in either Unit 4 or 5. This time we stayed in Unit 4. Right away we discovered that things were different. First off, the screen door had been removed. Once inside, the smell of mold and/or mildew was over bearing. We opened up all of the windows to air the place out. It never really aired out during our visit.

As our visit progressed, there were other problems that surfaced. The toilet kept running, the shower didn't work well and the tub drain was so clogged that I was in ankle deep soapy water at the end of my shower. Also, I had to buy a shower mat for the tub since one was not provided and to tub floor was extremely slick. The refrigerator did not keep its contents cold (we didn't bother with the freezer). The kitchen had no cloth towels to dry dishes. There was only a partial role of paper towels. The floor was not clean when we arrived and the carpet had numerous stains.

This was probably our last visit to the Alpine Chalets since there are other options in the vicinity at a similar cost with substantially higher quality. It's unfortunate that the place has deteriorated to its current level. There need to be significant changes or the Alpine Chalets won't be around in a few years.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
7  Thank TG55775

Been to Alpine Chalet? Share your experiences!