“Jazz on the waves”

Dining options: Reservations
Oregon Coast, Oregon
“Jazz on the waves”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I stopped by the Lodge on other business and discovered that this afternoon was the first event in the Summer Nights Jazz, at The Lodge. The program began with a very accomplished local jazz trio, playing some songs off of their latest album. The acoustics were good, the ocean view outstanding and the audience very enthusiastic. I ordered penne pasta with NY tip steak - excellent in a light creamy sauce (others at the table ordered a steak sandwich and salmon - all gave rave reviews of their meals). The drinks were reasonably priced and combined with the jazz of Past Forward an real treat. Even before the first intermission, I went out to purchase two tickets for the next show in the series scheduled for Saturday, June 28, 2014 (only $17 when pre-purchased). If you will be in the Newport - Lincoln City area in late June, treat yourself to the jazz music and great meal - it will be memorable.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Steve R

Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“THE BEST!”
Reviewed 28 March 2014

This restaurant is one of my favorites, the drinks are fantastic they have this ginger grapefruit infused vodka that is to die for! THE FOOD...wow! I will be back again and again....and again! The staff at the lodge is great, they are super nice and brought me exactly what I ordered (i am very picky) and the view is fantastic!

They caught my attention and I will be dining there next time I return to Lincoln County.

• Visited March 2014
Depoe Bay, Oregon
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The view at the Lodge at Otter Crest is best seeing during the day and the food is more expensive than average.”
Reviewed 28 December 2013 via mobile

I ate the filet which had a burnt paprika sauce not to my liking but once inside to was tender and delicious. Potatoes also had the burnt paprika sauce but the mixed vegetables were delicious, a bit al dente but to my liking.
My southern Italian husband had the chiopina which was a more raw sauce and not enough seafood for his liking.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank MrsCiuffo
West Vancouver, Canada
“Wonderful Quiet Dinner”
Reviewed 3 December 2013

After checking into the Inn at Otter Crest we need to eat because of our long 9 hour drive from our home. The front desk recommended the Lodge which we agreed would save us from any more driving.
We were pleasantly surprised that we had the room to ourselves. Why, I have no idea as the food was outstanding and our waiter/bartender was full of interesting information about the local wine and the catch of the day (blackfish).
My wife ordered a local Merlot recommend by w/b. I was interested in the house Sangria apparently the w/b makes his own. I was intrigued and ordered it. It was only second best to the Sangria I had in Madrid.
For the main course my wife ordered the chicken Marsala with an outstanding mushroom sauce. The serving was more than ample so she took a couple of pieces back to our room.
After hearing how the catch of the day was swimming just off the coast that morning, I chose the fish and chips. It was outstanding. The Blackfish meat is more flavorable than halibut. It was a great choice. I was surprised how well done were the chips. They very crispy and there was no hint of oil.
As an added bonus, the chef came out to our table to show us his new menu and asked for our comments. The new menu has some items from the old menu and some items that will be well received.
We will be going back again this week to try the new menu.
It is well worth the drive to the Lodge at The Inn at Otter Crest to enjoy this hidden treasure. A hint is to call ahead to make sure the have room and will be open.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank nsoldgoat
Newport, Oregon
“A New Gem”
Reviewed 16 November 2013

I've been to the Lodge many times since it opened 2 months ago. While it has some very common hiccups of a new restaurant, in general, it is VERY good. First the food: the caeser salad is lovely. It is not huge, which I appreciate, because I order salads as an appetizer, NOT a meal. The cioppino is also very tasty, as is the razor clam chowder. The menu offers a variety of small plates including champinones, mushrooms that rotate on seasonality, and focus on locally foraged edibles. Of the entrees, I've very much enjoyed the halibut fish and chips, the salmon pesto tagliatelle (one of my favorite dishes with or without the salmon), the lemon chicken...but the coup de gras are the STEAKS. The bone in ribeye is jaw dropping and enough for 2 people to share. If you don't want to share, opt for the filet mignon. Both steaks are local grass fed beef, dry aged in house. Every single time I order my steak it cames cooked perfectly to the temperature I asked. The Ribeye comes with a blue cheese peppercorn sauce, the filet come with a bordelaise sauce-both are dynamite. I also love the vegetables that come with my steak. They change each week (sting beans, broccoli, asparagus) and are always well seasoned and never overdone.
The view is outrageous. One of the best on the central coast, I'd advise going around 4:30-5pm in the Winter, so you can have a cocktail and an appetizer while watching the sunset. Then, as the darkness settles, you can get ready to dig in to dinner.
All in all, I'd bare in mind that this is still a new establishment with room to brand and polish up a few details, but in general the Lodge is on it's was to being a great destination for a drink, snack, and dinner. It's already my destination for these delectable items.

• Visited November 2013