Inn at Otter Crest
Whale Cove Inn(Depoe Bay)
US$532
US$509
US$131
US$113
Travelocity
Four Winds Motel(Depoe Bay)
US$89
US$87
Agate Beach Motel(Newport)
US$216
US$205
US$196
BestWestern.com
Clarion Inn Surfrider Resort(Depoe Bay)(Great Value!)
US$158
Alpine Chalet(Otter Rock)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Free Internet
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsdevil's punchbowltide poolsoregon coastdevil's punch bowlstayed in buildingdepoe bayprivate beachharbor sealspanoramic view of the oceanfull kitchenlow tidelincoln city and newportwhale watchingstate parkon the rocksoutdoor poolgreat view
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Inn at Otter Crest offers a huge variety of units, all with ocean views. Guests are shuttled to and from condos by electric carts. No pets allowed. Pool, sauna, and hot tub with a restaurant. This is the place to have a memorable coastal experience. Enjoy!

Room Tip: Reserve a room early for summer - you will remember this vacation!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Steve R
Reviewed 10 May 2014

I was cautious about booking this place per the reviews and appreciated the "heads up".
I did call to make the reservation and discuss the room options and specifically asked for an updated unit and a view. We had both and loved our "hotel room" option in building A, ocean view, very close to the 90+ steps that take you down to the most awesome tide pools! We usually stay at a much more expensive place along the Oregon Coast but this place was every bit as lovely, had beautiful grounds and amazing tide pools and the price was great. You might just call and discuss your options before booking. We ate in the restaurant, and while they had few options that appealed to us, what we chose was very good. We really appreciated being able to walk over to the restaurant after a long tiring day, enjoy a bottle of wine with our meal and stumble back to our room after. Don't miss the Devils Punchbowl at low tide on your left after descending the steps.

Room Tip: Building A "hotel room" was lovely
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank shellykf
Reviewed 2 May 2014

We traded into Otter Rock with an RCI exchange. This is the second time we have a spent week here and it doesn't disappoint. We were in the K building, units 252/253. Our unit was a studio unit with a full kitchen, living area, full bath, sleeper sofa and the adjoining unit which we also had was a hotel unit with two queen beds and a full bath. The deck ran the length of both units. We had stormy, wet weather part of the time and temps in the high 80's part of the time. The view cannot be beat. There are very good sun blocking screens on the windows that you can see thru. These are necessary when the temperatures get high as there is no ac. The units are clean, the staff very friendly and the area very relaxing. Only downfall is that you have to park in a lot and are taken to your unit in golf carts. You can walk but if you have any kind of handicap it can be a little taxing. Beautiful grounds. We have stayed here many times and would go back in a heartbeat. Great value when not using an RCI exchange. Be sure to look at the property map and pick at a building closer to the ocean.

Room Tip: Check property map and see where you are in relation to ocean.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 April 2014

I was looking forward to staying at Inn at Otter Crest this summer, and made an online reservation about a week ago. I called and made a change to the reservation that evening since I read the fine print on their online reservation system and realized the default is rooms with forest views (i.e. non-ocean views) if you reserve online. I also changed from a 3 day reservation to a 2 day one and assumed that everything was taken care of after I called. I asked the person I spoke with to please send me a confirmation email with the change in dates and rates. Never got one.

Here's what happened next:

- I receive an email with the wrong reservation the next day --- I call to see what the story is, and am told the night clerk didn't change it after my previous call. Ok - things happen. The clerk I spoke to was very nice and I felt fine about it.

Now, a week later, I get 4 emails all sent from their reservation system at the same time --- 2 have the incorrect reservations, 2 have the correct reservations. ????

I again call them (please realize - this is now the THIRD time I've called them) and am told it's a server problem ... say what?? A week later this is still not taken care of in your reservation system?

I then decided I had to cancel my reservations, as I don't feel I can trust them with my personal information in their antiquated reservation system. I asked for a confirmation email that my reservations were cancelled --- it's 3 hours later, and still no email.

WAKE UP! IT'S THE TWENTY-FIRST CENTURY AND CONSUMERS CARE VERY MUCH ABOUT THE ACCURACY AND SECURITY OF THEIR PRIVATE INFORMATION.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
7  Thank DocHoliday000
Reviewed 3 April 2014

We scored a half-off special. Upon arrival at Inn at Otter Crest, we were greeted by very friendly staff who checked us in and hauled us and our luggage to our room on one of the resorts many Club Carts. The grounds, setting and view of this property is about among the nicest you'll find on the Oregon Coast. Disappointment set in the moment we entered our room. This being an ownership resort, I assume that our unit was one that is not well maintained by the owner, and was accordingly set aside for discount deals like ours. Everything in the room was decades old. The carpet was worn, ratty and stained. The furniture arm rests were very dingy. The faucets were barely functional. chipped paint and marks were prevalent throughout on the walls and trim. If we had paid full price for this room, I would have been at the desk demanding a refund or a nicer room. The portable partition on the deck that separated our room from the one next door was constructed of cloth material that would flap in the wind, making constant thumping sounds. The Wi-Fi signal was either very weak or worthless. The view was the room's only saving grace, which by itself made it worth the price we paid.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family