“(Follow up)-"Beautiful Canyon..But"”

and up
Hells Canyon Jet Boat Tour
Ranked #1 of 4 things to do in Oxbow
More attraction details
Owner description: Hells Canyon Adventures offers jet boat tours, fishing charters, and shuttle services at the South Entrance of Hells Canyon. Hells Canyon is the deepest gorge in North America!
Eugene
“(Follow up)-"Beautiful Canyon..But"”
Reviewed 25 January 2014

This is an update from my review dated Aug. 8,2013. I did receive a letter from Brandie L. acknowledging a need to more accurately represent advertising of their tours. May see some changes in the future? She also generously offered to, "make it right" on a future tour with Hell's Canyon Adventures...apology accepted. Thank you Brandie!

Visited August 2013
3 Thank Douglas G

Grayson, Georgia
9 attraction reviews
“Unforgettable Adventure”
Reviewed 24 October 2013

In June 2013 we had the pleasure of experiencing Hell's Canyon with a two hour jet boat trip through the canyon on the Snake River. The rugged beauty of the canyon was fascinating. Our boat captain was very informative providing information on the geology of the canyon and early Indian inhabitants. He also shared stories of white inhabitants complete with a murder mystery. We made a suggestion to the owners that a sign might be added when you arrive at the dam. You have to drive across the dam to the other side of the river to board the boat. My husband was hesitant to do this which resulted in a delay for our tour. The owners were most gracious and accommodating of our mistake. Thank you Hell's Canyon Adventures for being an exciting part of our Oregon adventure.

Visited June 2013
2 Thank gritsingrayson
Garden Valley, Idaho
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Fun and Scenic Ride!”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We took the overnight trip from the put-in below Hell's Canyon Dam 110 miles downstream to Lewiston, ID, and then back again the next day. The boat proved itself river-worthy and is the only way to venture upstream through the rapids. The majority of the trip was scenic and fun. We saw much wildlife including mountain sheep, river otter, turkey, heron, chuckar, grouse, and more. The historical sites were interesting. We counted the trip as one of our favorites.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank BobS83622
Eugene
“Beautiful Canyon..But”
Reviewed 8 August 2013

We took the 2 hr. Granite Creek Tour. Good history and info. about the area. The scenery is beautiful and the boat ride is safe. However the brochure states we would stop along the way to see Native American Pictographs, which I have done before on another trip. This was confirmed in our phone conversation with Brandie L. while making reservations. Upon arriving at the boat, we were told by Mark, (the captain) that no, we weren't stopping today...that it was too hot! I called Brandie back after the trip and reported. She said she would, "look into it". No apology, no fee reduction, no call back. Sadly, I felt misled about an otherwise fun trip!

Visited July 2013
3 Thank Douglas G
jethellscanyon, Manager at Hells Canyon Adventures, responded to this review, 12 August 2013
Mark and I (Brandie) appreciate Douglas' review of our Granite Creek Adventure. He seemed to enjoy all aspects of the trip other than the fact that we didn't stop at pictogrpahs as our brochure states. On July 26 when Douglas took the Afternoon Granite Creek Tour the temperatures in the canyon were between 104-110. Mark, the Captain of the trip, made the decision to not hike to the site because of the extreme heat and inserted a swimming stop instead. Our Captains will always choose comfort and safety for our customers first. After our season is over our company is going to discuss how to better advertise the adventures we offer.

Doug also mentioned that our office did not contact him back after he called and spoke with me. I spoke with Doug on July 31. I mentioned to him that I wanted to visit with Mark and that I would contact him again. After I visited with Mark, I wrote Doug a letter. The letter was mailed on August 1. I wanted him to have my opinion of the situation in writing so that there was no miscommunication. I believe that my letter addressed his concerns.
Wynnewood, Pennsylvania
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 105 helpful votes
“Super Way to Experience Hell's Canyon”
Reviewed 6 August 2013

The launch site for this jet boat tour is in a remote location. When you see Hell's Canyon you can understand why there are so few roads. But of course that's part of the allure. We found the 6-hour tour, including lunch, to be a wonderful experience in every way. The operation is very professional with great drivers/guides. There is a stop at a historic ranch where you can stroll and use bathroom facilities. It was over 100 degrees in the canyon on our trip, apparently not uncommon in the summer. But the speed of the covered boat and spray from the rapids kept us comfortable. They also beached the boat twice to allow for swimming in the Snake River. That was fun! There were 2 large coolers of water and lemonade on the boat. The lunch is amazing. Not a brown bag sandwich with a granola bar. They put out a full buffet spread on a table in the back of the boat for making deli wraps, salad, and with obviously homemade potato and pasta salads and brownies. Wow! We later met some of the family at their office/shop/B&B. Super nice people who take obvious pride in their business and the quality of the lunch. There were a lot of rafters on the river. That's obviously an option. But if you want a jet boat ride with plenty of time to enjoy the river, swim and eat a great lunch, this is the way to go.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank laborman1
THANK YOU! We so appreciate your feedback! Glad you enjoyed the lunch. It's good to know that the small little things get noticed and are appreciated!