“Could have been better”

Shorepine Vacation Rentals
Reviewed 25 July 2011

My family and I Booked a town house at shorepine rentals. The house looked great from the pictures. When we arrived everything was as expected. A nice house, short walk to the beach and clean. On the second day we were there the owners son arrived with key in hand and was planning on coming in to the house. We were just getting ready to go to the beach. He asked if he could come in and grab something and use the bathroom. We all felt that this was very uncalled for. He disrupted our vacation that we were paying for. He also did a drive by of the house later that same day. He had a key to the house and the garage. We feel that he would of come into the house if we were gone. We didn't feel our things were safe. This should not have happend. Were were all very disappointed that the shorepine rental staff would allow this to happen. When we told them this had happend they didn't do anything about it. There comment was " The owners were nervous to rent there house out" Then they shouldn't have. That's the bottom line. Not sure if I would stay there again. Especially at that house it's called the little mermaid #86

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
6  Thank mainsara
ShorepineRentals, Manager at Shorepine Vacation Rentals, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2011

Thank you for the feedback regarding your recent stay to Shorepine Vacation Rentals. The home you are staying in (#86 The Little Mermaid) is a new rental home. This homeowner is indeed comfortable with renting their home, and I apologize that this was not conveyed to you. Our management company has contacted the Owner and informed them of proper procedures for entering their house, this situation is definitely not acceptable, nor is it common and I apologize that this was your experience. I hope that you were still able to enjoy your time in Pacific City and I invite you to come try Shorepine Vacation Rentals again. Please contact us if you need further information, I would be more than happy to assist you.

Tara Thayer
Operations Manger
Shorepine Vacation Rentals

Reviewed 14 June 2011

Shorepine Village is a delightful enclave in the perfect little beach town of Pacific City. There are several different house styles available for rent, depending on the size and needs of your group. You can see photos of all the available homes on their website. Tara in the rental office was very helpful in steering me to a property that met my requirements (dog-friendly, good WiFi connection, large deck, single story).
Sandcastle, #43, was bright and cheerful with nice decor and quality finishings. The kitchen and bathrooms were awesone; I loved the heated tile floor in master bathroom!
Another outstanding feature of this floorplan was arrangement of the many windows, for lots of light and pretty views of the sea grass and trees off the deck. This particular home has the TV in a small sitting room/bedroom (with futon), which could be a "plus" or a "minus" depending on the group's viewing habits. Having a washer/dryer is another great feature. There is also an ample supply of various soaps and paper products, which is not always the case when renting vacation homes.

The houses are arranged to take maximum advantage of nature's beauty, including a central wetlands area. There are paved bike paths throughout the property and each home comes with cruiser bikes in the garage. The paths are lovely for walking, too, with benches here and there to rest and enjoy the grassland views. I look forward to returning and sharing my new "favorite place" with family and friends.

Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
ShorepineRentals, Manager at Shorepine Vacation Rentals, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2011

Barbara,

Thank you very much for your review! I am glad you had a wonderful time. We hope to see you back in Shorepine very soon.

Tara Thayer
Operations Manager

Reviewed 30 December 2010

Wow. What a great vacation rental! My family and I stayed in lot 14 and it was literally right out the back door onto the beach! It was super close to all of the great little surf shops and pizza place, infact we all walked down there a few times during out stay. My favorite part was the workout/pool table center next to the office. at first my card wouldn't work to get in but the ladies in the office were more than helpful and got me in right away. next time i'll have to book a bigger home though, this one wasn't quite big enough for my family of 6 and our dog, it was a little crouded. we'll definatelly be back!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 August 2010

There were only four of us plus dog and although the Sandcastle says it's for 4-6, four would definitely be more comfortable as the third bedroom is a double futon and also serves as a tv room. The house was spotless and beautifully fitted out with everything we needed. My husband and I loved that the tv was off in the bedroom because it meant we could relax with a book in the living room. The kitchen was super especially with the big gourmet gas stove. There's a ton of big windows and blinds that open from top or bottom so you can retain privacy while enjoying bright light even on grey days. The dog wasn't sure about the sea grass yard, but soon got used to it and found a place around the corner in which she could 'do her biz'. The kids and I appreciated the wireless internet right in the house. We used the rec center a couple of times and it was kept spotlessly clean and the pool table had all the right equipment.

Shorepine rentals were easy to deal with and even though there was a minor hiccup with the booking system (error message on my end) a quick follow up e-mail confirmed that everything had gone through correctly. I had a couple of questions along the way about facilities and they were answered quickly and cheerfully.

The only minor drawback would be beach access for those with limited mobility. You have to hoof it up a ramp to the top of a large dune, then plow through the sand down the other side and the reverse getting back up. The kids loved it, but it's not for the faint of heart. You can walk via the bike paths and back streets to flatter access near Pelican Pier.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 June 2010

We stayed for an extended weekend at the Beach Cabana at Shorepine Village and we had a wonderful time. The staff at the rental office was very nice and very accomodating. The subdivision is perfect for families with kids as there are bike paths and its right next to the beach. Beautiful homes that are all similar in size/nature/appeal and are well maintained. The Beach Cabana had two king size beds plus another bedroom that was perfect for the kids. Short walks to the Pelican Pub and the other areas and the beach was incredible - a great tidepool area with lots to see/do or you can just relax. We will defintely return again!!!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 February 2010

We retrun to Pacific City frequently and have used Shorepine Vacation Rentals often. Yhe homes are well furnished with fireplaces, BBQs, bikes, etc. The homes are clean, decorated well, and conducive to a great beach vacation-they are family and pet friendly.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank newotani
Reviewed 2 February 2010

Everything about this house was perfect! This place was furnished really well, the soaps were nice and the kitchen had everything! We even two kids with us (1 & 4) and they had a great time too. The staff in the office produced a high chair and pack and play when we arrived. It was really great, from check-in to check out; the staff in the office and down the street at the Inn were incredibly helpful and attentive. We are definitley coming back.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with friends
#2 of 4 in Pacific City
Pacific City Inn
Pacific City Inn
#4 of 4 in Pacific City

Been to Shorepine Vacation Rentals? Share your experiences!