“Great burgers and fries.”
Review of Fat Freddy's - CLOSED

Fat Freddy's
Price range: US$6 - US$30
Cuisines: Diner
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Description: Do try to time your trip lunch or dinner here. This is stepping back in time to a family-run diner that has all the family there and fantastic hamburgers. It is very individual and very reasonable.
Reviewed 5 August 2012

I have been there a few times since 08. Every time I roll through pacific city, to stop and play at the beach. I make it a point to stop and have a burger. Love the coastal burgers. I will return to fat freddies.

Reviewed 9 July 2012

I was craving clam chowder and this little restaurant looked cute so I thought I'd try it. The soup itself was very good, but it cost me $6 for a bowl of soup which was maybe a cups worth of soup. The soup was good, but the price and quantity were disappointing.

Reviewed 9 June 2012

I love the milk shakes and floats. Love the people who work there but wish they were open more.

Reviewed 20 August 2011

We were led astray a little by some of the recent reviews. The burgers were from frozen patties and while served on a sesame bun and with the usual condiments the price of $6.75 was excessive. They even tacked on an extra $.20 for the additional slice of tomato I requested. The fries were good. These guys are taking full advantage of the tourist trade.

Reviewed 6 June 2011

My Bacon Swiss Mushroom burger was fantastic, with that unmatchable fried-on-a-greasy-grill flavor. The fixings were crisp and fresh, including the mushrooms (NOT canned) which were sauteed to a slightly chewy, perfectly caramelized mahogany, just the way I like them.

The coup 'de grace on this burger, however, was the bacon. Typically, bacon on a cheese burger is cooked limp (or, god forbid, pre-cooked and warmed on the grill.) Freddy's cooks fresh, thick-cut bacon to a crispy well-done brown that some folks might consider overcooked, but that I think creates a rich, nutty flavor and "meat crouton" crunch that's the perfect contrast to a moist burger and crisp veggies.

For the full review, please visit: http://burninlovebbq.wordpress.com/2011/06/06/fat-freddys-diner-review/