All reviews the pelican pub brew pub haystack rock oregon coast parking lot starbucks coffee directly across the street gas fireplace jacuzzi room road noise rooms face the ocean great view bunk beds dory boats wonderful beach view of the ocean the cottages
Reviewed 25 December 2011

My wife and I arrived after dark and needed a place to stay. It was off season but we had a lovely welcome from Debbie at the front desk. Our little dog was welcomed with open arms and all sorts of goodies.
The room was very comfortable with a splendid ocean view.
Debbie had suggested we go to the Pelican Brewery and Restaurant for supper and this was a treat in itself and very reasonably priced.
After we left, I realised I had left my driver's licence somewhere. I phoned the hotel and spoke to Debbie who called back later having tracked it down. I got it a couple of days later.

This is a very good place to stay in a lovely location.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 December 2011

My third visit to the Inn. Room was newly remodeled - although I haven't felt it needed it. The staff was extremely friendly and accommodating - when I asked the front desk where I could buy some toothpaste, they gave me a complimentary tube. Maintenance responded within half an hour to fix heater which had a blown fan..

I absolutely loved that the Inn has not jumped on the CFL bandwagon. I can't stand fluorescent light and the Inn does not either. I know it's not PC. nor sustainable, etc, but there's nothing more comforting in a room than incandescent light.

The view goes without saying is wonderful (watching the sunset over the Pacific).

Looking forward to my fourth visit..

Room Tip: By the elevator, there is no one on one side, thought I never heard anyone in another room.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Dbronx
Reviewed 17 November 2011

My GF and I spend one night here as part of a long weekend along the Oregon Coast and absolutely loved it. It's right across from the street from the beach with all rooms having ocean views and balconies. The staff was amazing, even calling us before we left to check in with us. My GF mentioned we were coming for her birthday when they called, and we were amazed to find a nice bottle of wine in the room waiting for us with a card! Our room was awesome, with a gas fireplace, queen bed, flatsceen TV, DVD, small fridge, etc. They even had a happy hour social with complimentary beer/wine and a cheese/cracker/fruit plate.

My only complaint was that I found the bed to be uncomfortable. It was too soft (I prefer a harder mattress) and we both felt the springs in the mattress a little. Not so bad that we couldn't sleep, but I expected better. Overall, it was a great place and we will definitely be staying again.

If you are in Pacific City and like beer, go to the Pelican Bay Brewery across the street from the Inn. Some of the best beer i've ever had. The service and food is very good. Plus, it's literally on the beach, so the view is perfect.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 3rd floor have a better view, as you would expect.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 November 2011

Well laid out room with a fabulous view. Nice little balcony were you can sit and watch the world go by. Complimentary drinks on arrival were very welcome after a long drive! Pelican Pub across the road was GREAT!

A good hotel to stay in - I'd come back and recommend it to others.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 November 2011

We stayed for 10 nights in October and loved every minute. We only left the immediate area twice. The view is perfect and the sunsets were amazing. The room is as nice as a room for twice the price. Bed is comfortable, the layout is perfect for staying in and watching a movie or having a simple meal. The bar area has a refrigerator and microwave which were all we needed to have breakfast in the room every day, There is a coffee makerand the bar area is cleaned daily which makes it very convienent.
The haystack rock directly in front of you and the surfing activity was fun to watch. We have stayed here twice and plan to go back again soon. The pub across the street made it easy to walk across have lunch, take a beach walk and come back for the rest of the day. This is one of our favorite spots. If you need to get away this is perfect.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple