All reviewsthe pelican pubbrew pubhaystack rockoregon coastparking lotstarbucks coffeedirectly across the streetgas fireplacejacuzzi roomroad noiserooms face the oceangreat viewbunk bedsdory boatswonderful beachview of the oceanthe cottages
Reviewed 19 January 2012

The small, sandy beach at Cape Kiwanda, OR, is bounded by a huge sand dune and interesting sea caves at the north end, with a massive, arched haystack rock just offshore. All the rooms of the Inn face the haystack rock, with private balconies. The rooms are very spacious, nicely appointed, clean and well maintained. Service was friendly. There's an outdoor hot tub, and a highly regarded microbrew pub is right across the street. But the price seemed a bit high for this property, which was cozy but not ultra luxurious. Overall, we enjoyed our stay, and had no complaints.

Room Tip: All the rooms have balconies and face the beach directly.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
PacificCityYLBT, Internet & website marketing at Inn At Cape Kiwanda, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We appreciate your feedback and hope you will return soon. Cape Kiwanda with the large sand dune, tidepools and Haystack Rock just offshore is a wonderful area to visit. I believe you might have us partially confused with another property, as the Inn at Cape Kiwanda does not have an outdoor hot tub.
Thank you again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 6 January 2012

Pacific City is my favorite place on the Oregon coast, and I love to stay at this hotel. It's warm and cozy and the location can't be beat. Hike the Cape right across the street, then head to the Pelican for a delicious Kiwanda Cream Ale. The Anchorage is also a great little motel, but when we want to splurge, we come here.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 December 2011

My wife and I arrived after dark and needed a place to stay. It was off season but we had a lovely welcome from Debbie at the front desk. Our little dog was welcomed with open arms and all sorts of goodies.
The room was very comfortable with a splendid ocean view.
Debbie had suggested we go to the Pelican Brewery and Restaurant for supper and this was a treat in itself and very reasonably priced.
After we left, I realised I had left my driver's licence somewhere. I phoned the hotel and spoke to Debbie who called back later having tracked it down. I got it a couple of days later.

This is a very good place to stay in a lovely location.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 December 2011

My third visit to the Inn. Room was newly remodeled - although I haven't felt it needed it. The staff was extremely friendly and accommodating - when I asked the front desk where I could buy some toothpaste, they gave me a complimentary tube. Maintenance responded within half an hour to fix heater which had a blown fan..

I absolutely loved that the Inn has not jumped on the CFL bandwagon. I can't stand fluorescent light and the Inn does not either. I know it's not PC. nor sustainable, etc, but there's nothing more comforting in a room than incandescent light.

The view goes without saying is wonderful (watching the sunset over the Pacific).

Looking forward to my fourth visit..

Room Tip: By the elevator, there is no one on one side, thought I never heard anyone in another room.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Dbronx
Reviewed 17 November 2011

My GF and I spend one night here as part of a long weekend along the Oregon Coast and absolutely loved it. It's right across from the street from the beach with all rooms having ocean views and balconies. The staff was amazing, even calling us before we left to check in with us. My GF mentioned we were coming for her birthday when they called, and we were amazed to find a nice bottle of wine in the room waiting for us with a card! Our room was awesome, with a gas fireplace, queen bed, flatsceen TV, DVD, small fridge, etc. They even had a happy hour social with complimentary beer/wine and a cheese/cracker/fruit plate.

My only complaint was that I found the bed to be uncomfortable. It was too soft (I prefer a harder mattress) and we both felt the springs in the mattress a little. Not so bad that we couldn't sleep, but I expected better. Overall, it was a great place and we will definitely be staying again.

If you are in Pacific City and like beer, go to the Pelican Bay Brewery across the street from the Inn. Some of the best beer i've ever had. The service and food is very good. Plus, it's literally on the beach, so the view is perfect.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 3rd floor have a better view, as you would expect.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple