All reviews the pelican pub brew pub haystack rock oregon coast parking lot directly across the street jacuzzi room gas fireplace road noise coffee shop downstairs rooms face the ocean the cottages great view wonderful beach view of the ocean dory boats off season
Reviewed 29 January 2012

We were there for just one night celebrating our 6th anniversary. It was a gorgeous, sunny day on the coast we had a great time hanging out on the beach and up on the sand dunes which are massive and fun.

The hotel building, rooms, staff and amenities are great. The bed was comfortable, the bathroom clean, new and functional. The room has a fridge, microwave and morning coffee setup. Aveda products are used as toiletries. So far so good.

The hotel is across the street from the Pelican brew pub which has ample food and drink. It is also across the street where there is beach access for people as well as vehicles and boats.

Two things went wrong with our stay:
1) There were drag races with very large trucks after 12 midnight on the beach, which made it impossible to sleep.
2) A family with a small child was placed in the room next door which meant loud parents and child, 6:30am wake-up call by screaming child.

The hotel was not able to make any adjustments for us for the screaming child family, even though we were on the 'supposed', pet-free, small-child-family-free 3rd floor. When we asked about it and asked for a different room, we were told that the hotel was sold out and the last room was given to our 'neighbors'! Darn!
Not much encouragement there for us to revisit the Inn.

Coffee is good with very slow and disorganized service at the coffee shop around the corner called Stimulus. Coffee in hotel is not good if you are picky about your coffee.

This is considered off season, so our thought was during busy season more possible discomforts could happen. I'm fairly certain I won't be going back to this Inn, even though I love Cape Kiwanda.

Room tip: All rooms face the ocean, all rooms have balconies, all rooms also directly over the main route in and out of Cape Kiwanda and across the street from the huge parking lot for the main access to the beach.
Date of stay: January 2012
4  Thank Redhawk48
Reviewed 19 January 2012

The small, sandy beach at Cape Kiwanda, OR, is bounded by a huge sand dune and interesting sea caves at the north end, with a massive, arched haystack rock just offshore. All the rooms of the Inn face the haystack rock, with private balconies. The rooms are very spacious, nicely appointed, clean and well maintained. Service was friendly. There's an outdoor hot tub, and a highly regarded microbrew pub is right across the street. But the price seemed a bit high for this property, which was cozy but not ultra luxurious. Overall, we enjoyed our stay, and had no complaints.

Room tip: All the rooms have balconies and face the beach directly.
Date of stay: December 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
PacificCityYLBT, Internet & website marketing at Inn At Cape Kiwanda, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We appreciate your feedback and hope you will return soon. Cape Kiwanda with the large sand dune, tidepools and Haystack Rock just offshore is a wonderful area to visit. I believe you might have us partially confused with another property, as the Inn at Cape Kiwanda does not have an outdoor hot tub.
Thank you again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 6 January 2012

Pacific City is my favorite place on the Oregon coast, and I love to stay at this hotel. It's warm and cozy and the location can't be beat. Hike the Cape right across the street, then head to the Pelican for a delicious Kiwanda Cream Ale. The Anchorage is also a great little motel, but when we want to splurge, we come here.

Date of stay: January 2012
Reviewed 25 December 2011

My wife and I arrived after dark and needed a place to stay. It was off season but we had a lovely welcome from Debbie at the front desk. Our little dog was welcomed with open arms and all sorts of goodies.
The room was very comfortable with a splendid ocean view.
Debbie had suggested we go to the Pelican Brewery and Restaurant for supper and this was a treat in itself and very reasonably priced.
After we left, I realised I had left my driver's licence somewhere. I phoned the hotel and spoke to Debbie who called back later having tracked it down. I got it a couple of days later.

This is a very good place to stay in a lovely location.

Date of stay: December 2011
Reviewed 20 December 2011

My third visit to the Inn. Room was newly remodeled - although I haven't felt it needed it. The staff was extremely friendly and accommodating - when I asked the front desk where I could buy some toothpaste, they gave me a complimentary tube. Maintenance responded within half an hour to fix heater which had a blown fan..

I absolutely loved that the Inn has not jumped on the CFL bandwagon. I can't stand fluorescent light and the Inn does not either. I know it's not PC. nor sustainable, etc, but there's nothing more comforting in a room than incandescent light.

The view goes without saying is wonderful (watching the sunset over the Pacific).

Looking forward to my fourth visit..

Room tip: By the elevator, there is no one on one side, thought I never heard anyone in another room.
Date of stay: November 2011