“One of the greatest room/views on the Oregon coast !”

Inn At Cape Kiwanda
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Pacific City
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Pacific City is one of those "off the beaten track" places you read about. This place just reeks with character. The Inn at Cape Kiwanda is the place to stay. The view past the Pelican bar/grill is fabulous. The beach is a one-minute walk from your room. We come here every year just to watch the locals !

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
PacificCityYLBT, General Manager at Inn At Cape Kiwanda, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Thank you for being a loyal guest of ours, we really appreciate your business and friendship. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Great place to unwind! The rooms were really clean and comfortable and surprisingly quiet (we were there in March so the sliding doors were closed). The views are unbeatable! There were free movie rentals with pretty recent movies so your kids won't get bored at night. Across the street is the pub with, again, surprisingly good food (not totally greasy, fatty foods like other pubs). The pub also has great breakfasts! The best part was exploring the tide pools when the tide went out and watching die-hard surfers at 6:30 in the morning when the there was still frost on the roofs and driveways....brrrr! The beach was BEAUTIFUL! The only drawback about the Inn is that it is located across the street from the beach, but otherwise, definitely stay there!

Room Tip: All the rooms have a view of the ocean and rooms are non-smoking.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

I’m happy to hear that you were able to relax and unwind during your recent visit. The tidepools are amazing and fun to explore and there are so many fun things to do in our little beach town. Hopefully you can come back and visit with us again soon!

Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

Awesome place. Clean rooms and super friendly staff. Great amenities as well such as free bike rentals, free movie rental, beer and wine on weekends and root beer floats. Great for enjoying your morning breakfast or coffee on the private room patio overlooking the ocean. Dog friendly too! Definitely a big plus. They provided our pooch with her own blanket, towel, bowls and some treats. This place has made our visit to this gorgeous beach remarkable.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for the kind words and I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay. We do love pets (they hold an important place in our hearts) and we like to spoil them with extra goodies and treats. Come back and visit soon!

Reviewed 23 May 2014

First of all Pacific City is a great little town that hasn't become an exclusive resort for the rich like Cannon Beach. Fishing Dorys ply their trade daily from the beach across the street from the Inn, and tide pools and a giant sand dune await the explorer. Oh and we sound the back of whale and its blow and that was in May.

EVERY room at the Inn has a view on the ocean side. We booked a room on the third floor which gave us an even better view. The staff was polite and tripped over themselves to make sure we were comfortable and had everything we needed. Although the Inn has been here for over a decade, they have kept it modernized with an apparent ongoing updating process-it is beautiful. The rooms are clean, comfortable with thoughtful additions (e.g. wine glasses and a cork screw above the refrigerator, and complimentary bottles of water in the fridge). I had booked the week before when I found out our son would be home from college, they honored my request for a room on the top floor, and they definitely knew we were coming as there were three sets of everything from lotions, and soaps to glasses and towels.

The night was not cheap at $200, but it was a perfect value for that special brief time we had with our son, who was able to hike the dunes while we hung out on the beach out of the wind in the lee of the dune. Pacific City seems to have passive solar going for it and it will be sunny there when the rest of the coast is still in the fog.

The one downside is it is right on the street and on a weekend there is traffic during the day. But after about 5pm when you walk back from a scrumptious dinner at the Pelican Pub, the traffic has all headed back to Portland and you can sit on the balcony with a glass of your favorite beverage and watch the sun sink into the cloud bank.

BTW the beds are awesome and they do have a choice of soft - hard pillows (not just labeled that way as some places do).

Room Tip: I recommend the requesting a room on the top floor, on the south end. In addition if you have kids...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

We take great pride in our “little beach town” and feel honored that your family chose to stay with us. There is so much to do and see in the area and I’m pleased that you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

My wife and I booked a room at Inn on the spur of the moment during the week when weather was nice on the coast. A bit on the spendy side but I must admit the room was one of the nicest rooms I've stayed in on the Oregon Coast and my wife and I have stayed in Hotels from Seaside to Lincoln City (this includes the Inn at Spanish Head and the Inn at Otter Crest).

The balcony view was excellent and contrary to what some reviewers have said, the street traffic was not an issue.

Would recommend this Inn to anyone ...

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Sometimes those “spur of the moment” decisions can have amazing results! I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your recent stay
and we look forward to your next visit in the near future.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

My husband has fond memories of Pacific City and Cape Kiwanda from many years ago. So I thought it would be perfect to take him there for his recent birthday weekend. The photos on the website look nice. I thought it was pretty pricey, but hey, why not splurge once in a while? So I made the reservation for 2 nights & we looked forward to it for weeks.
I was in shock when we found the building, and it was right on the highway. Noisy, across the busy road to a parking lot before you get to the beach. The photos on the website carefully don't point this out (although I have to be honest and say that now that I've been there, I do see that some of the photos DO -- sort of -- show the road; but you have to look hard to understand what you're looking at.) Those photos are really very beautiful, and totally play down the noise & fumes from the road and the distance and ugliness of the parking lot access to the beach.
My other (negative) impression is how cramped the whole place feels. The interior architecture is quite nice -- light wood, tiles & beach themes -- But everything is so SMALL. The lobby, the fireplace sitting area, the room. We had a king room, entered by a narrow hallway which was always very dark; I was always bumping into the furniture. Also the bathroom Jacuzzi area was completely open to the bedroom -- clearly an attempt to open the place up and have a view out the window from the tub -- but offered NO privacy in the tub, the shower or at the sink. (The toilet WC does have a door.)
Those are my criticisms, and the reasons we won't be back.
I do have some positive comments. Most of the staff was nice (with 1 exception); we were given a darling basket with china place settings and cutlery when we asked for these to eat a meal in the room; free bottled water; nice big bathrobes. And we loved walking to the Dory Fleet side of the cove, watching the boats launch and return, and learning about this unique part of Oregon history.
When you go there, have fun -- but expect to overpay for a noisy, cramped accommodation which can be enjoyable if you spend most of your time outside.

Room Tip: We stayed at the South end. Maybe a room at the North end would have a better view (and possibly les...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Leslie M
PacificCityYLBT, General Manager at Inn At Cape Kiwanda, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Dear Leslie,
I would like to personally apologize that you were not satisfied with your experience at the Inn at Cape Kiwanda. We do our best to show that the Inn is not directly located on the beach side and always try to communicate this information to guests over the phone. Unfortunately we are unable to disguise the parking lot across the street, but our hope is that guests will be able to overlook this and enjoy the beautiful view. I know you planned on this being a special weekend to celebrate your husband’s birthday and I feel badly that you were disappointed. I welcome you to contact me so we can discuss your issues in more detail and hopefully encourage you to give us another try.

Kim Carr
Inn at Cape Kiwanda
888-965-7001

Reviewed 4 May 2014

Inn at Cape Kiwanda is one of the nicest hotels we have stayed at. The rooms had a wonderful atmosphere, clean and comfortable and the staff was friendly and helpful. Had two extremely relaxing days enjoying the balcony with the view of the ocean and two beautiful sunsets.

Room Tip: Every room has a view of the ocean.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

I’m so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Inn at Cape Kiwanda.
We look forward to your next “beach” visit!

Kim Carr

Pelican Shores Inn
Pelican Shores Inn
#2 of 35 in Lincoln City
BEST WESTERN PLUS Lincoln Sands Oceanfront Suites

Been to Inn At Cape Kiwanda? Share your experiences!