“Not your average sports bar. Great seafood.”

Sportsman Pub and Grub
Ranked #4 of 16 Restaurants in Pacific City
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 17 August 2013

We were steered here by our host for the fish and chips. The fresh, pan-fried oysters sounded better and were wonderful. Great fries, friendly service, and a clean bar. We didn't feel out of place even though most were locals.

Reviewed 27 July 2013

I had the fish and chips and my husband had a burrito. I wouldn't come again. I think there are other places that are better like Los Caporales. I had great fish tacos there. Sportsman was just kinda depressing and the food tasted old. My husband said his burrito meat tasted weird. I will give BJ's a try next time. Our server was as nice as can be tho. Food took a while to come out. Music was way to loud for daytime and a jukebox. I noticed people had alot of food to go.

Reviewed 21 July 2013

Not fancy, some call it a dive bar with the ubiquitous beer signs and video poker machines but the food was very tasty (had grilled oysters, yum!) and Oregon craft beers. Nice surprise!

1  Thank oregonbc
Reviewed 18 July 2013 via mobile

Now, there are only about 5 pubs in Pacific City. I read reviews and most said this was the best in town. Granted, it was packed! Service behind the bar was poor (I think it's simply because we aren't locals). Come here for a beer in the bottle
(our drafts were stale) and for local people watching. Don't expect much more.

Reviewed 17 July 2013

I always try to avoid the tourist traps when traveling and look for a spot where the locals eat. This bar and restaurant is on my radar each and every time I pass through Pacific City.
The day we went, the fisherman were just finishing their lunches, chatting about the fishing that morning. We all ordered the fried oysters since they were so fresh. And they were delicious, served with your choice of fries(they had three types), slaw and three sauces. Pricing is half of what you will pay and a popular tourist restaurant not far from here. Beer selection good, and full bar. The ling cod was fresh that morning as well. Keep up the good work Sportsman!