“Awesome Pub Grub”

Sportsman Pub and Grub
Ranked #3 of 14 Restaurants in Pacific City
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Calgary, Canada
“Awesome Pub Grub”
Reviewed 28 August 2013

You'd almost never expect to find such great and affordable, and a huge selection to boot, of pub food in such a fun hometown dive, almost, and it was great! Service was friendly and outstanding, and the ling cod fish and chips were to die for. We all stopped by for a late night drink as well and the place was simply packed with people, for good reason!

Visited August 2013

Missoula, Montana
“Not your average sports bar. Great seafood.”
Reviewed 17 August 2013

We were steered here by our host for the fish and chips. The fresh, pan-fried oysters sounded better and were wonderful. Great fries, friendly service, and a clean bar. We didn't feel out of place even though most were locals.

Visited August 2013
Netarts
“So-So”
Reviewed 27 July 2013

I had the fish and chips and my husband had a burrito. I wouldn't come again. I think there are other places that are better like Los Caporales. I had great fish tacos there. Sportsman was just kinda depressing and the food tasted old. My husband said his burrito meat tasted weird. I will give BJ's a try next time. Our server was as nice as can be tho. Food took a while to come out. Music was way to loud for daytime and a jukebox. I noticed people had alot of food to go.

• Visited July 2013
Tualatin, Oregon
“Recommended to us, glad we dropped in!”
Reviewed 21 July 2013

Not fancy, some call it a dive bar with the ubiquitous beer signs and video poker machines but the food was very tasty (had grilled oysters, yum!) and Oregon craft beers. Nice surprise!

Visited July 2013
1 Thank oregonbc
“People watching great - service is terrible.”
Reviewed 18 July 2013 via mobile

Now, there are only about 5 pubs in Pacific City. I read reviews and most said this was the best in town. Granted, it was packed! Service behind the bar was poor (I think it's simply because we aren't locals). Come here for a beer in the bottle
(our drafts were stale) and for local people watching. Don't expect much more.

Visited July 2013