“Great Mexican Food”

Ranked #5 of 15 Restaurants in Pacific City
Price range: US$6 - US$27
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 28 October 2013

For a very small coastal town, you won't believe what a great meal you will receive. Family run restaurant, fun to have a birthday and a great value. Very good Mexican food menu and quality food.

Reviewed 24 October 2013

On a recent trip down the coast of Oregon, we had a two night stay in Pacific City. As great lovers of good and authentic Mexican food, we always seek out a towns offering of such fare. Many times we are left very disappointed and other times very pleasantly surprised. Happily Los Caporales was a very wonderful discovery.

First impression was very favorable after speaking with one of the sons who explained the fresh ingredients used in preparing their very delicious Chili Rellenos. Chili Rellenos are my favorite Mexican dish and is often poorly prepared in most Mexican restaurants I have been to. Being assured that they use fresh Anaheim chilies, I decided to give it a try. I was not disappointed. This is my measure of a good Mexican Restaurant because they are not easy to prepare correctly. They receive very high marks from me on this alone, but there is more.

I love Margaritas and they have this down to perfection. Loved it. Will definitely go back next trip to the Oregon Coast. Very Good Job!

1  Thank Michele_MSanDiego
Reviewed 24 October 2013 via mobile

There's no skimping on the food or drinks here. A family-run business with enthusiastic, knowledgable and friendly service. Fresh chiles in the chili relleno and lots of tequila in the margaritas. We'll be back.

Reviewed 3 August 2013

I don't understand the great reviews, the food was horribly bland and mostly shredded lettuce. Yes the wait staff is nice but this was easily one of the worst meals I've eaten. Maybe all those great margaritas make the food taste better? When the cashier asked how we liked our meal I was honest in telling him we were not impressed. He proceeded to tell me why I was wrong!?! What?? So very very disappointed, with the food and cashier.

Reviewed 22 July 2013

We go to Pacific City regularly. Our first stop into town and last stop on way out is always this Mexican restaurant. Tortilla soup is fabulous.......so are the chalupas and Chile rellenos. I can never get enough of this food!! A terrific family owned business - and the staff is always very pleasant with big smiles.