“Excellent training, support, and adventure!!!”
Review of Team Fly Halo

Team Fly Halo
Reviewed 25 June 2013

My wife, father-in-law, and I spent a full week training with the Team Fly Halo team last year learning the sport of powered paragliding. I'll admit - I was nervous at first, as I'm an out of shape fatty (300lbs), my wife is a lightweight, and her dad is in his late 60s. (Heck, there was even a veteran with ONE LEG!) The first few days were just exhausting (as expected), building our ground handling and kiting skills through a series of drills intended to develop good habits muscle memory while boosting our confidence. And, it worked! Within a couple of days everybody was completely comfortable, yet encouraged to challenge themselves in new ways to improve their skills. The trainers were great at pushing the students, but also not letting them move on until they would clearly demonstrate a solid mastery of each level of training. Before we knew it, we were taking short free flights off of dunes to get used to the flight (and landing) dynamics before strapping motors to our backs and taking our first solo flights. In short, we all exceeded our own expectations of our limits and this wholly due to Team Fly Halo's great "can do" attitude. Everybody who trains together ended up becoming lifelong friends, bonding through the common experience and passion for flight.

SIDE NOTE: The only downside of that first session was that we were all using some older paramotor designs that were really uncomfortable and difficult for some people (self included) to use, causing a number of trips, drags, and failed launches for everyone, actually. We ended up going back for a second session a few months later for some follow up skill building and they had updated to a new paramotor design from a different manufacturer that changed EVERYTHING for that next group of "newbies" and made us realize what we were "missing" the first time around...

All in all a very memorable experience, not be be missed by any thrill-seeking adventure nuts like us!

2  Thank FunInSequim