“Great Pelican Beer Now in Tillamook”

Pelican Brewing Company
Ranked #3 of 16 Restaurants in Pacific City
Price range: US$14 - US$32
Cuisines: American, Pizza, Seafood
Good for: Groups, Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Description: This is where it all started back in 1996. Envisioned by three inspired founders, a little run-down beachfront building began its transformation into the international icon it is today. The only beachfront brewpub in the Pacific Northwest, this inviting establishment welcomes guests with tantalizing beer cuisine, intimate brewery tours and, arguably, the most incredible beach patio experience around. Gaze in awe at Oregon’s largest Haystack Rock. Watch the surfers. See the sun set. Order another beer.
Reviewed 24 October 2013

We were very happy to see that Pelican opened this tap room in Tillamook. When we camp at Cape Outlook, we've made the journey to Pacific City for beer and chowder. Now we only have to run into Tillamook. They'd just opened, we first stopped for a chowder and a beer. It's set up with an ordering/pay station, and a pick up station. The chowder is fantastic...lots of clams! We went back the next evening for dinner, wifi to check email (and to see how the Red Sox were doing) and to charge up our phones. The oyster plate is excellent, big and juicy oysters, and we had the fish and chips. Limited menu but it all looks great. Limited seating, but we usually would be coming in at off times. Looking forward to more camping trips to Cape Lookout so we can go again.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,045)

Reviewed 21 October 2013

This is a new location for Pelican. It is mostly intended to expand their brewing capacity but they also have a small menu of food items. Burgers, sandwiches, soups, etc...
It will be a nice place to stop by for lunch occasionally.

We attended the grand opening and got to try many free beer samples!

The food my wife and I had is every bit as good as we expect at the original Pelican Brewpub in Pacific City. And naturally the beer is great! Don't miss the beer battered fries!

You sit to eat overlooking the brewing process and I am sure you will be able to talk to the brewers as well.

Reviewed 20 October 2013

My wife and I like this place. It's right on the beach, the clam chowder is very good, and the beer is great. The food is decent, there's nothing at all wrong with it, but it seems a little over-priced for what you get, but I guess that's the price you pay for being at the beach. The wait staff has always been friendly.

Reviewed 19 October 2013

A comfortable, friendly place. The food is good, especially the local catch seafood dishes. Some nice beers.

Reviewed 17 October 2013

I went there because the location and the view. The food ( Reuben sandwich) has so little meat that even a 3 years old would starve, My wife had the burger, totally tasteless, the fries almost inedible.
But the thing that will keep me from going there ever again is the place is not just dirty, it is filthy.
The windowsills had so much dust on them to fill up a wheelbarrow, The space in front of the cushions in the boots had enough old food to feed an army. Seems like the place hasn't been cleaned for ages.
I have been in the restaurant business for about 50 years now, I have worked in London, Paris, Cruise ships and many restaurants as a waiter or Manager and I have never seen such a dirty place.
I cringe to even go in the kitchen to see what it looks like.
Piero G.