“Good homestyle food”

Cuisines: Cafe, Soups
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Takeout
Reviewed 20 July 2014

I ate here with my family for lunch on a July Monday. It was surprisingly busy when we first passed it at 11.30, but by the time we returned to eat at 1.30 pm it was fine and we were seated quickly. The actual time we waited for food was longer than I am accustomed to, but when we got the food, all was forgiven. It was all very much like I would cook at home - good simple ingredients combined well. Very tasty. I had the chicken taco soup - a great warmer after a cool morning on the beach. My daughter had the fish tacos - healthy with crisp veggies.
Bruch/breakfast offerings on the menu looked very tempting. I'd come back for sure.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

What a wonderful surprise. We stopped by when in town riding horses on the beach. They were actually closing and saw us pull into the driveway. A women came out and told us if we were interested she would let us in to see what she had left. Well I'll tell you we lucked out because those were the best cookies and bread I've ever had, What a delight. If your passing by, stop in you won't be disappointed!

Reviewed 10 July 2014

In coastal communities there seems to be an boatload of mediocre restaurants. Silly or mediocre service, so so meals, and all at full freight prices. Grateful Bread offers fresh meals made from scratch with skilled and friendly service. They offer breakfast and lunch 7:00-3:00 and are closed Wednesday. The grilled cod is fresh, not greasy, and served on a home made bun. They offer meals to go, good coffee for one dollar, and also are a bakery. Get cookies to go after a meal. Pacific City is off the beaten track and this restaurant is worth the trip. The real Oregon.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Come early to avoid the lines. This place is always busy in season and especially on weekends. And for good reason. Fresh baked goods and fresh food served in a gracious manner. Always wonderful and tasty. Not to be missed!

1  Thank trustthistraveler
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Marionberry scones, pumpkin cream cheese scones, giant cinnamon rolls, delectable baked goods. Fabulous breakfast options, service is pretty good, but stressed when busy. Great breakfast or lunch option in Pacific City.

1  Thank ORfoodie