“Great Is Right!”

Ranked #2 of 14 Restaurants in Pacific City
Price range: US$3 - US$11
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Soups
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Great Is Right!”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

We were staying in nearby Neskowin and enjoyed lunch at Grateful Bread on a Friday afternoon. The service was excellent as was our meal. We each enjoyed a different menu item and declared them to all be delicious. The bread accompanying the salads was superb. I went back the next day to purchase a baguette for our evening meal. In addition to bread, the pastry case is stocked with scones, pies, cookies and other delights. My husband wanted to return for Sunday breakfast. We waited a bit as this is a popular spot! Well worth the wait though: yummy omelets, great coffee and scones. Friendly and accommodating staff. Highly recommend.

• Visited July 2014

S. Pasadena CA
“The best scone I've ever tasted!”
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

We ate at Grateful Bread twice during our short stay in Pacific City. The food is very good, served with remarkable bread. On our way out we purchased a couple of scones for the road. I just finished the most flavorful, moist scone of my life! I had a marionberry scone, but I'm sure the rest are just as amazing...full of flavor, whole berries and a soft crumble. Stock up! I wish I had.

Joplin
“Good homestyle food”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

I ate here with my family for lunch on a July Monday. It was surprisingly busy when we first passed it at 11.30, but by the time we returned to eat at 1.30 pm it was fine and we were seated quickly. The actual time we waited for food was longer than I am accustomed to, but when we got the food, all was forgiven. It was all very much like I would cook at home - good simple ingredients combined well. Very tasty. I had the chicken taco soup - a great warmer after a cool morning on the beach. My daughter had the fish tacos - healthy with crisp veggies.
Bruch/breakfast offerings on the menu looked very tempting. I'd come back for sure.

Stockton
“Delicious”
Reviewed 12 July 2014

What a wonderful surprise. We stopped by when in town riding horses on the beach. They were actually closing and saw us pull into the driveway. A women came out and told us if we were interested she would let us in to see what she had left. Well I'll tell you we lucked out because those were the best cookies and bread I've ever had, What a delight. If your passing by, stop in you won't be disappointed!

Clackamas Oregon
“Grateful for Grateful Bread”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

In coastal communities there seems to be an boatload of mediocre restaurants. Silly or mediocre service, so so meals, and all at full freight prices. Grateful Bread offers fresh meals made from scratch with skilled and friendly service. They offer breakfast and lunch 7:00-3:00 and are closed Wednesday. The grilled cod is fresh, not greasy, and served on a home made bun. They offer meals to go, good coffee for one dollar, and also are a bakery. Get cookies to go after a meal. Pacific City is off the beaten track and this restaurant is worth the trip. The real Oregon.

• Visited July 2014