“Not to be missed when in Pacific City”

The Grateful Bread Bakery & Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 15 Restaurants in Pacific City
Price range: US$3 - US$11
Cuisines: Cafe, Soups
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Stopped by for lunch when visiting the northern Oregon coast on a day trip from Portland. Found a welcoming, down-home environment, ordered a simple sandwich (on delicious whole grain bread) and salad lunch from a very friendly and attentive waitress. Clearly, this is a favorite place with the locals, and I can see why...folks are treated nicely, served promptly, and fed well! Purchased some baked goods before leaving - muffins,scones, and cookies - and now treating/rationing myself from the freezer. Everything has tasted wonderful. You can't go wrong at this terrific spot in Pacific City!

1  Thank Don53

Reviewed 4 August 2014

We were part of a 17 person post wedding day brunch group, so it took awhile to get a table together, but they accommodated us nicely. Since I had already eaten some that morning, I only had one of their wonderful scones. Mine was white chocolate and blueberries, and was quite good. My wife, a scone fan, really liked mine a little better than her gluten free marionberry scone. Everyone seemed to enjoy their meal, and as I mentioned in the title, the service was friendly and attentive. I also ordered hot chocolate and it was just OK.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

We really enjoyed our breakfast here. Popular spot with the locals. Super friendly service and good food. If I remember right, if you like eggs, you better like them scrambled, because I think that's the only way they serve them. ;-)

If I ever get the chance to return to Cape Kiwanda, I will certainly eat there again.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

We were staying in nearby Neskowin and enjoyed lunch at Grateful Bread on a Friday afternoon. The service was excellent as was our meal. We each enjoyed a different menu item and declared them to all be delicious. The bread accompanying the salads was superb. I went back the next day to purchase a baguette for our evening meal. In addition to bread, the pastry case is stocked with scones, pies, cookies and other delights. My husband wanted to return for Sunday breakfast. We waited a bit as this is a popular spot! Well worth the wait though: yummy omelets, great coffee and scones. Friendly and accommodating staff. Highly recommend.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

We ate at Grateful Bread twice during our short stay in Pacific City. The food is very good, served with remarkable bread. On our way out we purchased a couple of scones for the road. I just finished the most flavorful, moist scone of my life! I had a marionberry scone, but I'm sure the rest are just as amazing...full of flavor, whole berries and a soft crumble. Stock up! I wish I had.